[Denied] Friend safari's = secret bases

I think it would be cool to buy patches of grass as a secret base decoration. When you place it in your secret base friends/teammates can encounter 1-3 random Pokemon in your base.

These Pokemon will have at least two 31 IV's (just like in x/y friend safaris). This eliminates a small amount of the grind/luck involved with hunting wilds.

Pros:
- Promotes social aspect of the game by trying to get a lot of friends for more safaris (access to more bases)
- Secret bases will have a purpose outside of being aesthetic
- Less grind with new breeding

Cons:
- People with rare Pokemon in their safaris may sell access to it which is unfair if someone gets a pidgey safari
-- solution: Pokemon in Safari switch monthly/weekly

- promotes Alt runs for more safaris
-- solution: all characters on an account have the same Pokemon. Same goes for other accounts on the same IP. Changing ips/accounts could be a problem though

- Pokemon holding items (mostly shards, chanseys, etc)

-- solution: they cant hold items

Opinions?

Edited by Shaniqualela

I am completely against the Safari due to its lack of challenging others. PokeMMO needs to be challenging, not simple farming or comps can have a possibility to flood the market which over time, can make a comp lose its value. The game tells us to make comps on our own and not relay on the market to make them.

I am completely against the Safari due to its lack of challenging others. PokeMMO needs to be challenging, not simple farming or comps can have a possibility to flood the market which over time, can make a comp lose its value. The game tells us to make comps on our own and not relay on the market to make them.

This wouldn't necessarily make you catch comps, it would help you catch breeders (with a lot less luck/grinding, depending on how much they improve the IV's), to breed comps. 

This wouldn't necessarily make you catch comps, it would help you catch breeders (with a lot less luck/grinding, depending on how much they improve the IV's), to breed comps. 

I am opposed to grind, but a little work is okay. Grind is a balancing act, the community wants little grind and the staff want a lot of grind. I am right down the middle disagreeing with almost everybody on this specific issue. Wild pokes should be hard to find, but not to have to spend a couple of days just searching for that one cubone to breed (what happens if you are trying to breed Relicanth, your in for a couple of days on that one unless you bump into 2 or 3 of them). I am disagreeing with every major side on this prospective.

If we wanted players to have immediate access to species with 31 IVs we would just change those found in the wild -  and the truth is, we don't; the current rendition and access to competitive species seems to be fairly balanced from what we can observe.

Thank you for the suggestion however.