Thou Shalt Becometh Swoll...

See I love this thread. I love me some milk too, but on the cut is it necessary? Looking for a milk-free life on my next (first real) cut. 

Damn, I've been out of the gym since Monday. My membership ended when I finished up my year on campus and so I had to run out of town. Made it to my old stomping grounds and gonna hit my old gym with the boys. Gonna be good to see them old faces. Literally old, it's tied to a physical therapy joint that helps out the elderly more commonly than not. We got a joke that we walk in and give the old gals something to look at. Gym is perfect though. Has everything a guy could ask for plus a dedicated trainer. 

How do you guys eat enough calories?

I'm a little guy (5'4 110 lbs ;-; )
I tried working out for about six months and I gained about 10 pounds but I honestly didn't feel different. I went to the gym at least 5 days a week for an hour between classes.
I would drink protein after workouts and before bed.
Every couple workouts I would increase the weight I lifted a little.
Some weeks I would lose weight though and that happened a couple weeks in a row which ultimately lead me to stop going completely.
My biggest problem was trying to eat enough, I work part time and go to class full time so sometimes I can only eat 2-4 times a day
I would try to pack a punch of food and eat it on the go but then i would just get full really fast

Edited by Shaniqualela

How do you guys eat enough calories?

I'm a little guy (5'4 110 lbs ;-; )
I tried working out for about six months and I gained about 10 pounds but I honestly didn't feel different. I went to the gym at least 5 days a week for an hour between classes.
I would drink protein after workouts and before bed.
Every couple workouts I would increase the weight I lifted a little.
Some weeks I would lose weight though and that happened a couple weeks in a row which ultimately lead me to stop going completely.
My biggest problem was trying to eat enough, I work part time and go to class full time so sometimes I can only eat 2-4 times a day
I would try to pack a punch of food and eat it on the go but then i would just get full really fast

I guarantee the things you're eating are too low calorie. Don't worry about eating more fats/sugar if you're gaining no weight. It's all macronutrients. Make your protein shakes part cream or whole milk and add some more calorically dense foods to your diet. Yes, fast food, chips, etc are all definetely on the table assuming its not the majority of your diet. 

The majority of what I eat is chicken, peanut butter sandwiches (sometimes with jelly or banana but usually plain), tuna, fruit (apples mangos and bananas mostly). I just get full really fast, like I'll eat half a pb sandwich and not feel hungry for 3-4 hours

Ya not gonna make much gains on that kind of a diet. That's a super lean diet, minus the pb&j's. Also kinda dependent on how much fruit you eat. That sugar.

Time to add some yogurt, whole milk, mas protein, a quality and clean whey product, and more quality carbs. 

Ya not gonna make much gains on that kind of a diet. That's a super lean diet, minus the pb&j's. Also kinda dependent on how much fruit you eat. That sugar.

Time to add some yogurt, whole milk, mas protein, a quality and clean whey product, and more quality carbs. 

alright thanks, and to the eating more thing, do i have to just suck it up and shovel it down? or the more you eat do you start to get hungrier?

Decided to cut milk out of my diet. Milk is now under cheat meals for me :(
I wanna get cut as fuck this summer. I wanna have real abs for the first time in my life

I also cut out milk! After reading on it more thanks to this topic... I kinda became disgusted with it and learned some good stuff about it.
I always added milk to my shakes and what not for that extra protein but if I'm not even actually getting it I don't need it. I'll stick to my yogurts for Calcium and extra protein. Edited by Kazooka

Yay no milk crew (p.s. don't be hard on yourself if you drink it sometimes).

I've started working on my abs recently. It's kind of whatever for me though because I'm not at a low enough fat percentage for it to show like I want it to. We shall see where life takes me. 

I am feeling pretty motivated today to give myself lots of time for results though! I am in it for the long haul this time ^_^ (unless my injury comes back sigh hahaha sjgnwgnaemrg)

I've managed to cut out lattes/coffee msotly from my life ( ;_; ) as well as a lot of milk, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. (I think that's because my espresso machine at my house is broken and if I have no motive to drive somewhere, then I won't get coffee/lattes, and there isn't as much in the house lately bec I'm usually the one that goes grocery shopping so I haven't been buying it haha)

I've been cycling pretty much every day/every other day. My sister and I have been going on longer routes as well as pushing me to go faster. Weather has been crappy however, so the last few days have been mostly me sitting at home doing nothing. It's like woahhhcool to put on clothes and realize they're baggier/fit better. I'm gonna have to go shopping for some new jeans in a few weeks, haha.

Edited by Deejaye

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.