Opinions on new breeding?

Shaniqualela

267 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about new breeding

• I like it
    • I don't like it
    • Not sure

However, despite that, I do not support your suggestion, because it would be counterproductive for the development team. They just got done justifying the killing of the two parents due to not wanting cloning of pokemon, and this would allow cloning (albeit nerfed) to happen again. And I agree with cody, at that point it would just be better to go out and catch pokemon...

I'm not sure I agree with you, again as you addmiteed it would be a NERFED breeding system, so again what is the problem with giving people higher end RNG? If your parents count for 50% total of the IV's instead of passing them on, then you would ALWAYS have RNG stats, even if they're a bit higher from good breeders they would again never be perfect 31s since if your RNG with perfect 31 breeders are only 50% you would have a rng between 16-31 with a perfect breeding poke.

Thats without mentioning things like egg moves you may want too, cuz you know that is a thing people breed for but in order to do that they need to kill at least two of their pokes now, maybe they care about that poke and don't want to kill it so they can have another with an egg move. Theres lots of situations to look at here that are NOT people meta gaming for 31 iv pokes and THAT is the people I'm trying to speak up for now, since we BOTH know the curent system is great for perfect 31 iv pokes, no one is arguing that, what I'm saying here is that for *everyone else* there needs to be a casual system that alows us to breed without both killing our pokes or spending that much to simply breed.

Hell you could even make it combined IV between the two parents... if you have one 31 and the other is say 17 iv the two of them combined would be 48/62 and if you combined the parents iv reduction it would be 25% of the total value combined, so 48/62 would be 12-32 RNG from those two parents, where as two perfect 31 IV pokes would give you 62/62 and 25% of that would give you 16-32 rng for two perfect 31 iv pokes. So even with perfect pokes your still not getting perfect back, its heavly dependant on your RNG for at least 50% of your IV's even if you have two perfect 6x31 pokes you would STILL be effected by RNG and would not get a perfect poke and its doubtful you would get many 31s if any.

I mean look at the poll of this.... I get it, you and some other people love the meta gaming to get the perfect 31 pokes, but its VERY obvious by reading this thread and looking at the poll that this is NOT a choice everyone is happy with. So I doubt GREATLY that it would have a negative outcome to *ALSO* add this system since again theres no downfall, your not giving them a system they can abuse for comp grade 31 strong pokes without using the system that kills your parents, this would be for casual people or people who want to try their RNG luck and NOT for the meta gamers, altho the old system would still be there for them, so it would effect them in no way what so ever since they can still make perfect 6x31s if they want, while the rest of us are not forced into the same grinding and money game to get what we want, a imperfect child based off RNG instead of perfect stats, but without killing our parents.

Edited by greenspade

I've been waiting so many months to come back to Pokemmo, but breeding was my passion and it's never coming back.

The fusion system wasn't fun- the breeding system was. The only real problem with pokemon properly *reproducing* (aka breeding), was the inflation and it could have been remedied in a much more simple way, (I believe there have been some good suggestions on this thread in amongst many terrible ones.)

I did notice a point by the mods that bugged me a little. Just them saying that the fusion system makes 31's harder to acquire, (while also stating that they don't play the game much these days.) This is false. The fusion system makes getting 6x31s mechanical and expensive, but definitely not difficult. Spending hours grinding pokeyen for brace/gender/stock money is not difficult or fun. Spending hours catching pokes for the fusion sacrifice gets old very fast, though I have to admit it's more fun than the pokeyen grind, (which you will still have to do). Confirming the IV's is boring as hell and sure it will be removed, but it won't make this entire process any less monotonous as you cram 2 and 2 together in a brace managing blur until you end up with the exact result you knew you would get from the start.

I think I said this exact thing a few months ago, but in the randomness of the breeding system I would see a 6x31 and be impressed. Sometimes I would even whisper the person and be like "Great job!" or "He's beautiful :.)"

With the fusion system 6x31s are commonplace. All you need is pokeyen. If you have some good breeding stock to start with then it's a sure thing. I made a 6x31 with fairly little effort and I can honestly say it was the exact opposite feeling of when you hatch a 4-5x31 under the old breeding system. When that happened with the breeding system it was like rolling a 'pokeyahtzee'. When you get your 6x31 under the fusion system it's like rolling that same pokeyahtzee with loaded dice that you've been bore-grinding to load for hours to days.

Anyhow, I've had my rant. I hope breeding comes back in some form in the future and goodbye again till then. Mods you can hold back your "It's never coming back and No fun allowed!" comments, because we know. For the love of god, we know.

I've been waiting so many months to come back to Pokemmo, but breeding was my passion and it's never coming back.

The fusion system wasn't fun- the breeding system was. The only real problem with pokemon properly *reproducing* (aka breeding), was the inflation and it could have been remedied in a much more simple way, (I believe there have been some good suggestions on this thread in amongst many terrible ones.)

I did notice a point by the mods that bugged me a little. Just them saying that the fusion system makes 31's harder to acquire, (while also stating that they don't play the game much these days.) This is false. The fusion system makes getting 6x31s mechanical and expensive, but definitely not difficult. Spending hours grinding pokeyen for brace/gender/stock money is not difficult or fun. Spending hours catching pokes for the fusion sacrifice gets old very fast, though I have to admit it's more fun than the pokeyen grind, (which you will still have to do). Confirming the IV's is boring as hell and sure it will be removed, but it won't make this entire process any less monotonous as you cram 2 and 2 together in a brace managing blur until you end up with the exact result you knew you would get from the start.

I think I said this exact thing a few months ago, but in the randomness of the breeding system I would see a 6x31 and be impressed. Sometimes I would even whisper the person and be like "Great job!" or "He's beautiful :.)"

With the fusion system 6x31s are commonplace. All you need is pokeyen. If you have some good breeding stock to start with then it's a sure thing. I made a 6x31 with fairly little effort and I can honestly say it was the exact opposite feeling of when you hatch a 4-5x31 under the old breeding system. When that happened with the breeding system it was like rolling a 'pokeyahtzee'. When you get your 6x31 under the fusion system it's like rolling that same pokeyahtzee with loaded dice that you've been bore-grinding to load for hours to days.

Anyhow, I've had my rant. I hope breeding comes back in some form in the future and goodbye again till then. Mods you can hold back your "It's never coming back and No fun allowed!" comments, because we know. For the love of god, we know.

I fully agree, its not fun and theres no gamble involved, its just a endless grind to produce exactly what you want via mechanical means, you know when you use a brace it will 100% pass over the stat so its just a matter of time and money to get a perfect poke.. your totally right I see 6x31s all the time now and I don't feel the need to congratulate the person who did it since there was no luck or skill involved, just loaded dice that they spent alot of time loading.

I'd rather play with RNG dice fairly without losing my pokes and I'm obviously not the only one. This game should be about fun, so why was the fun option removed instead of nerfed or edited? I think leaving us with a option that is purely grind based without fun in mind is kind of counter productive to anyone who plays the game for fun or casually, this only helps out people who are meta gaming.

Edited by greenspade

yawn why is this thread even still open, for months now the same things happen over and over again. somebody comes here to complain, people argue against it without ppl ever agreeing with each other. then the thread is dead for a month and the same happens again, exactly the same argument takes place.

both breeding process had their up and downs, the old one with inflation of comps and no active gameplay required (always laughing when people called themself "breeders" in the old system, damn you borrowed 2 breeders from a friend and waited for eggs to hatch the whole day , u really made it bro) and the new system with the high amount of grinding.

i still prefer the new system with some adjustments tho

however the devs stated multiple times that this is (with some future adjustments) the final form of breeding that we will probably keep

Edited by Quakkz

Well it depends on how effecient sync is going to be. Idr the % thats going to be inplemented but being able to get prper nature catches easier is going to be a huge leg up imo. Could be a good thing, as long as it isnt horribly broken like the old breeding system was.

Well it depends on how effecient sync is going to be. Idr the % thats going to be inplemented but being able to get prper nature catches easier is going to be a huge leg up imo. Could be a good thing, as long as it isnt horribly broken like the old breeding system was.

think the main benefit is that u have an easier time catching for example adamant dittos etc for genderless breeding. probably wont use sync for breeding normal comps

Edited by Quakkz

it is 10% or at least that was the % in the pts, I don't think that's too much

think the main benefit is that u have an easier time catching for example adamant dittos etc for genderless breeding. probably wont use sync for breeding normal comps

oh im gonna use the shit out of it for normal breeding. Never again will i have to hunt for a damn adamant bug to bree heracross. That shit took FOREVER. 1/17 chan chance my ass.

6a2ef4dda89d213e807ee1597980d1d2.png

Gotta say I still find this baffling

To be fair, the breeding itself isnt that bad. The entire grind around it makes it the mess it is now.

Codylramey

oh im gonna use the shit out of it for normal breeding. Never again will i have to hunt for a damn adamant bug to bree heracross. That shit took FOREVER. 1/25 chan chance my ass.

1/25, not 1/17, there 25 natures

Edited by Appelsap

To be fair, the breeding itself isnt that bad. The entire grind around it makes it the mess it is now.

Codylramey

oh im gonna use the shit out of it for normal breeding. Never again will i have to hunt for a damn adamant bug to bree heracross. That shit took FOREVER. 1/25 chan chance my ass.

1/25, not 1/17, there 25 natures

rip me

To be blunt: The poll is not all that helpful.

It's nice to be able to see the amount of players who prefer each system, but on a fundamental level you're asking whether they prefer a quicker and more reliable system with a cost or a system where they lose nothing and once they're at the 'high end' they have an infinite number of chances to create something good and are able to keep or sell the leftovers (even after they have obtained what they want). 

People don't like having their things taken away, this much is obvious and the poll results are as to be expected.

It's a shame that it took some time to piece together a working breeding within an MMO environment, but I think that had we gone with the current system from the beginning it would have been received even more positively.

With the eventual introduction of things such as confirmed IVs and a Global Trading HUB the amount of trades should pick up and we should see more interaction among players looking to receive and sell goods.

I'm rather excited for the future of the game; it's taken some time but I think we've created a rather good platform to build from.

"Fun? You are having fun. Math is fun and averages are fun. Unthinking, button mashing grind is fun. I think we've really made a 'fun' game and it's your fault if you and everyone you played with don't enjoy it anymore"

Sadly, this time it's official. I have had a really good time in Pokemmo in the past and I will always cherish the memory of those I played with; Serena, Tats, Rip, Flann, Mina, Indigo and all the rest, (sorry guys, don't feel like making a giant namelist.) This game brought me a lot of joy for several years of my life and I regret nothing. I will not be seeing you in the future of pokemmo, I'm done and I wish you all the best o/

I will not be seeing you in the future of pokemmo, I'm done and I wish you all the best o/

sad to see you leave, cya in 2 weeks o/

PS- consult gilan on quitting, he is an experienced one. 

P.P.S- IGN: mutrumbao  for giveaway(comps only)

I just like chilling on this game im not looking to go all out serious and throw away 2 pokemon everytime I want to breed.

300 Gameplay hours and I'm sad to be leaving for something that didnt need changing.

Edited by frogbussoms

I just like chilling on this game im not looking to go all out serious and throw away 2 pokemon everytime I want to breed.

300 Gameplay hours and I'm sad to be leaving for something that didnt need changing.

It needed changes to prevent a broken economy in which everyone had every competitive pokemon after 10 attempts each.

Why would you even want to endlessly clone pokemon when everything can be found in the wild?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.