Oak Battle

Crableth

Question

well, another way to train your pokes or just another fun battle to do and the ultimate test to become a pokemon master, after you beat all you have to do in the game, you would talk to prof. Oak and have the ultimate test, using the base of the unused prof oak battle, prof Oak would have the  not choose pokemon, tauros, exeggcutor, arcanine, gyarados. All around lvl 60 -70... and after you win, you are able to buy the 2nd generation starters... any idea of how to complement is welcome...

4 answers to this question

Since Professor Oak is famous for giving out Starters (and the occasional Pikachu) why not let him have Venusaur, Blastoise and Charizard? Potentially a Raichu in there. The rest can be whatever. Also, I think increasing the levels to be 90-100 would be more suited as an "ultimate" test. Other than being for fun, or obtaining Johto Starters, I don't really see much more use from the suggestion. Probably would be Low-Priority.

Pretty sure it's been stated numerous times that the starters will be saved for the respective regions they belong to. The reason being is that it still gives you something to look forward to with that region.

Other than that this does sound like it'd be an awesome addition, but I don't think the base for this battle exists in fire red version. It was only accessible through a glitch in gen 1.