Quick Wishlist

Kyu

Question

This thread is to gather requests for small changes or features which can have a big impact on your experience. It is meant to be a dumping ground of basic ideas for common annoyances. Put elaborate ideas or content changes in their own thread.

Post up to 3 quick and simple things that would matter a lot to you if implemented.

(A really small one) 1. About the latest update from 02/27/2018: Now the sounds are implemented. And the update is absolutely awesome imo! But now the "problem" - There's a sound when the pokemon comes out of the ball "POOF" and the sound of the pokemon by itself. I heared there is first the sound of the pokemon then the "POOF" sound of the ball. Would make more sense (imo) to switch the sounds.

2. The legendaries: I know it's handled like that, because the legendaries have to stay legendary. Let's call them "normal" legendaries and "super" legendaries.

Normals are like Moltres, Raikou, Latios and Regice... Supers are like Mewtwo, Mew, Rayquaza and stuff. Why not implement the "normal" legendaries and ban them for PvP battles and make them "shy" so they can't taken out of the pokeball to follow you?! So the people are happy and nobody else see them to make them not unique. :)

3. Trainer battles and pokemon exchange: It's annoying when you want to kill the enemy pokemon with an attack and he changes it in this moment. But okay, let it be like it is. But implementing the function to change your own pokemon after defeating the enemy one would be awesome! Also it brings some new tactics for the battle... like in the handheld versions. But only in PvE (trainer battles). In PvP not of course! ^^

Edited by XIxR3DEEM3RxIX
6 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

theorically everything can be implemented so your comment is the most irrelevant here. what i wanted to say (i might have not made it obvious enough) is that you idea sound like i want to bring my pet to the vet and pay money to gamble if it will look cuter to sell it for more or in the case that you want to keep it you would just torture it until it's nice enough for you either case that's pretty messed up to do wich is why i am against your idea also my other point was that this thread is for quick little thing to add that don't need or cause any discussion like your idea for a dark theme on the forum

You're talking about right/wrong and realism in a game where little monster-animals spew fire that can cause permanent/severe injury IRL, enough electricity to 'taser' someone to death, and much worse.  Realism does not really apply here at all so your point is irrelevant.  My previous response was directed at an obvious troll who wanted to spew instead of offering constructive/useful feedback and you had no business butting into it.  This is the suggestions thread; that is what it is here for.

If you aren't a fan of it?  Just move on.  You aren't required to respond to every single little thing ya know ;)
If you want to really be blunt, the whole 'animal fighting' meme has been beaten to death.  Pokemon aren't the same as IRL animals (as much as we'd like to see that).  There's no blood, no gore, no permanent injury.  They 'faint' in battle and Pokemon centers can always heal them back to perfect health if they are sent there in time.  As far as the games the worst that happens when your Pokemon faints is that it loses some 'happiness' value.

Because once you put the object in the GTL and just after you a person put 99 times the same item for 1 $ less,
you have to wait 99 times the same item sell before yours can be sell.
Or you can withdraw the item because you have already paid the 5% tax and to be able to cut the person to the 99 items 
you must pay 5% tax "AGAIN".
This is why the tax should be levied after the sale but not at the time of putting the object on the GTL.
6 hours ago, PinkLabel said:

Because once you put the object in the GTL and just after you a person put 99 times the same item for 1 $ less,
you have to wait 99 times the same item sell before yours can be sell.
Or you can withdraw the item because you have already paid the 5% tax and to be able to cut the person to the 99 items 
you must pay 5% tax "AGAIN".
This is why the tax should be levied after the sale but not at the time of putting the object on the GTL.

This sounds like a reasonable idea.  Levy the tax on sale rather than on listing.

The largest issue with that method that I see is that you get people like your 99 item lister and others who just flood the GTL with 'junk' items to push up or push down competitor items at no cost.  It is quite easily abusable so for that reason I am uncertain if this would solve the problem.

This book in the player's Hoenn room tells you to open your menu with Start and then press Save to save the game.

adcc166f82399bdc197f8b83fb29677b.png

This is obviously not the case in this game, so the dialogue is unneeded and might confuse players. A similar dialogue in the player's Kanto room was changed to this:

68784a60ed42802ac8a3ade17b066a94.png

I'd suggest doing the same with the book.

@Squirtle @Darkshade @Desu @Kyu

With the looming implementation of Hidden Ability dungeons (or whatever), I have a simple request: Can you add a "Hidden Ability Pill" that can only be used on Shiny Pokemon? For instance, several of our Shiny Gift prizes from tournaments may be rendered obsolete because of these changes. It would be nice to have a way to keep them viable considering they cannot be traded or rebred. I recognize that there is an "economic" factor at play here, as this pill would keep us from breeding a new mon and entering into that money sink process. Regardless, the new pill (or item in general) could be difficult to obtain or available for BP/RP, which might attenuate the economical loss of having an "easy fix". 

3 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

@Squirtle @Darkshade @Desu @Kyu

With the looming implementation of Hidden Ability dungeons (or whatever), I have a simple request: Can you add a "Hidden Ability Pill" that can only be used on Shiny Pokemon? For instance, several of our Shiny Gift prizes from tournaments may be rendered obsolete because of these changes. It would be nice to have a way to keep them viable considering they cannot be traded or rebred. I recognize that there is an "economic" factor at play here, as this pill would keep us from breeding a new mon and entering into that money sink process. Regardless, the new pill (or item in general) could be difficult to obtain or available for BP/RP, which might attenuate the economical loss of having an "easy fix". 

Implementing HAs is not something that is going to be easy no matter which way we decide to implement it and I am not going to speak to your request as I am not the right person to so if Kyu or Desu want to they can otherwise you will have to wait and see what gets implemented.

I wanted to make a thread but am still under the 10 posts needed to make the suggestion, so ill leave it here for now:

I would very much love an offline mode for Pokemmo with completely separate saves from the Online. Why? well you guys haven't just made an MMO you've REMADE Pokemon FR, Emerald and BW into the best looking versions of themselves in no other version of these titles can I play on a proper 1080p resolution with more map on screen and non stretched graphics. Its not just an MMO its also one of the best fan remakes of these games. (most fan games don't even have animations implemented!)

Re adding legendary events and pokemon for offline solo mode would be awesome too but I am not picky at all...the ability to play the 3 campaigns together in one game is already enough for me.

I also wanna make sure its understood that a Solo mode save shouldn't ever be able to be brought online ever under any circumstances. Would love to know what others think...I understand pokemmo is an mmo first and foremost...But I wanna reiterate that this is also in my opinion the BEST way to play fire red, emerald, and BW in a quality that is just unmatched by emulating the games.

Small Tweaks

• Dragging and dropping a Pokemon in the bank onto a tab will move it to that tab if there is room / Respond with "There is no room left in tab <name>"
  • For searches to be done in batch instead of a constant update in GTL, It makes it feel jerky as well as it just seems like it would be nice to finish typing what your searching before the game lags

Larger Changes

• Updated / Detailed Mod & Theme API, They almost seem the exact same at the moment
  • The ability to set the position of battle sprites as well as place them in grid formatting, (Battle sprites DMG Icons Mod Comes to mind being just a small example that could benefit from this)
  • API for a way to recognize Pokemon on the Battle screen

1) being able to use numbers when creating a new character

(i want to use my username b800047)

2) multi-range of colors instead of just the default palette

(i want to make my shirt dark blue)

3) (optional) custom player icon

(sometimes i just want to showoff something)

On 6/24/2018 at 7:49 PM, Eggplant said:

when you wipe a horde with EQ

make it so all five HP bar animations run at same time

same with intimidate, proc on everyone at same time plz

When use a item, it should appear the name of the item... there is a text saying "Use on which pokemon"... make it "Use RARE CANDY / PP UP / ANTIDOTE on which pokemon"

1.Add a selected style when clicking on the content in the chat window(Color deepened layer)

2.Please fix the bug that chat content can't be copied(Sometimes you need to unlock the chat window/enlarge the chat window to copy the content normally.)

3.Make the item/pokemon's link unique(When you have two identical kyu hats, you can send two kyu hat links. If you have a kyu hat, you can only send one kyu hat link.)

An item that blocks a pokemon from receiving EXP from battles.  

Scenario: Let's say Im using a lvl. 71 to one hit a horde of Garbroudor so that a couple lvl. 16's using exp share can level up faster. In this case I'm not really worried about the lvl. 71 leveling up but his share would allow the lvl. 16's to level up much faster.

It can be called the Share Collar.