OT Acceptance

ThinkNice

So I've been thinking lately, OT can be pretty much like the MISC of bodybuilding.com. It can be very hostile, unforgiving and selective of the people it lets 'in'. We've seen people becoming regular OT'ers and being accepted by the OT community, which has honestly become a separate community of its own on these forums. Most of us know each other very well and its a small but fun community to be in.

Although not everyone is blessed (cough) by being 'accepted' into the community. We see gif-spewers, for example, be looked down upon countless of times. Responses can be pretty toxic and scare most members away pretty effectively. Although, one might wonder. Maybe if we tried to be more sensitive that particular member could've been a very nice addition to the 'family'.

didnt we try that once?

What makes you hostile towards some people entering OT? What makes you accept them and what makes you want to push them off a cliff by throwing a DnD handbook at their (probably ugly, right) face. What is your view on how this goes in OT? Do you think we should be more open to newcomers or resume the way we have been? What do you think is an effective way of becoming an accepted OT Premium Member?

i see it like hazzing. we throw shit at you and the good people stay. i do something similar irl. i look VERY scary and never approach anyone. people overcome there fear and talk to me or they dont. 

Well the most important question is:

-Must be Premium Gold Member to view this part of the Opening Post-

+1

Just curious C:

eh i guess we should let more people "in" but im kinda anti social. 

Best way to get accepted in OT is to not care at all about being accepted.
Im a mod, I won't get accepted in here because od that and I don't care.
[Spoiler] Ironically that should make me accepted [/spoiler]

it'd be easier to accept you if you weren't still sporting a santa hat in march

get with the trends, nerd

Srs post:

I am happy to be more welcoming to new/different people. I had a bit of a difficult time with this at one point but that's behind me. I understand frustration when people join OT and act "out of place" but diversity is fun and I want to embrace it. Maybe you like making fun of people who are different (than the others here) but maybe we can do it in a more welcoming and inviting way. For example people call me sassy and I've embraced it as endearing to be called that now, if we are want to tease and such let's make sure we're not hurting people first. If someone is truly bothering you it's best to take some time off and gather your thoughts and try your hardest not to let them bother you. I've been guilty of this in the past but as some who is truly accepting of everyone in person I want that to show when I am online as well. It's easy to fall into group think but maybe we can have a more positive group think.

No one has to like everyone, but we can be respectful and maybe have less warning points delivered. I don't want to see anyone else leave the forum, especially when a lot of us have found our way back here <3

I agree i love welcoming new/different people ik some people have difficult time heck i do sometimes but i still try to welcome them and a inviting way :)

Edited by KingRechey

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.