[Denied]Nuzlocke Channel

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/52680-changelog-01042015/#entry1026941

so the prank update actually made me think about having a channel with permadeath

how many would be interested in a channel where each time a pkmn faints it "dies" ?

just wonder how pvp would need to be managed if a server like that existed

edit. changed the title from "server" to "channel", since as pointed out below a whole server would be to much to manage and would just split the player base

Edited by zean

just wonder how pvp would need to be managed if a server like that existed

You could have an option of Nuzlocke Rules or Non Nuzlocke when beginning the PVP battle that both players must agree upon.

Loser loses his whole team. Winner should be able to keep both teams. Pokemon Pink Slip Battles.

You could have an option of Nuzlocke Rules or Non Nuzlocke when beginning the PVP battle that both players must agree upon.

Loser loses his whole team. Winner should be able to keep both teams. Pokemon Pink Slip Battles.

maybe not always whole team but a choice of how many pokemon would be lost (and settings for if the winner can choose which pokemon to take, etc.)

i read somewhere that they don't want to split the playerbase up by creating a second server

That was when people were talking about a server wipe and creating a new server while keeping the old server was under consideration by some individuals.

imo, this kind of idea wouldn't have to have its own server. It could just be a unique kind of character (like RS's Ironman accounts).

Just play a Nuzlocke run on the normal servers.
All you need is to be a man/woman and not cheat.

for a normal solo run why bother to even play on pokemmo? an emulator or the solid gameboy/DS would be enouth if one wanted to play alone
here i'm talking about a multiplayer nuzlocke, not an alone one

yup, agree a whole server may needlessy split more the playerbase,
maybe just a special ruleset character(set during character creation) as suggested above and a dedicated channel for those? (it would be unfair to have someone jump between modes)

i don't get why people love nuzlockes runs... they aren't hard, just grindfests

it's not about being competitive or successful, it's about the experience and the increased immersion it gives

Edited by zean