Opinions on new breeding?

Shaniqualela

267 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about new breeding

• I like it
    • I don't like it
    • Not sure

And would you say that this grinding was a fun and important part of gameplay? Just because most MMO's are grind-heavy doesn't mean this one should be.

Furthermore, it's not just two weeks of grinding to get to the endgame, the grind becomes PART of the endgame as you refine your competitive team and strategies. Want to try something new? pay up around 1,000,000 pokedollars and two days for a new competitive poke.

Eevee is not caught in the wild, but found in a building in saffron city. To rephrase...

Unless a species is only obtainable once during normal gameplay, like a legendary, it won't be rare. Every player who wants one that's competitively viable will have one, eventually. Species rarity is moot.

Also, since this is an RPG, it's not only the mechanics that matter. From an in-character perspective, it's absolutely horrifying that hundreds of pokemon must die in order to fuel your competitive battling, especially since pokemon are semi-intelligent.

Eevee is not caught in the wild, but found in a building in saffron city. To rephrase...
Unless a species is only obtainable once during normal gameplay, like a legendary, it won't be rare. Every player who wants one that's competitively viable will have one, eventually. Species rarity is moot.

Please become familiar with the game before critiquing it. Eevee can be found in the wild, and the eevee you get in the building is untradeable and unbreedable.

And would you say that this grinding was a fun and important part of gameplay? Just because most MMO's are grind-heavy doesn't mean this one should be.

Furthermore, it's not just two weeks of grinding to get to the endgame, the grind becomes PART of the endgame as you refine your competitive team and strategies. Want to try something new? pay up around 1,000,000 pokedollars and two days for a new competitive poke.

Also, since this is an RPG, it's not only the mechanics that matter. From an in-character perspective, it's absolutely horrifying that hundreds of pokemon must die in order to fuel your competitive battling, especially since pokemon are semi-intelligent.

But it is significantly harder to breed lets say a metagross and starmie with 31 speed thus raising its value. Thats what they mean by speicies rarity. They dont actually want people to not have any poke available to them at any time, they just want some pokes to be more valueable than others.

Hello again everybody  :)

I left this game a while ago as well as the forum in hopes of that when i come back you all would have realized what was my/our (breeders)  point of view and how we felt and why we felt that way about the new breeding system, but i guess i was wrong cuz there still the same opinion on how the new system rocks and the old system sucks even with the economy is ripped more than ever and the breeding centers are almost deserted.

don't get me wrong the most of the new system really rocks over the old one because we have a better control on the outcome better than ever

i personally never got 6x31 or even 5x31 breeder before but now i do.

the thing is the two parents thing is really to much for me/us to take or let go .. the overall process is not worth it at all.

i get it that almost all of you (comp players and etc.. ) don't really care about breeding itself you all look for the final result which is a good comp pokemon to battle/brag with. so this whole process is really just a refinement to you. you don't care how its done but rather it can be done. that's your opinion and we should all respect that, but you also should have respected that there are breeders out there who would rather like a breeding process over a refinement process, you should have respected that is a pokemon game not a gear game like WoW or rune escape or Metal Gear soldier or what so ever you got the idea of this refinement MMORPG from .. there is alot of MMORPG games out there each have its unique way of getting the economy up and running while maintain the main aspects of the game as it should be. imagine we went to WoW blacksmith and insted of refining the armor we ended up with 2 chest instead of 1 ? or we are playing yu gi oh online and when we use the fusion card we ended up with just one monster which cant go back to the original cards  ? that would be a super cool isn't it ? no it isn't .. we cant use some game logic in another because each has its unique way.

now the cause of all this we had a problem before which was the economy and some (don't really know anyone else except devs ) said that the species rarity were in grave danger .. if there is anything else we should know about then please be my guest.

the current system made the economy much worth and while there isn't a breeding anymore for cloning which wasn't a cloning in the first place the species are now available in the wild to catch so there isn't a rarity anymore its just a matter of how and how long will it take.

we wanted a fix for 2 problems we ended up with more than the double if i'm not wrong.

1- the economy sucks

2- genderless breeding is impossible

3- TMs are now officially dead

4- breeders either quieting or just wondering around looking for something to do

5- chain-breeding isn't worth it anymore 

6- if i'm not mistaken the comp scene are dead as well (maybe i'm wrong i don't really follow this path)

i really tried that system as i mentioned before and its really awesome except for the parents part as i said. i gave it more than a shot so i'm really positive about how i feel about it.

if we agreed on the above and you hopefully now open minded to other suggestions we could open up a new thread made specially for suggestions about breeding and how can we fix it .. other wise it would be a waste of time to continue arguing about it while it goes only up to the devs to deiced which is best for all of us

This response is to the 57 people that do not like new breeding as a whole.

"i get it that almost all of you (comp players and etc.. ) don't really care about breeding itself you all look for the final result which is a good comp pokemon to battle/brag with. so this whole process is really just a refinement to you. you don't care how its done but rather it can be done."

I agree with this sentence. This is how most people currently play the game. I would like to know though, those that did not breed just for the end product, what was it they bred for and why the new system does not cater to their needs. Did you create a bond with your pokemon and don't want to destroy them in the process or were you breeding for the fun of it, idk?

In response to your list of problems

1. I agree, the economy is quite bad atm because everything is such a high price and nobody has any money. I feel that once we get easier, not  repetitive ways to make money that this problem should be fixed, or at least it would be a step in the right direction. However in saying this, the economy wasn't all that great with the old system either, in fact it was quite the opposite. Only shinies were worth any great amount of money and pokemon with extensive amounts of good stats were shrugged off as a couple hundred K.

2. Again I agree, in fact I created a suggestion thread to allow genderless pokemon breed with each other, something that was only possible in the past due to a glitch. I would not like to see ditto's being able to breed with each other however as that seems overpowering since they can breed with anything, sorry Gilan.

3. Tm's are dead? How do you figure this? Are you saying that they aren't as valuable as they used to be, because that is untrue. For the most popular TM's, they are still only available throughout playing the story (something that promotes alt runs and should be fixed, hint hint staff) as such are worth as much as they always have. I also am not sure how this is a problem that the new breeding system caused as their seems to be nothing that links the two, other than being able to pass TM's through breeding, something possible in both breeding systems.

4. This basically relates to the question in my first paragraph, what was it that you guys bread for if not competitive pokemon? I'll leave that there until I get an answer.

5. Encontrar, I believe it is worth it. But that goes back to the mindset of why I am breeding. If I am trying to get an egg move onto a pokemon and need to chain it on, I have no problem with that as I only care about the end product, everything else is merely stepping stones.

6. The competitve scene has actually seen more participants recently I believe. There has been a 64 man tournament for the first time in years and there will no doubt be more. Not to mention the race for sign ups.

Finally, I propose a question. I have seen alot of how the new breeding system sucks and that it is inferior to the old. I would however like a response that does not mention the new system, but rather explains how the old system was superior. Someone please respond, What makes the old system better than the new system.

For instance, I believe the new system is better as we now have control over the outcome of the offspring, pokemon that have both competitive stats or only one good stat are worth something in the trade market, the system has the potential to fix the economy if the right changes are made and it is easy for anyone to breed independently, make the competitive scene an easier access.

A few specifics come to mind:

Under the old system bred pokemon have the potential to be stronger than their parents, (in one or more IVs). With some time, lots of hatching and not too much grind you could turn wildlings into half decent breeders.  

The old system was *far* less costly, 4200 pokeyen per egg using the scientist to unlock the flags and the parents don't die. (I know that the 'lore' is that they go to live on a farm, but lets face it; by completely ceasing to exist in pokemmo they die.)

I feel the old way *strongly* encouraged generosity, (for obvious reasons), and inflation aside it also encouraged people to buy/sell more pokemon.

I never had any 6x31s under the old system, but I had a few 4x31 breeders that I'd bred myself, (which took a lot of time/hatching as I didnt have the best stock). Even with those the random bonuses/penalties of up to +3 and down to -8 made it pretty impossible to "clone" my 4x31s and I'd often end up with a big IV gap from a full -8. It made getting lucky and getting something crazy like all +3 way more rewarding. Lastly on that point I will say- and I know this may be newbly to you upper class trainers, but whenever I saw a 6x31 in trade/any chat under the old system it was like "Whoa O.o". Now it's commonplace. 

Inflation was really the biggest flaw with the old system in my opinion. It seems like it would have been much more simple introduce an npc buy order system where we can sell our pokemon to death one at a time, instead of murdering 2 at a time. Might also have helped with our channel spamming traders by giving them a place to go offload their terrible pokes.

Breeding for me was more for the fun of making a collection of varied breeding stock so that when I had an impulse to make the most terrific ____ ever I could attempt to do so. It was definitely harder than the current system when you were breeding for something very specific, (ability, nature, higher IVs), but it really was more rewarding. I lucked right out once and got my 4x31 jolly rockhead aero on the first egg from a 3x31 zubat and a fairly bad female aero and I still get stoked reminiscing about it. Expected to be breeding aeros for weeks with the stock I had to work with. Now it would be fairly easy. Could put a lot of time/managing boring averages into making the same awesome aero and be like e.e

Anyhow I'm gonna stop here because I need to sleep. Hope to see you all when they fix the pokeconomy o/

Edited by kakaloto

Answering your questions one by one then 

what was it they bred for and why the new system does not cater to their needs. Did you create a bond with your pokemon and don't want to destroy them in the process or were you breeding for the fun of it, idk?

First of all yeah it was fun breeding one pokemon with multi movesets, also aiming for 5x & 6x was a great goal to go so regarding the fun part yeah it was very fun .. i for my self have 2 alts along with the main have on them 600 hrs in each 80% of time was breeding for sale, fun and beating the shit out of TT  :).

Second it was main resource of income to me/us breeders as we breed unti we get something good then rebreed them togther and sell the eggs which was by the way very fast to sell and yeah i know the price was super cheap but at least we could sell and make others .. now the price is skyrocketing but who cares ? nobody buy anyway and there is turning back into lower prices anymore cuz the whole process is so expensive and no one has money anymore. ... in other words : the market as dead more than ever

However in saying this, the economy wasn't all that great with the old system either, in fact it was quite the opposite. Only shinies were worth any great amount of money and pokemon with extensive amounts of good stats were shrugged off as a couple hundred K.

refer to my first answer should answer this as well about why do i think it was better back then

2. Again I agree, in fact I created a suggestion thread to allow genderless pokemon breed with each other, something that was only possible in the past due to a glitch. I would not like to see ditto's being able to breed with each other however as that seems overpowering since they can breed with anything, sorry Gilan.

have no comment on that since we agree on that  :)

3. Tm's are dead? How do you figure this? Are you saying that they aren't as valuable as they used to be, because that is untrue. For the most popular TM's, they are still only available throughout playing the story (something that promotes alt runs and should be fixed, hint hint staff) as such are worth as much as they always have. I also am not sure how this is a problem that the new breeding system caused as their seems to be nothing that links the two, other than being able to pass TM's through breeding, something possible in both breeding systems.

in old breeding we were able to pass the TMs around by breeding them into other pokemon BUT we would also still have the parent so you end up with 1 TM move on 2 or more pokemon,now we can only chose which one of them we want and use it on only him. cant pass it around like old tims cuz the parent would be taken away and you would end up with just 1 pokemon in the end .. thats what i meant

5. Encontrar, I believe it is worth it. But that goes back to the mindset of why I am breeding. If I am trying to get an egg move onto a pokemon and need to chain it on, I have no problem with that as I only care about the end product, everything else is merely stepping stones.

The same goes here as the TMs problem .. i could chain breeding between many groups and in the final result i could use the breaded pokemon to pass around the move for child either for sale or other moveset options .. now if i did that once i would still have to do it again and again and again each time i want to sell or breed another move set including the one i chained it.. that would be too much for me specially if i'm on the sell business wouldn't it ? 

6. The competitve scene has actually seen more participants recently I believe. There has been a 64 man tournament for the first time in years and there will no doubt be more. Not to mention the race for sign ups.

no comment there either cuz as i said i'm not into the comp scene so its not up to me to decide its condition so i guess if you say its better then it is  :)

Finally, I propose a question. I have seen alot of how the new breeding system sucks and that it is inferior to the old. I would however like a response that does not mention the new system, but rather explains how the old system was superior. Someone please respond, What makes the old system better than the new system.

For instance, I believe the new system is better as we now have control over the outcome of the offspring, pokemon that have both competitive stats or only one good stat are worth something in the trade market, the system has the potential to fix the economy if the right changes are made and it is easy for anyone to breed independently, make the competitive scene an easier access.

You got me all wrong on this one ... i said in my post that the new one is way more better than the old one we have control over the ivs, gender, hidden power and it is so much better .. to a cretin degree where we lose our breeders. its not the whole system i/we dislike its losing our breeders .. its so much unfair after going through to much to have it either in old breeding or the new one .. its just too much

if the old system was too easy for you and the new one is somehow better then its fine by me. but going through all this grinding for pokems/money/everstones/pokemon again cuz we should get lots and lots of those :) we simply kill our breeders and go through the whole process again for another pokemon ?

the main difference between us breeders and you comp players that you only aim for 6/12 at most pokemon to breed then you are happy with it and done with breeding but we have to breed lots and lots cuz we are selling/ trading/ giving/ helping haveing fun or whatever we like.

forgot to mention that of the 3 accounts i have i made 1 specially for breeding .. empty pc boxes and most of my money was in it before i spent it away with the new system. that should some how tell you why am i so against killing the parents 

Thank you for at least trying to understand why some just can't get along with it  ;)

They are sticking to the system we have now. They will tweak some things but the parent will alwayd disappear.

So is this official ?

I really would like the devs to confirm that because if that's the case then i should really stop coming here and start looking for another game/community that suits me. a one that have a real breeding not some mmo fantasy theory.

Edited by adhmn4
  • 4 weeks later...

The biggest reason I got into pokeMMO was the unique breeding system, the biggest reason for why I'm leaving is the new breeding system.

I love playing pokemon, & I'm attached to the pokemon I breed & raise, pokemon being sent into an endless pixilated meatgrinder of destruction for the single goal of creating effective combative pokes just seems wrong to me & destroys both the spirit of the game & the fun in breeding anything, it seems less like pokemon & more just an endless grind MMO with some familiar faces stamped onto it,. 

I like breeding different pokemon with abnormal sets, breeding sets just because it is possible here & nowhere else, breeding to pass tms around to my various pokemon, all these things are now just a waste of time, things I would of had fun with, especially with all the things I'd of had to play with in the new update, just aren't fun anymore, instead of spending the next few weeks engrossed in this game after noticing the new update I'm giving up on it & looking for something else to do.

The breeding community that was here last time I came to pokeMMO just seems dead now, no more pokemon with egg moves being picked up by new players just as they start out, no more sharing high IV pokemon between communities, just a few more active tournaments which frankly are probably more down to an increase in the number of active players due to interest in the addition of the new hoenn region & pokemon as well as the new challenge provided by the shift in move types than easier comp breeding.

free braces would be a good simple fix.

It should be difficult & time consuming to get perfect pokemon, perfect pokemon should be worth alot, the prices of breed items might need some balancing but making braces completely free is just going to devalue perfect pokemon again, not as much as before but still..

• 4 weeks later...

Im assuming that the devs still refuse to fix breeding if the recent posts here are any indication... it's quite simple to fix. Keep the IV passing changes and the item effects we have of the current system and revert the 'murding parents' to the 'not murding parents' and things would easily slide back into place.

The slogan is "No BS, just games" but this current breeding system is total BS if im brutally honest.

The new breeding would be good if u didn't have to pay freaking 15k for fucking braces and if u didn't kill our perants for having sex then the market woudnt be so dead otherwise its easy to make comps you want

Agree 100%

I hate the new breeding, why lose 2 pokemon( parent pokemon ) for an egg? doesn't that ruin the whole fun and point of breeding, its more of a reset system now

I hope they fix it so you don't lose the parent pokemon

Once again I agree 100%

They are sticking to the system we have now. They will tweak some things but the parent will alwayd disappear.

...so they setup a poll on this thread and decided to ignore it completely? Well that's bull since it's a no brainer that killing parents SUCKS if the current votes that says ALOT of people don't like the new system is any indication... and if im not mistaken the vote went up quite a bit since the last time I visited this thread so that's a thing :T

Im assuming that the devs still refuse to fix breeding if the recent posts here are any indication... it's quite simple to fix. Keep the IV passing changes and the item effects we have of the current system and revert the 'murding parents' to the 'not murding parents' and things would easily slide back into place.
The slogan is "No BS, just games" but this current breeding system is total BS if im brutally honest.

Agree 100%

Once again I agree 100%

...so they setup a poll on this thread and decided to ignore it completely? Well that's bull since it's a no brainer that killing parents SUCKS if the current votes that says ALOT of people don't like the new system is any indication... and if im not mistaken the vote went up quite a bit since the last time I visited this thread so that's a thing :T

You would hate the resulting game if parents lived.

I don't think you understand how bad that would be for the game, literally every Pokemon would be 6x31. It achieves the exact opposite of what the developers have been working towards with the new breeding system.

Cmom guys i think this guy can do it. I think this guy can make an argument to change our and the devs minds. So lets here it mike. Why is this system bs and the proposed system of urs not? Why is ur system so much better than this one. I want good reasons not the bs that has been pitched to us b4.

I don't think you understand how bad that would be for the game, literally every Pokemon would be 6x31. It achieves the exact opposite of what the developers have been working towards with the new breeding system.

i seriously do not see whats wrong with perfect ived pokes, you still have to grind your ass off for everything else. As it is right now its just way too much time , money and effort for a simple 31 speed 25+ poke. Im pretty sure taht shiny hunting is more viable than breeding atm lmao , hunt for a shiny thats worth alot sell it and buy alot of comps , at least shiny hunting isnt as boring as the current breeding system

Cmom guys i think this guy can do it. I think this guy can make an argument to change our and the devs minds. So lets here it mike. Why is this system bs and the proposed system of urs not? Why is ur system so much better than this one. I want good reasons not the bs that has been pitched to us b4.

Its impossible to change the mind of somebody who doesn't reply. The smallest ounce of response we get goes along the lines of "it's a refinement" and "other rpgs do grinding too." Maybe they do see how many hours(which are not taken fully into account, hour is long) people put in to this game and are actually responding to the problem. We can only hope.

i seriously do not see whats wrong with perfect ived pokes, you still have to grind your ass off for everything else. As it is right now its just way too much time , money and effort for a simple 31 speed 25+ poke. Im pretty sure taht shiny hunting is more viable than breeding atm lmao , hunt for a shiny thats worth alot sell it and buy alot of comps , at least shiny hunting isnt as boring as the current breeding system

I'd rather that aspects of the gameplay that players feel are too grind heavy were tackled rather than make it so everyone had perfect IV Pokemon. Sure, perfect IVs are amazing to have but it would be boring if everyone had 6x31 (or variants to allow for hidden power). The market would be super stale and newer players with lesser resources would have a horrible job trying to compete with every one else and sell their less than perfect comps. Sure I can understand why people want 31 ivs in important stats like speed and attack ect and even 28+ in the others, the standards rose with old breeding so now people are reluctant to accept lower than that (which I also totally get too). 

However true perfection (6x31) should still require hard work, even in the last update 6x31 were hard to obtain although that was mostly because of luck. Take Dededoge for example, he bred Mareep for months and I think in that time got only 2 6x31s (I could be wrong). I think that hard work should still be present with the new system however I don't feel like it should limit players from being able to make comps to their standard or liking. 

I'd rather that aspects of the gameplay that players feel are too grind heavy were tackled rather than make it so everyone had perfect IV Pokemon. Sure, perfect IVs are amazing to have but it would be boring if everyone had 6x31 (or variants to allow for hidden power). The market would be super stale and newer players with lesser resources would have a horrible job trying to compete with every one else and sell their less than perfect comps. Sure I can understand why people want 31 ivs in important stats like speed and attack ect and even 28+ in the others, the standards rose with old breeding so now people are reluctant to accept lower than that (which I also totally get too). 
However true perfection (6x31) should still require hard work, even in the last update 6x31 were hard to obtain although that was mostly because of luck. Take Dededoge for example, he bred Mareep for months and I think in that time got only 2 6x31s (I could be wrong). I think that hard work should still be present with the new system however I don't feel like it should limit players from being able to make comps to their standard or liking.

Takle the crappy way to make money (payday). Or don't tackle it and make a different method.

Take the Battle Factory, for example. Make it a pvp mechanic. Make it just like Showdown's random battles. The winner gets a scrumptous sum of money, the loser gets a small amount, but still nice.

That way the rich don't get richer due to their richness, and the poor can catch up. Also it would be a lot more fun that waiting to press the "payday" button against npcs...

Gilan using it as a means to get cash will just be another diversion from the actual problem. Sure it will have a cool experience and be a novelty for a while but doesn't change the fact that it's a breeding mechanic. It will just be another grinding mechanic that will contribute to the grinding in order to breed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.