Thou Shalt Becometh Swoll...

I played 4 games of co-ed, law school softball this weekend. 4 short, hour long games. Did I absolutely crush the ball? Sure. But here's the damage

Areas of my body which are still sore today (Tuesday):

Thighs

Calves

Lower Back

Upper Back

Neck

Triceps

Biceps

Wrists

Bottom of feet (this one is strange)

Voice

All this from Law School, Co-Ed, Softball. In college, I was throwing 120 pitches every 5 days and running 3 miles a day, minimum, in between starts. What the hell happened?

Maybe it's time to hit the gym again

out of curiosity, what's the difference between cow and soy and almond and whey and all these other types of milks ya'll mention? is it just flavor or are the others healthier alternatives?

[spoiler] 2lazy to do extensive google research [/spoiler]

out of curiosity, what's the difference between cow and soy and almond and whey and all these other types of milks ya'll mention? is it just flavor or are the others healthier alternatives?

[spoiler] 2lazy to do extensive google research [/spoiler]

There's debates for and against cow, soy and almond milk. Personally I can't digest milk hahha, lactose sensitive and I am a firm believer we only really need water to quench our thirst so I just go for almond milk (if I need to make a smoothie) because it tastes the best and there are studies for and against soy milk being bad for you for various reasons. A lot of people think soy milk was made because it's a byproduct from one of the most lucrative businesses (soy bean production) but there's a lot of controversy there. In all honesty milk has a lot of sugars in it and it's not great to consume a ton of it, but it does provide calcium.

At the end of the day there are just so many conflicting reasons to drink or not drink any of them. It's safe to just go with water but if you like drinking milk I don't think it will make your life significantly more difficult to do that haha. :P If you want to avoid sugar for weight gaining reasons/diabetes/its addictive properties/what it does to your brain than limit drink to mostly water and tea... but other stuff is okay in moderation imo. That's just what I do.

TL;DR live your life unless you're getting noticeably fat or unhealthy 

Edited by Emlee

words

Oooh I seeeeee.

I drink an excessive amount of (skim) milk tho I'm starting to swap to water. B-but I like coffee/lattes so trying to cut back on those is like my main vice ;_;

also word blob hidden in spoiler because i'm s-shy

[spoiler]i feel like i should talk/mention this so that i stay motivated. but um, i've been doing pretty good about starting to work out/changing my eating habits. taking baby steps in what i've been doing so that i don't get over my head and quit.

I've been a lot more careful about what I eat (haven't had a lot of processed shit, mostly cooking so >healthier, watching my proportions, etc. I've changed from eating til i'm stuffedasfuck to eating until I'm not hungry, which is difficult but ughghuh but it's slowly becoming easier. Also stopped eating super late since I hear your metabolism slows down at night which I guess makes sense? I also used to eat a lot of sweets, but I've managed to limit myself to like, something small like a tiny piece of a chocolate bar, but starting today I'm changing it to a small candy or whatever every 2-4 days. I used to drink coffee/lattes like, practically every day, so I changed it to every other day so far. Waiting for my body to get a little more accustomed to that atm because holy shit on the days I don't get a cup-o-joe, i feel like a druggie that needs their fix (probably caffeine dependency?)

I haven't been able to bike ride lately because it's rained like every day last week, but instead I've been doing squats, going up/down the stairs, pretty much anything I can do at home.

my whole work out/get fit plan is not very impressive and looks pretty laughable compared to you guys but I want to ease myself into the more healthy life style because I've tried nose diving into it before and it didn't work out, and setting up these small changes that progress has been a lot more successful for me. I figured once I can change my eating habits and start some movement, I can uh, do more research or something about workout plans because the whole thing seems daunting to me at the moment. idk.

I guess I also feel kinda lucky because my sister has been like my personal trainer/motivator haha. I tell her my plans and she makes sure I keep on track/don't give up. she got all excited yesterday when I was like "hey when are we g-going biking again..." hahaha it was kind of adorable.

so yeah, feeling pretty good![/spoiler]

Squatted for the first time since my ankle injury. Felt so damn good. 

Also at Deejayejaye, it sounds like your having fun with your workouts which is all that we can ask for. That right there is the thing that's going to keep us at it. The diet part for me is my worst enemy, so I'm very impressed with the work you've put in. Stick to it and check in here every now and then!

Deej! It's super hard to change your diet haha. I'm an ex candy addict and I could bounce back at anytime. It's like a real drug haha no lie. Being healthy is super important and it's exciting to take baby steps into it. I am sure you're not too far away to begin with anyway. Any exercise helps too so don't be too hard on yourself for doing stuff around the house. Also that's nice you're sister is helping you out haha. I thought she used to be just annoying for you LOL.

Whats the reason for splitting your dosage?

I read that you pee most of the stuff in vitamins out years ago, especially the cheaper ones like I buy. So I cut them in half because I think my body might get slightly better absorption. I'm not sure if it works, probably not.

However, it makes sense. For example, you don't drink one gallon of water at breakfast then not drink any water again the rest of the day. You drink water throughout the day.

Disclaimer: not a doctor.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.