Thou Shalt Becometh Swoll...

• 2 years later...

Damn, I've been slacking a lot lately but here is where my body is at: 128 lbs and 13.5% body fat. It was fun initially starting out in the gym, and getting those newbie gains because of body recomposition, but I think I'm now in that phase where it's either cut or bulk. Trying to cut to 10% body fat atm, so that I can start bulking for the gains. I find myself to be one of those people who is easily able to put on fat rather than muscle, that's why I prefer to start off at a much lower body fat %.  A part of me wants to try out those speedy fat loss diets like keto, but that seems quite unhealthy, and not something that I can stick to in the long term, so it's 40% carbs 30% fat 30% protein for now.  

What are your goals, guys?

@NikhilR Cutting from 13.5% to 10% when you're only 128 lbs doesn't sound much healthy either bro. What you need to do is honestly just pound down a well rounded meal like you wrote at a high amount. How often do you work out and what do you typically do? Cutting from 13.5 to 10 is also going to be really fucking hard and you need a strong diet and a lot of hours in the gym working your ass off. 

For me, I'm currently rotating down in Idaho for 6 weeks with an old roommate and we getting into the gym life. Currently 186 and after this week our goal is to match our body weight, so he's trying to add to get to 183 and I'm dropping to 183. We started last week and have been hitting the gym hard and trying to eat right. Unfortunately I cracked and had a bunch of tacos and chips and queso last night. Ugh. Anyhoos, feels good to be lifting consistently again. Med school just drains you. 

Just now, DoubleJ said:

@NikhilR Cutting from 13.5% to 10% when you're only 128 lbs doesn't sound much healthy either bro. What you need to do is honestly just pound down a well rounded meal like you wrote at a high amount. How often do you work out and what do you typically do? Cutting from 13.5 to 10 is also going to be really fucking hard and you need a strong diet and a lot of hours in the gym working your ass off. 

For me, I'm currently rotating down in Idaho for 6 weeks with an old roommate and we getting into the gym life. Currently 186 and after this week our goal is to match our body weight, so he's trying to add to get to 183 and I'm dropping to 183. We started last week and have been hitting the gym hard and trying to eat right. Unfortunately I cracked and had a bunch of tacos and chips and queso last night. Ugh. Anyhoos, feels good to be lifting consistently again. Med school just drains you. 

Yeah cutting to 10% is like super hard at the moment. I haven't hit the gym in almost a month, so for now my workouts are basically pushups, tricep dips, squats. Law school just takes up way too much of my time, so my priority at the moment is to just focus on my diet.

As for your goals, I think it's okay if you want to have tacos, chips and queso haha. There are some rough days when that's just what your body craves, and so it's okay to give in. Just make sure you try to eat healthy, whole foods for the rest of the week.

1 minute ago, NikhilR said:

Yeah cutting to 10% is like super hard at the moment. I haven't hit the gym in almost a month, so for now my workouts are basically pushups, tricep dips, squats. Law school just takes up way too much of my time, so my priority at the moment is to just focus on my diet.

As for your goals, I think it's okay if you want to have tacos, chips and queso haha. There are some rough days when that's just what your body craves, and so it's okay to give in. Just make sure you try to eat healthy, whole foods for the rest of the week.

Yea brah, 13.5 is gucci. Just keep it balanced. And if law school is kicking your ass, it's time to get real disciplined and hit them early morning workouts fam. 

Tacos are my enemy, but I love them. 

• 4 weeks later...

Dropped some much needed poundage from 188 to 179 over the course of two weeks. Can already feeling the athleticism flowing back into my old bones. Diet is a lot healthier. Cut out refined carbs and sugars (excluding Friday night, that pizza was dank). 

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.