Opinions on new breeding?

Shaniqualela

267 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about new breeding

• I like it
    • I don't like it
    • Not sure

If all pokemon had confirmed ivs without leveling them up to who knows how high, then I'd absolutely have no problem with this breeding system. Besides maybe adding buyable everstones like someone else suggested. I don't even know where to "grind" them in the first place, if someone could tell me that would be gr8 m8

I like it, it's true that the grinding is a little too much but that can be fixed, the only problem I see is the genderless pokemon, It's really hard to breed those, dittos need to be captured with ultra balls which are expensive and most of them are useless so with genderless pokemon becomes a really problem but besides that I like the control I have over my babies, I've been breeding 4x31, 5x31 with egg moves and I've loved it although it's true it takes days

Let ditto transorm into a splashing magikarp before you false swipe and spore it. This way you can catch it easily with normal or great balls, Makes ditto hunting rather easy (:

Personally, I do like the concept behind breeding. But grinding for all the breeders and having to confirm IVs is just.. fuck me. It's so time consuming to hunt for a poke.. confirm IV, and if it's garbage you gotta restart. It takes too long and rip $$$

Let ditto transorm into a splashing magikarp before you false swipe and spore it. This way you can catch it easily with normal or great balls, Makes ditto hunting rather easy (:

Ditto retains the catch rate of ditto, unless you are saying letting them transform into magikarp makes them easier in the sense it won't be able to attack you while you waste weaker balls on it.

Ditto retains the catch rate of ditto, unless you are saying letting them transform into magikarp makes them easier in the sense it won't be able to attack you while you waste weaker balls on it.

Yeah, ofc, you can't alter the catch rate of any poke (: only by throwing rocks in SZ i guess? I just felt I had to say something, when Arimanius explained how he was wasting ultra balls.

I like it because you can guarentee exactly what you want (if you have the money). However like you said, it is very unforgiving, and breeding genderless pokemon is next to impossible. Having to level up to confirm the IV sucks bigtime aswell.

Edited by AmeliaWho

I like it because you can guarentee exactly what you want (if you have the money). However like you said, it is very unforgiving, and breeding genderless pokemon is next to impossible. Having to level up to confirm the IV sucks bigtime aswell.

This^

Of course the system needs an improvement with the genderless poke (It can wait)and the ivs (THIS CAN'T, IT HAS TO BE, YES OR YES!!) but I think we're in the right path to have a really good system, It's way better than before to the economy but changes have to be made to guarantee that

This^

Of course the system needs an improvement with the genderless poke (It can wait)and the ivs (THIS CAN'T, IT HAS TO BE, YES OR YES!!) but I think we're in the right path to have a really good system, It's way better than before to the economy but changes have to be made to guarantee that

I heard the economy was bad now? Idrk bc i have been rip for a while but that is what i heard.

I heard the economy was bad now? Idrk bc i have been rip for a while but that is what i heard.

It's kind of bad but because of the things I said before, It's not a bad system but too time consuming (because of the unconfirmed ivs) and that's one of the reason why people don't want to breed.

You hunt a lot of pokes with "apparently" 31 in a stat, then u start to confirm them and let's say u catch 50 pokes from the egg group u need and u spent hours confirming. You will end up with like 7-10 pokes with 31 in a stat and not all of them are useful for what u need in that precise moment

And if u repeat and repeat that u get kind of tired :/

I've been breeding a lot but I wont deny that part of the breeding is really frustrating, they change that and things will get better for sure Edited by Arimanius

It's kind of bad but because of the things I said before, It's not a bad system but too time consuming (because of the unconfirmed ivs) and that's one of the reason why people don't want to breed.

You hunt a lot of pokes with "apparently" 31 in a stat, then u start to confirm them and let's say u catch 50 pokes from the egg group u need and u spent hours confirming. You will end up with like 7-10 pokes with 31 in a stat and not all of them are useful for what u need in that precise moment

And if u repeat and repeat that u get kind of tired :/

I've been breeding a lot but I wont deny that part of the breeding is really frustrating, they change that and things will get better for sure

Are People ONLY going for 31s?

Are People ONLY going for 31s?

Well I am, don't know other people, you see, for me it's "easier" to go for 31 because I don't need to go hunt for pokemon with good overall stats to reach something like 25+/25+/25+/25+/25+/31 which is actually a harder task, at least for me or maybe I'm just unlucky, but when I go for 31 I can breed a pokemon 4x31 or 5x31 with egg moves and everything in four, five days without spending too much because I payday with npcs, that's better for me but the part when I have to hunt for pokemons and confirm ivs it's awful

2l9hxed.png

sometimes you just have to get lucky though.

was bred by breeding:

Adamant Beldum (everstone):

31/28/25/x/20/10

with a:

Ditto (speed brace):

31/30/13/9/31/25

got lucky on both defense and special defense.

2l9hxed.png

sometimes you just have to get lucky though.

was bred by breeding:

Adamant Beldum (everstone):
31/28/25/x/20/10

with a:

Ditto (speed brace):
31/30/13/9/31/25

got lucky on both defense and special defense.

I know, I saw the post in competition valley and yeah that's really lucky and really good but that's a different matter because with genderless poke with the mechanics we have right now it will ALWAYS be luck (MY opinion ofc)

I feel like the system can be improved a lot, and it'll be better. But some things I don't see changing that really bother me:
- people only breed for themselves which means RIP economy
- no feeling of progress (maybe it's just me). I think there should be some way to make multiples of a certain species without starting all over, without effecting the entire egg group. Probably impossible though

I feel like the system can be improved a lot, and it'll be better. But some things I don't see changing that really bother me:
- people only breed for themselves which means RIP economy
- no feeling of progress (maybe it's just me). I think there should be some way to make multiples of a certain species without starting all over, without effecting the entire egg group. Probably impossible though

Imo people will start breeding for profit when it becomes less time consuming. I thought about starting a breeding service but i couldnt imagine narrowing all of those ivs so i put the project on hold for a while. Also right now the only way to sell things are by spamming trade chat or forums. Which REALLY hurt imo.

Tell you what, in one of my segments, I could endorse the guide. (added to favourites)

haha, if you want to.

I plan on making a video for my guide in the near future anyways though (narrated by yours truly; everyone will finally be able to hear my angelic voice).

haha, if you want to.

I plan on making a video for my guide in the near future anyways though (narrated by yours truly; everyone will finally be able to hear my angelic voice).

How about this, I could have you on my airwaves and you could talk about it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.