So when is the berry planting feature gonna be added?

redshadow6892

I respectfully disagree with your proposal, let me cite some of my viewpoints to your questions.

1. " The "euphoric effect" usually lasts no longer than 48 hours (maximum 1 week; minimum 1 second)."

My response:  The amassed euphoria effect is necessary to keep a other players fervent to play. 

2."The tactic of keeping people playing by "surprising" them with updates is a poor one. People stick around for the game, not what isn't in the game."

​My Response: Same as my response to number one. It keeps the players "hooked" to the game and await the special update.

3."Sure, people might be excited for new content (i.e. hoenn), but they won't necessarily play the game leading up to the update (some obviously will in preparation), but generally future updates aren't/shouldn't be the things that keep people around."

My Response: On the contrary, it is a good hooking mechanism for the player base to keep playing until that one special surprise is awaiting for you. It makes players play almost daily anticipating that special marvel update that has been making the players wait. Also (as far as I noticed), updates usually contrive of special goodies other than the berries. Basically, the updates keep players hooked to the game a bit longer just to wait for that one special moment.

Example to back up my responses Wal-Mart announces a brand new computer gaming tool and they will not tell people the date upon the release. Once this accessory releases (I am going to throw in some random names), you, Jayfeatskydd, Senile, and Tranzmaster (his voice sounds like an avid gamer) would be the first ones to bolt through Wal-Mart's doors in a non genteel matter. Now how would you know the date of the release, visit the Wal-Mart website (which Wal-Mart can put up ads for their products so that way you can make a list of what products to buy when you make that special trip to Wal-Mart)  and await for a sudden release.Wal-Mart might be amassed full of enchanted computer game players.

do me a favor and explain how this post has anything to do with berry planting? i'm enjoying this way too much

Edited by Malorne

do me a favor and explain how this post has anything to do with berry planting? i'm enjoying this way too much

You were talking about the berrry update, so I was explaining about the amassed euphoria that comes from the community when an update like this happens. If you reread the post you just quoted, I actually explain the reasons why this type of euphoria is needed to surprise the player base. The post you quoted is not off topic.

Asking over and over again for date of certain things is pointles

[spoiler] popcorn.jpg[/spoiler]

Enjoy.

I need that bowl of Popcorn.

I'll eat it forever while watching the devs.. awaiting the implementation of Berry planting...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.