Thou Shalt Becometh Swoll...

Opinions on girls and muscles? I've heard it a lot "Just don't get too muscular". Although I am not aiming to be super muscular I do want to feel and be strong, and look that way as well. I know a lot of female body builders so I get a lot of this discussion going on, and it's interesting to hear both sides and what people think who also work out. 

For example I think this women looks fantastic but I am not aiming for this

[spoiler] 

l_42342520-598b-11e2-80c8-6f10f2000009.j

[/spoiler]

I have a friend who has won some considerable female body building/physique competitions who looked similar to the image above. She's now gone "down a level" (hard to explain) and fits a different criteria and does well there. I am more so aiming for this: 

[spoiler]

FitspoSource-Instagram-user-fltness.jpg

[/spoiler]

Just a nice tight tummy and muscular arms and legs. I'm not far away my any means but I want to maintain it more this time and maybe not get injured LOL. So far my candy addiction has gone by the wayside so that has been nice. Other than that I am a very healthy eater and I understand what my body needs for food. 

Anyway, just looking for opinions on a slightly controversial subject. What do the women look like in your gym? I assume you guys/gals check them out... I know I do ^_^

Edited by Emlee

The 2nd girl you posted is top tier.

Like this type of girl body to me is unbelievably attractive:

tumblr_nan4dgNsb21rsqcn1o1_500.png

I live in a more... affluent area so I do see a fair amount of girls with bodies like this which makes the gym enjoyable.

Yeah she has a great and healthy body. I think a shapely stomach is awesome. I am lucky in that my stomach is the last place to gain weight and the first to lose it. I struggle with my arms a bit, they're not overly fatty but they do build muscle easily so large muscle + a bit of flab makes for unshapely arms pour moi haha. I am working on it though, I will get back there ;D 

Edited by Emlee

Yeah she has a great and healthy body. I think some a shapely stomach is awesome. I am lucky in that my stomach is the last place to gain weight and the first to lose it. I struggle with my arms a bit, they're not overly fatty but they do build muscle easily so large muscle + a bit of flab makes for unshapely arms pour moi haha. I am working on it though, I will get back there ;D 

Good stuff. I'd say you're on the same mindset as me. No need for an overly muscular girl, just a nice toned body.

Honestly, I'm sure he loves you regardless, but just see what Barrage likes the most.

Good stuff. I'd say you're on the same mindset as me. No need for an overly muscular girl, just a nice toned body.

Honestly, I'm sure he loves you regardless, but just see what Barrage likes the most.

hahahahahaha. He likes me when I am at my best/happiest :P If I ask him all he says is you "always look beautiful" etc. I think we both like how I look when I am a bit fitter than atm though haha. 

On a side note: 

Also saw an overly obese women at the gym and I never see that. Made me happy to see someone be brave enough to go to the gym at that weight, it's a really huge obstacle to overcome if you're severely obese. For us it's usually "hey I am getting a bit big, I'll go to the gym and get back on track" and for someone who is significantly overweight they have such a long way to go and such a huge mental barrier to overcome. 

hahahahahaha. He likes me when I am at my best/happiest :P If I ask him all he says is you "always look beautiful" etc. I think we both like how I look when I am a bit fitter than atm though haha. 

On a side note: 

Also saw an overly obese women at the gym and I never see that. Made me happy to see someone be brave enough to go to the gym at that weight, it's a really huge obstacle to overcome if you're severely obese. For us it's usually "hey I am getting a bit big, I'll go to the gym and get back on track" and for someone who is significantly overweight they have such a long way to go and such a huge mental barrier to overcome. 

tell her to watch out for loose skin cause seriously that shits scary

Personally I like it when 'ma woman' is a bit rounder and has a healthy amount of fat. Not looking fat and not looking skinny either. What I do like is when they are physically active so it's not 'flubber-fat', still should have a nice shape. That's what I like though, I don't think it is right or wrong to bodybuild or get a nice tight tummy, it's just not my taste and wouldn't want my girl aiming for that.

Personally I like it when 'ma woman' is a bit rounder and has a healthy amount of fat. Not looking fat and not looking skinny either. What I do like is when they are physically active so it's not 'flubber-fat', still should have a nice shape. That's what I like though, I don't think it is right or wrong to bodybuild or get a nice tight tummy, it's just not my taste and wouldn't want my girl aiming for that.

That's fair! To be perfectly honest super muscular men aren't my thing either so I can relate. I won't say I want "ma man" round though haha.

tell her to watch out for loose skin cause seriously that shits scary

I think there isn't much choice there :( Unfortunately. 

Slowly excercising and building down diet over like 1-2 years as opposed to going full diet and full excercise prevents a lot of loose skin I read.

A year of patience prevents potential surgery/self image issues.

I think you can reduce the loose skin in that way but I think it's almost inevitable. Loose skin is like the "face" of real extreme weight loss that gets covered up all the time. I am sure some people's bodies are better at handling it than others though. I remember reading that a women who lost a significant amount of weight was asked to do a testimony article and then when she refused to put clothes on to hide her loose skin they wouldn't run the article haha. This happens all the time. But yeah. 

Well with round I don't mean obviously round belly. Just not as tight as those pictures. If I had to express it in bodyfat% it would be around 25%.

Oh I know what you mean. Whereas I think women look best with ~20 or even ~18. 

EDIT: Those are what I would be happy with, I still think that 11-15% is awesome on women, just not pour moi. I can't maintain and I wouldn't be at my happiest. 

Edited by Emlee

@Emlee, I think people have probably nothing against muscular women, on the contrary.
The sole criteria being that breasts don't start to look too much like pecs. Abs are fine, pec-boobs somewhat less attractive.
Can't guarantee I speak for everyone.

Opinions on girls and muscles? I've heard it a lot "Just don't get too muscular". Although I am not aiming to be super muscular I do want to feel and be strong, and look that way as well. I know a lot of female body builders so I get a lot of this discussion going on, and it's interesting to hear both sides and what people think who also work out. 

For example I think this women looks fantastic but I am not aiming for this

[spoiler] 

l_42342520-598b-11e2-80c8-6f10f2000009.j

[/spoiler]

I have a friend who has won some considerable female body building/physique competitions who looked similar to the image above. She's now gone "down a level" (hard to explain) and fits a different criteria and does well there. I am more so aiming for this: 

[spoiler]

FitspoSource-Instagram-user-fltness.jpg

[/spoiler]

Just a nice tight tummy and muscular arms and legs. I'm not far away my any means but I want to maintain it more this time and maybe not get injured LOL. So far my candy addiction has gone by the wayside so that has been nice. Other than that I am a very healthy eater and I understand what my body needs for food. 

Anyway, just looking for opinions on a slightly controversial subject. What do the women look like in your gym? I assume you guys/gals check them out... I know I do ^_^

Aim for this

levi_vector_by_jay9tv-d87cqc8.png

Huge image so you can get it perfect

Entitlement? Do you mean knowing you're a fucking boss because you've put 100% of your effort into bettering yourself, working as hard as you can, and achieving your goals?

Yeah, I admire that a lot.

Pretty sure that's confidence.

Entitlement is an episode of Sweet 16

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.