Thou Shalt Becometh Swoll...

Damn I just noticed I made a pretty big typo. I'm not 166lbs, I'm 146lbs lelelel, my goals stay the same though just changed my weight goal, I thought something was wrong there haha. Edited first post.

Tfw 112 and 5"1. And my weight will go down in the next month or so before going up. I can't even get a good idea of my fitness from comparing myself with you guys haha.

My workout routine is dramatically different from most of you. I aim to go to the gym 6 days a week and do 3 or 4 days cardio and 2 or 3 days everything else. I can only stay at the gym for about 30 to 45 mins. I have umm mental tendencies where I can get too "into the gym" and go for two hours a day and not eat enough so it's a big feat for me to keep it at 45 mins max and see myself gain muscle.

It's really just my goal to workout, get back to my petite and muscular bod (a good balance) and be happy. The gym reduces stress levels for me and makes me happy. So it's more than just being physically for for me!

45mins is more than enough, my workout generally takes 45 minutes, I just take 15 minutes extra to stretch afterwards. It's good that you can find motivation without having a solid specific goal, this is usually the number one rule when you are going to the gym. Have goals, try to reach them, keep them realistic. I would still like to suggest to have set goals for yourself, not vague goals like 'get muscle' but really numbers so you can effectively measure them. They will help you stay motivated.

After two years of injury/illness, I lost 8kg of muscle which I want back now.

On week 6 now I believe.

Tyrone: 5'10 and 144 lbs (1m78 65kg).

Goal: 154 lbs (70kg)

Monday: Chest (Flat Bench, Incline DB, Decline Bench, Flat flyes), Biceps (DB Curls and Straigh Bar curls) and Abs (decline sit-ups)

Tuesday: Back (Lat pulls, cable rows, Deadlift and chin-ups), Legs (Squags, Standing Calves, Leg Curls)

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Shoulders (Shoulder Row, Shoulder Press, DB Side Raise), Triceps (Skull crushers, Tricep Pushdown) and Abs (Torso rotation machine, side to side sit-ups and Leg Raises).

Rest of the week: Rest

A workout generally takes 75 minutes, after which I immediately take a sauna session of 2x 15 minutes.

(I really recommend sauna after working out, it's the best feeling ever and reduces muscle soreness etc.

Gotta stay hydrated during the workout and sauna though, so I always bring a big bottle of 1.5l water to the gym and it's empty when I get home 2.5h later.

Haven't gained anything other than strength yet, because my diet doesn't consist of enough proteins and calories.

Should get a water based proteine shake to drink in between sauna session right after the work out.

Nice to see you back at it brah. I would like to give you some small suggestions. First off I would say swap chin ups for bodyweight pull ups if you can do those (doesn't matter if you can only do 1 or 2). You already have some exercises that hit the biceps specifically and in my opinion the chin up works your biceps way harder than your back. Yes pull ups still target biceps as a secondary muscle group, but chin ups put even more emphasis on it, while pull ups will target your back way better. IMO ofc.

Then I'd suggest that you not do Back and Legs on the same freakin' day. You know those two are your biggest muscle groups and working them together will work counterproductive. IMO you could either:

1. Add an extra day that only hits legs. (preferably)

2. If you don't have time for a 4-day split, I'd say do triceps&back or shoulder&back and hit your legs on thursday.

Damn I just noticed I made a pretty big typo. I'm not 166lbs, I'm 146lbs lelelel, my goals stay the same though just changed my weight goal, I thought something was wrong there haha. Edited first post.

45mins is more than enough, my workout generally takes 45 minutes, I just take 15 minutes extra to stretch afterwards. It's good that you can find motivation without having a solid specific goal, this is usually the number one rule when you are going to the gym. Have goals, try to reach them, keep them realistic. I would still like to suggest to have set goals for yourself, not vague goals like 'get muscle' but really numbers so you can effectively measure them. They will help you stay motivated.

Nice to see you back at it brah. I would like to give you some small suggestions. First off I would say swap chin ups for bodyweight pull ups if you can do those (doesn't matter if you can only do 1 or 2). You already have some exercises that hit the biceps specifically and in my opinion the chin up works your biceps way harder than your back. Yes pull ups still target biceps as a secondary muscle group, but chin ups put even more emphasis on it, while pull ups will target your back way better. IMO ofc.

Then I'd suggest that you not do Back and Legs on the same freakin' day. You know those two are your biggest muscle groups and working them together will work counterproductive. IMO you could either:

2. If you don't have time for a 4-day split, I'd say do triceps&back or shoulder&back and hit your legs on thursday.

I have microgoals. Just not a specific weight, or measurements that I want to obtain. So when I go to the gym and do cardio I do have an aim, or when I work with machines/free weights/etc I have goals as well. I avoid weighing myself as much as possible because it triggers (sorry to use that word) unhealthy eating habits etc for me. 

Right, I also made a typo. I actually do assisted pull ups (Cant do bodyweight yet) instead of chin ups. Didn't realise they were two different exercices.

As far as Back and Legs on the same day, adding an extra day is not possible.

I'll switch Back and Shoulders, so it becomes Back+Triceps on Thursday and Legs+Shoulder on Tuesday.

I have microgoals. Just not a specific weight, or measurements that I want to obtain. So when I go to the gym and do cardio I do have an aim, or when I work with machines/free weights/etc I have goals as well. I avoid weighing myself as much as possible because it triggers (sorry to use that word) unhealthy eating habits etc for me. 

It does feel nice to get into the gym and say, "I'm going to lift this this many times today" and actually do it. Come out feeling all kinds of euphoric. 

It does feel nice to get into the gym and say, "I'm going to lift this this many times today" and actually do it. Come out feeling all kinds of euphoric.

Yeah, it's kinda like sex ya' know. You go in there saying: 'this time... THIS TIME I'm gonna thrust three times!' and actually doing it. Come out feeling all kinds of euphoric.

Definitely! I just think different things work for different people though, to get that feeling. I might have a goal in mind but if I get there and feel I could do more than I go for it. If I feel hungry when I go home and sleep like a baby at night then I usually feel satisfied with myself haha. 

Who worked out today? I got my workout in before EBGames opened and then went and got my preorders \o/ Also saw my father when I was in town and he said I was looking good fitness wise so that was nice! 

Who worked out today? I got my workout in before EBGames opened and then went and got my preorders \o/ Also saw my father when I was in town and he said I was looking good fitness wise so that was nice! 

Today is the team tournament and a study weekend for me, so I had to get that morning sleep and lock down. Going to try and sneak in before it closes tonight for a quick one, if you know what I mean thinknice... three thrusts this time!

Never posted stats here so I guess I will too:

Weekly: On Week 3 of this program. It's a Light/Heavy cycle program and I've enjoyed it.

I follow the program for lifting so here is my cardio routine.

Monday: Spin Class

Tuesday: AM Basketball

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: AM and PM Basketball

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Morning Run

Sunday: Rest

Strengths: Chest/Triceps/Athleticism

Weak Areas: Core/Diet/Stamina/Flexibility

Supplements: Isolate Whey/Creatine/Pre-Workout/Glutamine

Goals: Trying to gain strength while cutting weight. Switching to an office job a couple years ago added like 20 pounds to me and I've been trying to lose it constantly, but I don't focus on a diet enough to. I have bad rotator cuffs and lower back issues so trying to stay injury-free is a plus as well.

Bench Press Max:  275 lbs

Tricep Pushdowns: 5x100 lbs

Barbell Curl: 5x90 lbs

Lat Pulldowns:5x190 lbs

Squats Max: 275 lbs (Bad Back)

Deadlift Max: 185 lbs (Extra Bad Back)

Clean and Press Max: 135 lbs

Edited by Orangeslash

Yo orange, you see any benefits on glutamine? Was thinking About using it

Yeah, it's been awesome. They say it helps you burn fat easier too, which may or may not be true. I primarily take it to shorten recovery time. I'm always active or lifting so I need all the help I can get. Just mix with your protein shake, drinking it by itself tastes like balls.

I did arms today and I had a vein in my arm semi pop and it's like the first time i've ever seen it so BAM and I felt like Arnold and then it went away and I went to feelin like a pleb.

Glutamine is nice imo i stacked with BCAA's for a few months when I started working out (Brother in law recommended it) but I got off it when I started planning meals so I felt I had enough coming off the food plus the protein I had at the time listed all that which saved me money to upgrade to higher grade protein which..actually looking into it isnt spiked with this stuff so debating whether if I should start supplementing it in now anyways too. I haven't given much thought to it until you mentioned it again. Got me thinking.

Thanks for the knowledge guys! I think I'll check one out. 

Had a fantastic workout today! I'm super sore ^_^ Had a wonderful smoothie afterwards too <3

I had a big test. I played some ball. I lifted some weights. My ankle didn't explode. The return is real. 

[spoiler] Also made a legit smoothie too =) [/spoiler]

Thanks for the knowledge guys! I think I'll check one out. 

I had a big test. I played some ball. I lifted some weights. My ankle didn't explode. The return is real. 

[spoiler] Also made a legit smoothie too =) [/spoiler]

I think you're me. Played ball, played well, and my ankles are in tact. TodayWasAGoodDay.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.