Thou Shalt Becometh Swoll...

Not by any means. PTs are rather expensive actually. My input is find a gym buddy (friend, family member, coworker) and a solid online gym routine.

The buddy will keep you motivated and the routine will tell you what to do.

'Hey man can you help me with curls?'

'Sure man ehmm.. wait you don't have arms?'

'Oh ya, well just help me out'

'... wha- how?'

'You curl the weights and let me stare at you please ;-;'

Almond milk is good, but I stay away from the vanilla almond milk because the extra sugar or whatever for the vanilla flavor. I was told just to stick to regular almond milk even though I've never actually checked the vanilla almond milk labels. 2lazy. (Anyone know if it's added sugar off the top of their head?) also best friends if you get on the bodybuilding.com site theres plans from certified trainers, competition body builders to regular joes all for free and a lot even come with meal plans/ideas and etc. it's pretty cut and dry for the most part and is a good start imo.

Also dem typos. Damn mobile.

Edited by Kazooka

Almond milk is good, but I stay away from the vanilla almond milk because the extra sugar or whatever for the vanilla flavor. I was told just to stick to regular almond milk even though I've never actually checked the vanilla almond milk labels. 2lazy. (Anyone know if it's added sugar off the top of their head?) also best friends if you get on the bodybuilding.com site theres plans from certified trainers, competition body builders to regular joes all for free and a lot even come with meal plans/ideas and etc. it's pretty cut and dry for the most part and is a good start imo.

whoever told you that is a dirty damn liar!
Regular almond milk just tastes like really dense water whereas the vanilla variant tastes like the nectar of the gods

Edited by shervinz

whoever told you that is a dirty damn liar!
Regular almond milk just tastes like really dense water whereas the vanilla variant tastes like the nectar of the gods

I like regular almond and vanilla :( but once I heard there was extra stuff in it I didn't even question it and went to regular all the time. Rip
I'll look it up after work.. I'd like to go back to it.. Tasted good in smoothies :(

You can get unsweetened vanilla almond milk! It's much better for you than the normal vanilla, and I don't think it loses much in the way of taste. I mostly use almond milk for smoothies though so if you're drinking it a few times through the day it may add up though!

Fitness is life. Fitness is love. 

I hit the gym yesterday for an amazing Back and Biceps workout in the early morning. Got some much needed rest the night before so I think that helped out a bit. Got a couple hoops games tonight on my busted up ankle so let's hope things go well. 

Over and above all though it's really awesome to see the PokeMMO Community come together on something and genuinely be fruitful about it. A lot of us have had our differences in the past and sometimes things became quite vile, but here we are sharing our experiences, passing on advice, and coming together. It's sweet yo.

Ok fruity rant over. Thanks for your time. 

I do have another question for DoubleJ (or any other gym expert), are trainers free? If not, what is the minimum payment that I have to pay out to these people? Are there certain swats, push ups, weight training, etc that I need to do? I listed my calories from calorie king, do you want me to restrict certain portions for food? Are there meals that I can get that are about the cost of McDonalds? I want to be more virile and fit.

The big name gyms I've gone to offer a one-time free personal trainer session when you sign up for a membership. See if you can get that. Also, you MAY be able to haggle your way into a free personal trainer session or two since gym sales reps are always so desperate for sales.

Also, the best advice I've ever heard is "Just start working out." It doesn't matter if you've researched all the right lifts and excersizes yet.. JUST START RIGHT NOW.
If you haven't started working out yet, do this TODAY. YOU WILL NOT REGRET WORKING OUT.

1. Stretch and do 25 jumping jacks to warmup.
2. Do 50 push-ups.
3. Do 30 squats.
4. Jog a mile.

If at any point you need to rest to complete push-ups or walk to complete the mile, that is fine. Just get it done! It will feel so good to start working out even if it is a simple routine, and it will motivate you to keep working out, researching new exercises and start your journey into fitness!

If I've learned anything in life, it's that you need to get out of your comfort zone. The things you want in life come from doing things you haven't done before... things that are uncomfortable. If you could keep doing the same shit and achieve everything you wanted, you'd already have it all.

Update: Had back to back city league games last night. First game was pretty chillax with my team being fairly superior to our opponents. Despite a close score at the end I got to basically just kick back, knock in a few long bombs, and not have to fight for much. Unfortunately the second game was incredibly competitive (fun), but this proved that my ankle is still crap. Going to be rehabbing and recovering all week until our next game. Here's to improvement. 

Damn JJ, didnt even see you started this thread. I like the initiative my fellow swoldier.

Raaidn: 5'6" 150lbs

Just finished a 12week program which was sorta like this:

Cardio every day pretty much, and intervalls on legdays

Monday: Legs!

Tuesday:Core+Floorball, aka the best sport.

Wednesday: Upperbody

Thursday: Legs

Friday:Upperbody

Saturday: rest, jk Id go to the gym anyway.

Sunday: rest

Supplements: WHEY 80, Omega3, PWO(Redweiler), Fat burner(Chained nutrition), BCAA

Goals: Become ripped?

Current stats 5x5 ish:

Squat: 286lbs

Deadlift: 264lbs, max=363lbs

Bench:143lbs

Incline dumbell: 66lbs(each)

Chins: 22 lbs

Dips: 33lbs

Squat: 286lbs

Deadlift: 264lbs, max=363lbs

Bench:143lbs

Incline dumbell: 66lbs(each)

Chins: 22 lbs

Dips: 33lbs

these numbers are oddly specific

Update: Had back to back city league games last night. First game was pretty chillax with my team being fairly superior to our opponents. Despite a close score at the end I got to basically just kick back, knock in a few long bombs, and not have to fight for much. Unfortunately the second game was incredibly competitive (fun), but this proved that my ankle is still crap. Going to be rehabbing and recovering all week until our next game. Here's to improvement. 

i played like absolute trash in my league. was super exhausted and out of it going into the game and the other team was pretty athletic. still won by 17 doe, but i was garbage.

hater

Yeah i am, but they are still fairly accurate

Oh gotcha. No, in the US for weights at gyms we don't have like... single digit LBs like KGs. Everything goes by 5.

So, someone could squat 345, but we don't have single pound weights to see if they could do 347 or whatever. They'd have to go up to 350.

Oh gotcha. No, in the US for weights at gyms we don't have like... single digit LBs like KGs. Everything goes by 5.

So, someone could squat 345, but we don't have single pound weights to see if they could do 347 or whatever. They'd have to go up to 350.

Come to Europe, and I'll show u the way

[spoiler]Of the glorious metric system[/spoiler]

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.