Opinions on new breeding?

Shaniqualela

267 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about new breeding

• I like it
    • I don't like it
    • Not sure

Now that most of us have gotten used to it, and used up our old breeders, what is your opinion on the new system?

At first I really liked it because I had more control over it, but now I'm starting to not like it so much.

Some problems I have with it are:

• Breeding for HP is really really hard.
  • I feel like I'm forced to use 1-2 sets on a pokemon because its so much of a hassle to breed a bunch of the same pokemon, where as before I could just breed up a bunch of them, and use a different pokemon for a different nature for a different set. Such as adamant, lonely, timid, rash charizards. Now each one  I need to start ALL OVER.
  • Messing up moves used to just be annoying, now its a dead stop to any progress you made if you need an egg move and mess up, this system is very unforgiving.
  • It seems like you make no progress, and don't get rewarded. Before when you got a good breeder it felt rewarding because now you could start to make changes where you need them for different natures, egg moves, etc. Now its like... yay i got a comp... lets start all over.

I've bred a large handul of comps with this new breeding system, it started out fun and just got more and more boring as I went on, now its not even worth it to breed for me.

Edited by Shaniqualela

I loved the new systems, but now it's gettig old. I have to grind for breeders. I have to breed breeders. I have to grind for everstones. I have to grind for braces. I have to grind for shards. I have little motivation to make multiple sets beause it is a hassle. I just want to play the game and battle, but it takes me a few days to breed one comp. ;-;

Edited by DrCraig

I loved the new systems, but now it's gettig old. I have to grind for breeders. I have to breed breeders. I have to grind for everstones. I have to grind for braces. I have to grind for shards. I have little motivation to make multiple sets beause it is a hassle. I just want to play the game and battle, but it takes me a few days to breed one comp. ;-;

this ;-;

and its almost impossible to buy comps now since people just breed for themselves

Time to do so breeding,... and now im broke. Got this 31/0/0/0/31/31 rash eeevee though.

leppa berry for it?

Edited by Shaniqualela

I like it, it's true that the grinding is a little too much but that can be fixed, the only problem I see is the genderless pokemon, It's really hard to breed those, dittos need to be captured with ultra balls which are expensive and most of them are useless so with genderless pokemon becomes a really problem but besides that I like the control I have over my babies, I've been breeding 4x31, 5x31 with egg moves and I've loved it although it's true it takes days

Came back after about a year of inactivity because I heard that Hoenn was added and some previously-unavailable pokémon could be caught... Hoped to go about hobby-breeding some of them, but now I come to find out that breeding is fusion now - thereby making what I wanted to do impossible.

I think it'd be great if the various breeding locations could each have their own systems, so the old system (perhaps nerfed to avoid balance issues) could still be used.

Edited by Avris

Came back after about a year of inactivity because I heard that Hoenn was added and some previously-unavailable pokémon could be caught... Hoped to go about hobby-breeding some of them, but now I come to find out that breeding is fusion now - thereby making what I wanted to do impossible.

I think it'd be great if the various breeding locations could each have their own systems, so the old system (perhaps nerfed to avoid balance issues) could still be used.

If that happened, people would make 6x31's in hoenn breeding, then go to kanto and duplicate them like crazy

If that happened, people would make 6x31's in hoenn breeding, then go to kanto and duplicate them like crazy

Which is why I said the reimplementation of the old system should be nerfed. Worst case scenario, breeders use Kanto to make their 1/2*31s to make perfects; personally, I wouldn't mind complete IV randomisation in the Kanto breeding, so long as I don't have to murder my breeding families.

Edited by Avris

Used to breed in this as a hobby, but basically stopped playing when that became extremely costly. Didn't have any 6x31s from the old system, made one with the new system and it was easy/expensive. Took the fun, gambling feeling right out of it. I don't really mind the new breeding system, it's just that now there's a large amount of particularly monotonous grinding required to utilize it- too much grinding that I cba to do. Been waiting for an update to play again. I doubt they'll change their boring, new fusion system, but hopefully they will introduce a way of generating pokeyen for the economy that isn't awful, (or at least superbuff the current 3 ways.)

I'm done my rant, see you all in the future o/

Edited by kakaloto

I think the grinding and time it takes could be reduced with confirmed ivs since (at least for me) it is the part it takes a lot of time, with that fixed this could be funnier for those who don't like it and with an improved method to ev train then everything will be better, that's my opinion

I don't get why people don't like this system, it is twice, three times better than before e.e

I think the grinding and time it takes could be reduced with confirmed ivs since (at least for me) it is the part it takes a lot of time, with that fixed this could be funnier for those who don't like it and with an improved method to ev train then everything will be better, that's my opinion

I don't get why people don't like this system, it is twice, three times better than before e.e

^ this + buyable everstones ( maybe for 15-20k ) from the npc who is also selling the braces .
and genderless pokemon are still a pain to breed so it would be better if we could breed ditto + ditto to make genderless pokemon equal to pokemon with gender.

Edited by RyoOhsora

W8ing cor confirmed ivs b4 i breed again. Just curious how many of you who are saying its too much what do you think needs to change? To me the ivs are about the only thing that really bothers me as a grind. Everstone or even money grinding doesnt bothere me too much yet. Also are you guys only going for 31s on ir pokes?

W8ing cor confirmed ivs b4 i breed again. Just curious how many of you who are saying its too much what do you think needs to change? To me the ivs are about the only thing that really bothers me as a grind. Everstone or even money grinding doesnt bothere me too much yet. Also are you guys only going for 31s on ir pokes?

i only go for 31 in the main stats the rest can be 25+ everything else is just a waste of money/time imo.
but still... its way to much of a grindfest currently ... at least a better way to earn money wouldn't be too bad. ( and maybe buyable everstones? because those are breeding items and should be buyable like the rest of the breeding items).

Edited by RyoOhsora

Time to do so breeding,... and now im broke. Got this 31/0/0/0/31/31 rash eeevee though.

so what your saying is you started with like 100k, provided rash was a nature you were passing with an everstone, much less if not.

I don't understand how to breed in the new breeding system. Why do we have to sacrifice 2 pokemon for 1? ;-; It would be better if we could keep at least ONE of the parents... Or even better, if we could combine the old system with the new system. That would fix everything!

I don't understand how to breed in the new breeding system. Why do we have to sacrifice 2 pokemon for 1? ;-; It would be better if we could keep at least ONE of the parents... Or even better, if we could combine the old system with the new system. That would fix everything!

Or what if we could just have gilan do all of our breeding naked?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.