Thou Shalt Becometh Swoll...

Studied for a cumulative 25 hours in the past 2 days preparing for a neuro science final. Said tonight, "there shall be legs". Left the squat rack with ataxia, one of the neuro symptoms I've been reading about. 

a·tax·i·a
əˈtaksēə/
noun
MEDICINE

1. the loss of full control of bodily movements.

Close friend of mine just had a family friend who passed away. Massive heart attack at the age of 29.

To any lurkers on this thread, keep in mind health & fitness isn't just about gains and abs. Diet and fitness can literally save your life.

i was once going for a walk miles from anywhere in a several hundred? thousand? year old Forrest when i came upon a wolf pack. 

diet and fitness can save your life in more ways then one.

Think I hurt myself squating today.  Not anything serious, I just tweaked my left hip flexor which I pulled once in high school.  I'm recovering from a season-ending (I'm on a collegiate rowing team) back injury, so I've been doing a lot of low weight high rep deadlifts and squats to help strengthen.  

Today was a bad day.  Woke up really early and decided to get a lift in before I studied all day, and had noticeable regressions.  I'm going to chalk it all up to being dehydrated and not eating breakfast yet.  My lack of energy was so noticeable, and I think that's how I hurt myself squating.  Definitely a lesson learned.  Morning lifts used to be my bitch but I guess since I haven't done it in a while my body was not prepared.

i was once going for a walk miles from anywhere in a several hundred? thousand? year old Forrest when i came upon a wolf pack. 

diet and fitness can save your life in more ways then one.

were you that skinny that they let u go?

It is time:

Guess I'll play the same game as JJ and so I can look back at my progress as well! So, for anyone unfamiliar with it, I use the 5x5 program which pretty much uses only 5 exercises which you do in a 3 day split. Had been using it for a while but I set everything back to zero after being out of the gym for over 5 months. Lots of 5's here jeez, let's continue the trend:

ThinkNice: 5'10, 146lbs

Current stats all 5x5

SQ: 105lbs > 150lbs

DL: 120lbs > 165lbs

BP: 90lbs > 110lbs

BR: 90lbs > 110lbs

OP: 60lbs > 80lbs

Dips & Chin Ups: 5lbs kek > went back to body weight for correct form on chin ups with a dead hang

What will the next month have in store for me C:

Yeah :( That doesn't sound like a good idea. Grab an arc trainer for some cardio, not the pavement/ground. Don't get hurt (more) either way. 

Also doctors are normal people so don't be too hard on him. We all make poor health choices from time to time. We can't all be perfect!

Also... gym later. Not sure what I am going to do today. I need some new things me thinks. Sometimes I wan't to work my stomach but then that isn't very productive..... blaaaaaaaah. This is the one time I wish I had an experienced workout buddy. I guess I shall do some legs until I cannot walk. <3

>Medicine student

>Goes running on a bum ankle

Surely you should know better than to risk injury.

Yeah :( That doesn't sound like a good idea. Grab an arc trainer for some cardio, not the pavement/ground. Don't get hurt (more) either way. 

Also doctors are normal people so don't be too hard on him. We all make poor health choices from time to time. We can't all be perfect!

Also... gym later. Not sure what I am going to do today. I need some new things me thinks. Sometimes I wan't to work my stomach but then that isn't very productive..... blaaaaaaaah. This is the one time I wish I had an experienced workout buddy. I guess I shall do some legs until I cannot walk. <3

You're only young once and sometimes you just have to put your body to the test. 12k down. Felt great. Ankle was a little sketch the first couple miles, but it warmed up. Could have, should have gone a bit harder, but was still fun as all hell. 50k people in this one. 

Also Emlee, gl on them legs today!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.