[Sig][Contest] Signature Contest!

yo are we allowed to animate stuff? animated gifs are my method of obscuring my talent with stuff that moves

EDIT - shit wait others have animated it's fine please ignore i said nothing

Just to clear up the confusion since everyone is asking this question. Yes, you are allowed to use animation on your signature for those who are still wondering.

yo are we allowed to animate stuff? animated gifs are my method of obscuring my talent with stuff that moves

There's nothing in the rules against animation and gifs, they're also a key feature in a lot of people's style.

I also mentioned in a post on Page 2:

I won't take points away from those who don't use animation, but I won't give extra points to those who do.
Ever single entry will be marked equally.

IGN: DrCraig

hnGlVev.png

Here is the finished product, after some changes and frustration I really love the result. Not animated anymore, but I think it looks great.

Still S'cute

[spoiler]

Before Adding 'Curves 5' (Da Layer that made it gold)

T4gYbfo.gif

Old Proof:

[spoiler]a8ca1ca274d52199b61acc3b002bdb76.png12bd933b01580325621a0f411b4caee6.png[/spoiler]

New Proof

[spoiler]173eeda17f1bf1095f3ad3eedbcfaf43.png3d376165c840dd9c0a301d29e0bde695.png[/spoiler]

Gotta have them proofs[/spoiler]

Credit to Noad for being my critic!

Edited by DrCraig

better step aside guys, my art skills are 11/10

ia8clfZ.png

The red lines convey a bright intense feeling to the figures face. Its eyes are drawn with such delicateness to show its intense squinted eyes. The figures left arm is stretched far as it is releasing his quenched poke ball to reveal a Pokemon. Or rather; to catch a Pokemon? Such a inspiring piece of work you have there. My only critique is why did you decide to draw the figure nude with wearing only a hat?

Edited by SecretCandy

The red lines convey a bright intense feeling to the figures face. Its eyes are drawn with such delicateness to show its intense squinted eyes. The figures left arm is stretched far as it is releasing his quenched poke ball to reveal a Pokemon. Or rather; to catch a Pokemon? Such a inspiring piece of work you have there. My only critique is why did you decide to draw the figure nude with wearing only a hat?

Cuz his nude Trainer is so OP!!

The nude represents human weakness as a whole, while also representing humanity itself.

The nude show the dependence of humans on Pokemon. It shows how humans are left totally nude and poverty-stricken without a Pokemon partner to win battles and earn money for clothes, food and shelter shinies with.

The hat symbolises that even though the Pokemon trainer is poor for clothes, he still has a shelter on his head, meaning the universe protects all.

My opinion is this is a winning picture for anyone who would like try it:

[spoiler]

rkmwyx.jpg

[/spoiler]

and I was using wolverine for some ideas since it is a similar action pose:

[spoiler]

xdy2bo.png

[/spoiler]

I fiddled with it for a bit, but don't like anything I do as I start out rofl. I am tired of messing with it.

[spoiler]

qyg701.png

[/spoiler]

I like my background, but it's so vivid it takes away from scizor which is bad I think.

Anyway, For new artists, the things in the background above are called "c4d" and you can google search them and find them and use them as helpers in your art. However, you are not supposed to use a c4d only as the entire background of your piece because "It is boring to the eye". I sort of did that here, oops! I would need to tone that c4d down I think and add glowies/accents to scizor. First, to help scizor blend in with the piece all together as one and also accents especially on the big claw to make it pop out like wolverine claw I think. Those would be my first guesses trying to fix what I have so far.

I like these pictures below too. I think you could find some flow in them to make a cool entry. Scizor has the most undeniable flow though imo.

[spoiler]

29pdbg3.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

2u5uich.jpg

[/spoiler]

edit: this is all just my opinion and I am just "shooting the bullshoot". that scizor pic is good though.

Edited by bl0nde

@bl0nde 

Winning pic, hmmm?

Well if we're allowed to use pokemon drawings from dA in our sigs, I'll take that challenge.

And in that case, if it's allowed, I'd like to change my entry to this:

EDITED CAUSE DRCRAIG POINTED OUT A VAILD POINT

jocrdOA.png

Edited by Sabrenn