[IPS] Moemon HeartGold(works with SacredGold)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Googling around I stumbled on this post since I was looking for hg/ss moemon too.

If anybody is interested in having hg/ss complete moemon that also works with hacks like sacred gold, note that the platinum moemon is compatible with hg/ss, just follow the same steps described by the OP: rename platinum moemon pokegra file to 4 (no extension) and replace using nitroexplorer the file OP is pointing at.

Some of the OP's sprites are better looking than the platinum version though. Overland pokemon sprites remain unchanged.

• 4 months later...
On 4/4/2016 at 6:10 AM, goyimsan1991 said:

Googling around I stumbled on this post since I was looking for hg/ss moemon too.

If anybody is interested in having hg/ss complete moemon that also works with hacks like sacred gold, note that the platinum moemon is compatible with hg/ss, just follow the same steps described by the OP: rename platinum moemon pokegra file to 4 (no extension) and replace using nitroexplorer the file OP is pointing at.

Some of the OP's sprites are better looking than the platinum version though. Overland pokemon sprites remain unchanged.

I can't seem to figure out what it is you did. I've spent about 4 hours with no luck.

I can edit the Platinum version just fine with the readme instructions, but I'm attempting to follow what you did to play HG with moemon sprites.

At the end of the day, you are able to play HG or SS with moe-sprites, right? Would you be willing to upload screenshots to what exactly I should be changing, a video, or even the working game?

Edited by sometaters
Additional info
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been looking into editing the overworld sprites for pokémon. Such a thing is possible, but will involve tedious data manipulation for each sprite as no tool has been developed. Would someone like to actually submit a sprite for this? I would need 8 32x32 sprites, 2 down, 2 up, 2 left, 2 right (Half of them can be mirrored) with two easily accessible palettes.

Personally, I'm want heartgold more for 80x80 sprites and 4 gen moemon, but having animals version of moemon follow you is just weird.

Edited by Septentrion
  • Kizhaz locked this topic