Quick Wishlist

Kyu

Question

1 hour ago, DoubleJ said:

@Darkshade

Why on God's green Earth is Headbutt 5 Yellow Shards? There isn't even another move that has that kind of cost and let alone something as unviable as Headbutt. 

Also, please make the elemental TM's in the GC the same price. 

Because we had potential future plans for it, thus it was better to price it in advance.

I'll investigate the Game Corner TMs, they should have been the same price already.

5 hours ago, redspawn said:

Also why am I 'Members' instead of 'Member' on the forum? I'm a single person 

Like for this fuck new moves

but we need more tutors for already existing moves that somes pokes idkw cant learn here but can in new gens (twave pig, agility krabby, wow arca etc) and maybe make hp chooseable between physical or special so we get more options to build sets but aint op (70bp is bad 105 if stab)

3 hours ago, SirYurop said:

Like for this fuck new moves

but we need more tutors for already existing moves that somes pokes idkw cant learn here but can in new gens (twave pig, agility krabby, wow arca etc) and maybe make hp chooseable between physical or special so we get more options to build sets but aint op (70bp is bad 105 if stab)

changing the 'meta' is healthy, and is what makes a game live on, take for example bigger names, like LoL, cs etc, they change it by buffs and nerfs. Here you see little action on that, OU became really boring, you rarely see different monsters in it.

I don't know if pokemmo is ever gonna add anymore pokemon besides legendaries. So I was thinking why not introduce something like alola pokemon. Whenever a pokemmo region comes out with thier own storyline and stuff have some of the pokemon which we already have be different typing. The look of the pokemon doesn't have to change though but would be a welcomed addition.

7 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

What's your reasoning?

The player can do the exact same thing; assuming you're referring to the NPCs.

Yea the NPC's. Well end game content is designed to be beatable, in any game, with a secure strategy. The average PokeMMO casual player would not understand how to beat this "boss" without simply having one pokemon dedicated to just OHKO the pokemon spamming Rest + Full Restore. When you have multiple pokemon spamming this tactic, you lose your win condition since it's unlikely you can OHKO all of them. In addition, PP stall should not be a strategy for end-game content in the "casual scene". This is just not fun and not a good game design imo.  

On 11/11/2016 at 3:14 PM, silytoad said:

What peep said is brilliant.

I'd like to have a sweet scent Ocarina so I can hunt for a shiny or ev without using my mouse 

O snap someone beat me to it! Put Sweet scent Ocarina in gift shop and it'll sell more than any other Ocarina ;)

On 28/11/2016 at 2:42 AM, DoubleJ said:

Yea the NPC's. Well end game content is designed to be beatable, in any game, with a secure strategy. The average PokeMMO casual player would not understand how to beat this "boss" without simply having one pokemon dedicated to just OHKO the pokemon spamming Rest + Full Restore. When you have multiple pokemon spamming this tactic, you lose your win condition since it's unlikely you can OHKO all of them. In addition, PP stall should not be a strategy for end-game content in the "casual scene". This is just not fun and not a good game design imo.  

It's not really designed to be a casual experience, it's intended to be the most difficult NPC battle we have in the game right now; and I think generally speaking it does that rather well.

Is losing that way particularly fun? No, I'd agree it isn't.

Can the player do the exact same thing to the NPCs? Yes.

For that reason I believe it to be a non-issue.

To put it in layman's terms: Gitgud.

13 hours ago, awkways said:

O snap someone beat me to it! Put Sweet scent Ocarina in gift shop and it'll sell more than any other Ocarina ;)

To address this, as it's commonly brought up as a suggestion:

A Sweet Scent Ocarina would be unbalanced without some form of PP, or something similar to replace the lack of it.

12 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

It's not really designed to be a casual experience, it's intended to be the most difficult NPC battle we have in the game right now; and I think generally speaking it does that rather well.

Is losing that way particularly fun? No, I'd agree it isn't.

Can the player do the exact same thing to the NPCs? Yes.

For that reason I believe it to be a non-issue.

To put it in layman's terms: Gitgud.

Sounds like a legit strategy, "just buy a hundred full restores, use rest, pp max everything, and bring a Pokemon that can one shot everything too!"

I know your team can be more creative than to create a system that just pp stalls you.

Just now, DoubleJ said:

Sounds like a legit strategy, "just buy a hundred full restores, use rest, pp max everything, and bring a Pokemon that can one shot everything too!"

I know your team can be more creative than to create a system that just pp stalls you.

It doesn't just do that, it's dependent on the situation you put it in.

As Munya pointed out, they have a limited supply (likely to be less than that of any player that chooses to take up that strategy).

The AI wants to win, as does the player - it's a reasonably even playing field. (Well, not exactly; because the AI is currently incomplete).

Additionally, the AI's healing item logic is very immature.

Let's not pretend that players won't take up that strategy, and we're not going to ignore it because it's not fun to play against should you put the AI in that position.

After all, the player doesn't care about that in reverse.

Plus, if you want to take that strategy and win with potions, you can do - but you're going to be sinking money in the process.

The idea would be to improve upon your strategy so you're getting more of a reward.

2 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

It doesn't just do that, it's dependent on the situation you put it in.

As Munya pointed out, they have a limited supply (likely to be less than that of any player that chooses to take up that strategy).

The AI wants to win, as does the player - it's a reasonably even playing field. (Well, not exactly; because the AI is currently incomplete).

Additionally, the AI's healing item logic is very immature.

Let's not pretend that players won't take up that strategy, and we're not going to ignore it because it's not fun to play against should you put the AI in that position.

After all, the player doesn't care about that in reverse.

Plus, if you want to take that strategy and win with potions, you can do - but you're going to be sinking money in the process.

The idea would be to improve upon your strategy so you're getting more of a reward.

Improve upon my strategy, but my suggestion was to advance the AI so we're not playing against an AI that simply spams recovery without offense. 

My last run was just for kicks and curiosity, but I ran into a slowbro that used slack off every turn until it couldn't, multiple pokemon with rest + full restore, and then simply poor attack move choices by the AI.

Bad design and not worth playing at this time.

When have you ever played a game where the "boss" fight was so boring that you just ignored it?

37 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Improve upon my strategy, but my suggestion was to advance the AI so we're not playing against an AI that simply spams recovery without offense. 

My last run was just for kicks and curiosity, but I ran into a slowbro that used slack off every turn until it couldn't, multiple pokemon with rest + full restore, and then simply poor attack move choices by the AI.

Bad design and not worth playing at this time.

When have you ever played a game where the "boss" fight was so boring that you just ignored it?

Im sure coding AIs behavior is easier said than done. The AI atm is already way harder than in normal games and I think DS is still very much working on improving their behavior etc. 2 updates ago they got buffed. Before this change NPCs also spammed healing items. Just not with rest. Anyway I think what I am trying to say is that it's a WIP much rather than a finished product. 

@Darkshade lf more hats

5 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

Im sure coding AIs behavior is easier said than done. The AI atm is already way harder than in normal games and I think DS is still very much working on improving their behavior etc. 2 updates ago they got buffed. Before this change NPCs also spammed healing items. Just not with rest. Anyway I think what I am trying to say is that it's a WIP much rather than a finished product. 

@Darkshade lf more hats

Undoubtedly a work in progress, but adding a little pressure, while annoying, ultimately  brings about action and also a general knowledge that something isn't right.