Opinions on new breeding?

Shaniqualela

267 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about new breeding

• I like it
    • I don't like it
    • Not sure

To answer your assumption, no im not new XD. ive been playing since 2012 which is longer than the majority of the people that play this game. Ive played through updates that literally changed the game (ex. catchMMO to BikeMMO or when lucky eggs became worthless cuz of currency introduced) unlike the new breeding change, these updates at least benefited both old and new players equally. To be honest, new breeding isnt a concern to me. I have the time and money to make comps and tons of friends that work together to make even more comps so im not saying this for my own personal gain. This new breeding favors veteran players ( like myself might I add) that have tons of 5x31 comps and breeders left over from before. New player are literally screwed after the main game. If a new player finishes the game how are they supposed to get in the competitive scene? grinding for weeks? for one comp? which you need 6 of? i dont know about you but im pretty sure the game literally ends for newer players after they beat the champion. Honestly everyone I see who complain about the old breeding usually say "OMG SO BAD"  "THANK GOD ITS GONE" but never give a valid reason to why it was bad. I'm just looking out for the little guys who want to have fun with this game and are pretty much the future of the game not for my own greedy gain like most people who play this game. 

Actually new players can be much more independent than they use to be. They dont have to borrow breeders from old players (which was near required in the old syatem) and they can grind for their own comps and money. Does it take time? Sure but nothing worth having comes easy.

As said b4 the system is goong to be worked on and aspects of the system will be better. Just gotta be patient.

Actually new players can be much more independent than they use to be. They dont have to borrow breeders from old players (which was near required in the old syatem) and they can grind for their own comps and money. Does it take time? Sure but nothing worth having comes easy.

As said b4 the system is goong to be worked on and aspects of the system will be better. Just gotta be patient.

I agree :P it just bugs me when people think the new system is perfect and superior to the old way in every way possible (which its not)

but at the same time this is an MMO, cooperation should be encouraged. i miss the days that I would give my breeding rejects to new players for free who would put those rejects to good use.

if i wanted to be independent i would just play the real pokemon games :/

Edited by ItzJ0sh8

I agree :P it just bugs me when people think the new system is perfect and superior to the old way in every way possible (which its not)
but at the same time this is an MMO, cooperation should be encouraged. i miss the days that I would give my breeding rejects to new players for free who would put those rejects to good use.
if i wanted to be independent i would just play the real pokemon games :/

It's not perfect but it is superior to the old system just for the fact that inflation is not allowed this way, my team and I go to hunt wild pokemon that are useful and try to help us as much as we can, that's cooperation, not giving away a 6x31 breeder so our friends get comp pokemon in 5 minutes, COME ON! -.-

It's not perfect but it is superior to the old system just for the fact that inflation is not allowed this way, my team and I go to hunt wild pokemon that are useful and try to help us as much as we can, that's cooperation, not giving away a 6x31 breeder so our friends get comp pokemon in 5 minutes, COME ON! -.-

Thats nice and all, but that dosent excuse the fact that making a comp team is way too much  time and $$$.

Sure comps should be expensive but no where near as expensive as they are now! 

No one trades anymore because you might as well keep the comps for yourself resulting in prices skyrocketing for the rare ones that do sell.

The real hard part of the game should be the tournaments, not making the comps

plus thats a bit of an exaggeration 

The amount of time it takes to build a comp will be reduced with the iv update and the market has other issues besides breeding. This system was good for the comp market but we still have a problem with a bad trading system. Back in the day when comps were cheap it wasnt hard to sell comps bc you would let it go at a cheap price so ppl would buy. And why wouldnt you? You can just breed another. But now people arent selling. Apart of that is bc people arent buying. Atleast not for what the comp you are selling is worth. There are buyers that will pay what its worth for a comp but you have to spend too much time and its not worth it. Not only that you have to haggle which is a pain. But when we get a aucton house type of trading you can just set a price for ur comps and w8 for some one to buy. Sense you will easily be able to compare comps thus setting a standard market price for everything. Which will make trading easier therefor mor ppl will do it.

Tldr: a better trade system will help the market a lot

The real hard part of the game should be the tournaments, not making the comps

I personally disagree with this sentiment; it's part of what separates an RPG from a purely competitive fighting game.

This franchise has the ability and the appeal of being both.

Part of what makes the MMO genre is seeing other players with high quality equipment and aspiring to reach that as a goal or admiring their dedication.

Lower quality equipment is of course made available and is capable of doing the job required of it, but the better the equipment the harder you have to work. - the same is the case here.

If players were just given the equipment, the game would become more akin to a fighting game on it's own rather than an RPG with PvP.

So in half a day I made this

fw5KTtc.png

I used leftover maril I had from a previous breed(1-2 25+ iv's). This is a reasonable amount of time imo for a comp and for me is alot faster than the old system due to my lack of breeders. Money is still an issue but staff know that and are working on it

I feel screwed everytime i breed something i spend like 200k on braces, everstones, gender etc... i use alot of time because of i need to be picky about which wild catch i can breed for keeping the cost of the breeding down and the final outcome is still just a decent comp... i wish we can get braces cost down to max 5k which would make breeding alot more manageable... in my eyes very cheep braces wouldn't make breeding too easy because of you still would sack pokes for breeding, you would need to get everstones and choose genders + waiting for eggs would still be time comsuming like in old breeding, expensive braces just makes it completely unmanageable...

It's more rewarding if you have to go through a long process to get you want but it also had made the older players in pokemmo even richer. They have the best pokemon because they were able to use the old breeding, so the only people that have gained are them:

Actuall pure money wise most old players are stillstruggling. Asset wise it had bc the assets they already have (comps/breeders) went up in value.

Why should I have to kill two pokemon to make one? The purpose of breeding is to make MORE, not less.

Before the last update the market was swamped with a lot of really great Pokemon, to the point where popular stuff like Eevee (5x31) were common and pretty hard to sell for a decent price. I like to think of the new system as more of a refinement process, I give two of my Pokemon and in return I get given a better one. 

So. My personnal feeling about the breeding...
Wrong.
Lemme explain:

1: Reducing population.
Breeding is suppose to make some babies. Create new pokemon, improve the population.
In order to upgrade the pokedex, trade with friends/people.
Actually, it's a 2 -> 1.

Specially in the case of Evee and Tyrogue.

2: Lock casual breeding.
Not every peoples are hardcore breeders, and I can talk on this, because i'm like this.
For me, and for so many people, having some good IV is hard. Really trully hard, even with 4 IV taken from parents.
That's why standar breeding is hard, and why we prefer to make some trade with real breeders and get competitiv pokemon from them...

But now... only 3 IV are taken, and only 1 baby can be took from a couple...
Then Trading gonna die + casual breeders can't even try to make some good pokemon...

3: Now, you can Add even more factors on this...

-Like having a good nature type, in addition of IV.
-Getting genetical skills, in addition of IV + nature.

-Having a sex that you want, in add of IV + nature + skills  (yes, i'm perfectionist, i prefer to get special species on male, and special one on female...)

And, finally, i'm not a true fan... But i can easily think some people wants Shiney...
And if you add this low ratio factor again, the breeding is just impossible.

That's why i think everything gone wrong about breed.

Thanks to read, kiss everyone. Ciaaa.

Wrong.
Lemme explain:

Breeding is suppose to make some babies. Create new pokemon, improve the population.
Actually, it's a 2 -> 1.

Not every peoples are hardcore breeders, and I can talk on this, because i'm like this.
For me, and for so many people, having some good IV is hard. Really trully hard, even with 4 IV taken from parents.
That's why standar breeding is hard, and why we prefer to make some trade with real breeders and get competitiv pokemon from them...

Then Trading gonna die + casual breeders can't even try to make some good pokemon...

-Having a sex that you want, in add of IV + nature + skills  (yes, i'm perfectionist, i prefer to get special species on male, and special one on female...)

And, finally, i'm not a true fan... But i can easily think some people wants Shiney...

If you are a perfectionist then you must LOVE the new breeding bc you can choose everything about your baby pokemon. Everyting from what IV they have right down to which sex they are. Ofc you have to do a lil grinding to do so.

"If you are a perfectionist then you must LOVE the new breeding bc you can choose everything about your baby pokemon. Everyting from what IV they have right down to which sex they are. Ofc you have to do a lil grinding to do so."

With only my first reason i can said i hate the breeding now.

-------------------------
-> 1: Reducing population.
Actually, it's a 2 -> 1.

---------------------------

You can't have Evee + Vaporeon + Jolteon + Flareon ect ect.
This is lock to 1 evee cause no more children breed...

Same thing for Tyrogue, 
Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Hitmontop.

And as i said in my comment, i'm not a good breeder.

For my competition team on my IRL games, i've buy my pokemon with 5x31 iv cause it's too hard, too long and too boring to get IV + nature.

And for this online game right here, the Trading gonna die, cause breeders can't get many babies and sell them.

Edited by Melerickk

Wrong.
Lemme explain:

Actually, it's a 2 -> 1.

My thoughts exactly.

"If you are a perfectionist then you must LOVE the new breeding bc you can choose everything about your baby pokemon. Everyting from what IV they have right down to which sex they are. Ofc you have to do a lil grinding to do so."

With only my first reason i can said i hate the breeding now.

-------------------------
-> 1: Reducing population.
Actually, it's a 2 -> 1.

Specially in the case of Evee and Tyrogue.
---------------------------

You can't have Evee + Vaporeon + Jolteon + Flareon ect ect.
This is lock to 1 evee cause no more children breed...

Same thing for Tyrogue,
Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Hitmontop.

And as i said in my comment, i'm not a good breeder.

For my competition team on my IRL games, i've buy my pokemon with 5x31 iv cause it's too hard, too long and too boring to get IV + nature.

And for this online game right here, the Trading gonna die, cause breeders can't get many babies and sell them.

You can find eevees/tyrogue in the wild

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.