Thou Shalt Becometh Swoll...

Ebonics for "Swollen", as in getting "swollen" or "buff" at the gym.
Yo, after a couple months at the Y, i'll be a swoll motherfucka.

143.gif arrowRight.gif 122.gif arrowRight.gif 066.gif arrowRight.gif 067.gif arrowRight.gif 068.gif

I've noticed a few posts around the PokeMMO forums from some workout nuts trying to get others interested in fitness. Well considering this I think it's time we had a workout thread. I'm not sure where this could go, but I see some serious potential.
Ideas for posting:
1. Post questions about workouts, lifts, or technique
2. Post questions about diet related to muscle building and/or fat burning
3. Share workout plans and goals
4. Log/Share your gains
5. Post for praise

Aight I'll start us off with some statistics like junk and my most recent workout plan

DoubleJ: 6'0" 175lbs

Weekly: 5x5 --> 4x8 --> 4x10 --> 3x15 (Increase weight after each cycle/month)

Monday: Chest and Triceps

Tuesday: Biceps and Back

Wednesday: Shoulders and Legs

Thursday: Basketball

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Full Body

Sunday: Some form of cardio (running vs biking vs swimming)

Strengths: Legs

Weak Areas: Core, diet

Supplements: Natural whey + daily multivitamin

Goals: Build overall body strength and develop muscle tone. Maintain health and prevent injuries related to basketball (rip my ankle and knee). I like my current weight so I guess I'm trying to find a balance between cutting down on some soft areas while building some more muscle. Maybe a solid 180lbs would be nice for me. 

I try to stick to this plan throughout the week, but recent injuries and a chaotic med school schedule play a factor. To counter the fluctuating schedule I've been trying to get into the gym at around 6am, but I'm not a morning person and this has prevented my ability to hit my usual weights for each lift. I'm not a fan of a pre-workout mix since most have artificial sugars and a lot of scary additives, so does anyone have any pro-tips for getting the most out of an early morning lift?

EDIT: Stats at 5x5 for some of the every week stuff I do. I also toss in a bunch of random lifts to mix it up with my usuals. Typically do 8 different lifts per session. Will update like Think in a month or so when I reset back to 5x5s.

Bench Press:  175 lbs

Tricep Pulldowns: 100 lbs

Barbell Curl: 70 lbs

Lat Pulldowns: 110 lbs

Squats: 265 lbs (rip, my ankle)

Deadlift: 195 lbs (rip, my ankle)

DB Military Press: 45 lbs

Edited by DoubleJ

I'm not a fan of a pre-workout mix since most have artificial sugars and a lot of scary additives, so does anyone have any pro-tips for getting the most out of an early morning lift?

I use C4 and it's quite fine for me.

If you're not going to use any preworkout and you're not a morning person, I'd suggest going to bed earlier and waking up around 15 minutes earlier than normal. It allows you extra time to fully wake up and get in the proper mindset for the gym. Regardless, preworkout is the solution I prefer.

Let me show you how a real workout plan is done.

DopestDope: 6'0" 185 lbs

Monday: Walk to class

Tuesday: Rest

Wednesday: Walk to class

Thursday: Walk to class

Friday: Walk to class

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: Rest

Strengths: Walking, playing video games

Weak Areas: everything else

Supplements: None

Goals: Get good at video games

I use C4 and it's quite fine for me.

If you're not going to use any preworkout and you're not a morning person, I'd suggest going to bed earlier and waking up around 15 minutes earlier than normal. It allows you extra time to fully wake up and get in the proper mindset for the gym. Regardless, preworkout is the solution I prefer.

I was on NO-XPLODE in the past and I really enjoyed it, unfortunately the scary additives chased me away. The sleep thing is pretty rough for me with my studies and need to play some MMO (lol), but I'm slowly trying to adjust. I think things will get better with a bit more discipline and adjustment. 

Woo! Another place to talk fitness rather than bodybuilding.com lmao.

I use C4  Blue Razz/ Fruit punch for my prework + 2g of creatine. I like C4 the most out of all the pre's I've tried..Neon was meh, MP was meh, BPI Vortex was alright. 

Aside from that I only take fishoil, my daily vitamin and I have 2 shakes a day. Favorite protein is Jym Stoppanis even though its pricey it's amazing. 

Workout wise I lifted for a year(super long ass bulk) to gain muscle before adding cardio in since I'm currently preppin for the AF. Muuurica. 

I can't bench for shit because my collarbone is weak since it's been broke so I wont post how much I'm doing on that cause it's lol worthy. I just recently upped my curl to 25 from 20 which was huge for me. 

My goal is to really just have quads that can crush the dreams of men. My inspiration is Dana Bailey, she's awesome even though I would never want to be as jacked as she is. 

I have to tweak my macros but they were 45.3%carbs, 29.7%protein and 25.0% fat. I eat a ton of eggs and chicken and I meal prep on Sunday for the most part but sticking to this is so damn hard.

Edited by Kazooka

Guess I'll play the same game as JJ and so I can look back at my progress as well! So, for anyone unfamiliar with it, I use the 5x5 program which pretty much uses only 5 exercises which you do in a 3 day split. Had been using it for a while but I set everything back to zero after being out of the gym for over 5 months. Lots of 5's here jeez, let's continue the trend:

ThinkNice: 5'10, 146lbs

Monday: Squat, Bench Press, Barbell Row, Weighted Dips (full movement till lockdown)

Tuesday: Rest

Wednesday: Squat, Overhead Press, Deadlift, Weighted Chin Ups

Thursday: Rest

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Squat, Bench Press, Barbell Row, Weighted Dips (full movement till lockdown)

Sunday: Rest

Next week starting Monday with the workout of Wednesday etc

Current stats all 5x5 (starting over is painful):

SQ: 105lbs

DL: 120lbs

BP: 90lbs

BR: 90lbs

OP: 60lbs

Dips & Chin Ups: 5lbs kek

Strengths: Back, Legs and core

Weak areas: Chest ;-;7, Tight hip flexors and hamstrings, shoulder

Supplements: Natural whey and a shitload of veggies

Goals for now: Squat (250lbs), Deadlift (280lbs), Bench (180lbs), Row (180lbs), OP (not injuring myself again, around 110lbs should be nice for now). I also want to aim for a bit more weight, around 165 or 170 lbs, lately I've been gaining so that's definitely good. I am eating a bit more fat lately but I'm keeping my lean body so it's fine.

Usually I try to get my workout out of the way first thing in the day, even before I go to school. Sometimes school is so busy I can't even go to the gym three times a week though, which is okay it just slows down my progress. I'll be checking in again next month with my new stats. After my workout I in cooperate three stretches aimed for my hamstring and hips, on the days I do chin ups I also stretch my biceps post workout.

Edited by ThinkNice

Woo! Another place to talk fitness rather than bodybuilding.com lmao.

I use C4  Blue Razz/ Fruit punch for my prework + 2g of creatine. I like C4 the most out of all the pre's I've tried..Neon was meh, MP was meh, BPI Vortex was alright. 

Aside from that I only take fishoil, my daily vitamin and I have 2 shakes a day. Favorite protein is Jym Stoppanis even though its pricey it's amazing. 

Workout wise I lifted for a year(super long ass bulk) to gain muscle before adding cardio in since I'm currently preppin for the AF. Muuurica. 

I can't bench for shit because my collarbone is weak since it's been broke so I wont post how much I'm doing on that cause it's lol worthy. I just recently upped my curl to 25 from 20 which was huge for me. 

My goal is to really just have quads that can crush the dreams of men. My inspiration is Dana Bailey, she's awesome even though I would never want to be as jacked as she is. 

I have to tweak my macros but they were 45.3%carbs, 29.7%protein and 25.0% fat. I eat a ton of eggs and chicken and I meal prep on Sunday for the most part but sticking to this is so damn hard.

I remember u being really skinny, also any chance u familiar with the legendary forum section called ´MISC´. How to discuss bodybuilding, working out without misc input pls.

I remember u being really skinny, also any chance u familiar with the legendary forum section called ´MISC´. How to discuss bodybuilding, working out without misc input pls.

Yeah i check out the misc section for laughs alot, i used to be like 110lbs which for my height is fairly..low..but  since working out i'm sitting at like 130 right now. couldnt be more happy :D

Tfw 112 and 5"1. And my weight will go down in the next month or so before going up. I can't even get a good idea of my fitness from comparing myself with you guys haha.

My workout routine is dramatically different from most of you. I aim to go to the gym 6 days a week and do 3 or 4 days cardio and 2 or 3 days everything else. I can only stay at the gym for about 30 to 45 mins. I have umm mental tendencies where I can get too "into the gym" and go for two hours a day and not eat enough so it's a big feat for me to keep it at 45 mins max and see myself gain muscle.

It's really just my goal to workout, get back to my petite and muscular bod (a good balance) and be happy. The gym reduces stress levels for me and makes me happy. So it's more than just being physically for for me!

After two years of injury/illness, I lost 8kg of muscle which I want back now.

On week 6 now I believe.

Tyrone: 5'10 and 144 lbs (1m78 65kg).

Goal: 154 lbs (70kg)

Monday: Chest (Flat Bench, Incline DB, Decline Bench, Flat flyes), Biceps (DB Curls and Straigh Bar curls) and Abs (decline sit-ups)

Tuesday: Back (Lat pulls, cable rows, Deadlift and assisted pull ups), Legs (Squats, Standing Calves, Leg Curls)

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Shoulders (Shoulder Row, Shoulder Press, DB Side Raise), Triceps (Skull crushers, Tricep Pushdown) and Abs (Torso rotation machine, side to side sit-ups and Leg Raises).

Rest of the week: Rest

A workout generally takes 75 minutes, after which I immediately take a sauna session of 2x 15 minutes.

(I really recommend sauna after working out, it's the best feeling ever and reduces muscle soreness etc.

Gotta stay hydrated during the workout and sauna though, so I always bring a big bottle of 1.5l water to the gym and it's empty when I get home 2.5h later.

Haven't gained anything other than strength yet, because my diet doesn't consist of enough proteins and calories.

Should get a water based proteine shake to drink in between sauna session right after the work out.

Edited by LeTyrone

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.