Opinions on new breeding?

Shaniqualela

267 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about new breeding

• I like it
    • I don't like it
    • Not sure

New breeding is just perfect for many reasons.

What isn't perfect is the execution. It is too damn expensive, they need to decrease braces price to 5k. Narrowed IVs are going to show everyone how good this new breeding is. People back in the day wanted CatchMMO back, now we have a good mix and I like it, fits an MMO perfectly and I think won't ever be changed again hopefully.

New breeding is just perfect for many reasons.
What isn't perfect is the execution. It is too damn expensive, they need to decrease braces price to 5k. Narrowed IVs are going to show everyone how good this new breeding is. People back in the day wanted CatchMMO back, now we have a good mix and I like it, fits an MMO perfectly and I think won't ever be changed again hopefully.

Good to see someone with common sense these days

Oh I know you're one of those, but I mean people who often don't speak in these threads xD

I could count those ppl who have "common sense" to you now and those who have "non-sense" will still out-vote you :P

I could count those ppl who have "common sense" to you now and those who have "non-sense" will still out-vote you :P

Even if the poll were redone, you have to look at this from a purely unbiased perspective.  When you ask this question "What system do you prefer?" you're asking this:
Do you prefer the more difficult but more economical solution?  Do you prefer the system that allows you to mass breed Pokemon for little to no cost, or do you prefer the system that makes you invest some currency and items into your Pokemon?
That being said asking this question will never result in an unbiased answer.  The fact is most people are going to choose what benefits them most, and that would be easily and cheaply made comps. 
It's not a matter of "What is the best system" it's "What system benefits me the most?" that's being asked here.

my opinion

get rid of breed, get legendary dungeons, have drops in dungeons that can give items to increase and iv by 1-3 point or decrease iv by 1-3 point (as in +1&2&3 and -1&-2&-3 not randomly). have a tutor for egg moves or get them through bp which MUST be less of a time grind.

then you have mechanics where players can go out and catch mmo then grind the dungeons with friends to get items to change iv's to make those wild pokes comp. lower tier dungeons give lower teir stuff higher teir dungeons higher teir stuff ect... you can use the specific iv changing items to get specific hp without this breeding system thats not guaranteed and time consuming/costly, but there is still a grind and level of difficulty thats fun and promotes mmo team work instead of meaningless grind by yourself. 

in all honesty, the staff here will probably not do this and one of the other mom's popping up will and then this game will die.

but i hope beyond reason you guys get your shit together first. 

Edited by fredrichnietze

my opinion
get rid of breed, get legendary dungeons, have drops in dungeons that can give items to increase and iv by 1-3 point or decrease iv by 1-3 point (as in +1&2&3 and -1&-2&-3 not randomly). have a tutor for egg moves or get them through bp which MUST be less of a time grind.

then you have mechanics where players can go out and catch mmo then grind the dungeons with friends to get items to change iv's to make those wild pokes comp. lower tier dungeons give lower teir stuff higher teir dungeons higher teir stuff ect... you can use the specific iv changing items to get specific hp without this breeding system thats not guaranteed and time consuming/costly, but there is still a grind and level of difficulty thats fun and promotes mmo team work instead of meaningless grind by yourself.

in all honesty, the staff here will probably not do this and one of the other mom's popping up will and then this game will die.

but i hope beyond reason you guys get your shit together first.

I honestly think this would be much more fun then any breeding. Edited by Rabanne

my opinion

this would also require a server wipe without a doubt, would be a disaster without. Sounds cool and all but i really doubt it will happen, since its not even close to the original games.

this would also require a server wipe without a doubt, would be a disaster without. Sounds cool and all but i really doubt it will happen, since its not even close to the original games.

nah cause you can grind the iv changing items in a dungeons and still end with 6x31 or perfect hp whatever. it's easier to start with something already good, but this'll work on 6x0's with the right nature and time. 

i have one question before i can formulate an educated decision on my feelings on this system. Could you breed gift pokemon before because i have wasted literal days of my life taking an alt all the way from pallet town to mawvile city just because i promised a friend i would breed him  tyrouge and i didnt want to do it on my main since we're doing this run together only to be told that i can't trade away my useless unwanted hitmon to the daycare breeder to get tyrouge. this also makes filling out the pokedex 100% impossible if you can't get a friggin tyrouge. so if you could breed hitmon before this breeding change then this breeding update is the literal wrst thing they've ever done and it must be done away with. this wouldn't be a problem if we could trade hitmonchan.... i just wanted to give my friend a hitmonchan for his fighting mono team. T-T

his also makes filling out the pokedex 100% impossible if you can't get a friggin tyrouge. so if you could breed hitmon before this breeding change then this breeding update is the literal wrst thing they've ever done and it must be done away with. this wouldn't be a problem if we could trade hitmonchan.... i just wanted to give my friend a hitmonchan for his fighting mono team. T-T

It can be found in the wild in Route 112, Jagged Pass and Fiery Path.

The Gift ribbon is only attached to those given you for free throughout the storyline.

I hope this helps.

It can be found in the wild in Route 112, Jagged Pass and Fiery Path.

The Gift ribbon is only attached to those given you for free throughout the storyline.

I hope this helps.

well it means starting in kanto was a waste of time for me, but at least it's something. thank you for your help.

well it means starting in kanto was a waste of time for me, but at least it's something. thank you for your help.

You may also be able to find one on trade chat that you could collect whilst in your current region.

And you're welcome.

My opinion is there is a certain lack of 1x31 plants in the wild and i'm trying to make a 5x31 so venus so the implementation of an easier way to get 1x31 grass breeders is definitely a must or else i can't venus.

There's also a tremendous lack of people selling 1x31 grass breeders which makes venusaur ( a top threat in ou) a difficult poke to breed.

Also there are a lot of players (at least 1) who won't play any official until they'll manage to breed a 5x31 venusaur using 1x31 grass breeders, which is a pain; this has a terrible impact on the competitive scene, cuz i can't join any tournament.

This is the main flaw of this new system.

Edited by Vaeldras

My opinion is there is a certain lack of 1x31 plants in the wild and i'm trying to make a 5x31 so venus so the implementation of an easier way to get 1x31 grass breeders is definitely a must or else i can't venus.

There's also a tremendous lack of people selling 1x31 grass breeders which makes venusaur ( a top threat in ou) a difficult poke to breed.

Also there are a lot of players (at least 1) who won't play any official until they'll manage to breed a 5x31 venusaur using 1x31 grass breeders, which is a pain; this has a terrible impact on the competitive scene, cuz i can't join any tournament.

WTT 1X31 grass breeders LF shinies, overpay, comps. No negotiation.

Paras and hoppip are awesome spots if only we would have confirmed ivs, but it seems like this is gonna take a really long time to get, much more than I previously imagined

They are prolly working on something else to add. Fingers crossed for trading hub.

pfft, a trading hub will take them at least 2 years to code properly...

[spoiler]
Please take this and prove me wrong devs. You could even write in the changelog "suck it Gilan".
[/spoiler]

Paras and hoppip are awesome spots if only we would have confirmed ivs, but it seems like this is gonna take a really long time to get, much more than I previously imagined

ikr, confirmed ivs is really all we need imo.

Catching pokes doesn't take much, confirming is the tedious and long part.

Even now i'm tot ok when i can buy a 1x31 for 20-5k, the problem is when you can't find anyone

Edit:

Even when using 1-3 ev seekers the time you spend constantly checking your tabs or canceling new moves will make your npc runs last like 3 times as much.

That's how time consuming it is.

a 1x31 can even take me 100k worth of time sometimes.

Edited by Vaeldras

ikr, confirmed ivs is really all we need imo.

Catching pokes doesn't take much, confirming is the tedious and long part.

Even now i'm tot ok when i can buy a 1x31 for 20-5k, the problem is when you can't find anyone

Edit:

Even when using 1-3 ev seekers the time you spend constantly checking your tabs or canceling new moves will make your npc runs last like 3 times as much.

That's how time consuming it is.

a 1x31 can even take me 100k worth of time sometimes.

Exactly, there are groups that u can find high lvl poke with high appearance ratio that it takes less time to confirm but still you need time to do it and it is awful when you're looking for 31 or 28+ and after confirming you realize it is 30 or 25- so it was for nothing but it is even worse when u have to go hunt for grass or monster, those bastards are like lvl 10 in the best spots so it just sucks

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.