[GUI] Vulpix Dark Theme

I believe this is the theme I like best to date. Seriously, I've gone through them all and this takes the cake. Some had excellent colors and coordination like this theme, but they also had other things wrong with them like tacky images shoehorned in or just awful gradients and the like. Personally I'd love it even more if[spoiler]you made a vanilla alternate version which removes all the Vulpix stuff but everything else stays the same. Vulpix is cool and all but I'm not obsessed with it.[/spoiler]

Regardless, great job. This is already my new theme. Thanks for making it!

Thank you for your kind words :) I will take your suggestion into consideration as I am planning on building more themes upon this one maybe some of them will be more generic and not focused on a single pokemon. Or maybe for each pokemon theme i will provide more plain alternative. Thanks for suggesting! :)

New versions available
vulpix-dark-1.0.3 | vulpix-dark-plain

Issues implemented:
1) Minor visual fix - little close button visible behind trainer card
2) Created separate plain version of the theme - without vulpix images on some in game elements (for more info see first post) 

Download Original Version Here!
or
Download Plain Version Here!

Edited by slidingpanda

New version available
vulpix-dark-1.0.2

Issues implemented:
1) Fixed chat icons for CM, GM, etc. not showing up
2) Fixed team window GUI which was impossible to drag around unless you used the right spot.

[spoiler]
Issue 1) tested on CM icon only (Thank you CaptainGrey :) ) but I believe it should work on other staff icons too. Please confirm if possible. Thank you!
[/spoiler]

Download Here!

Great job slidingpanda! One of the only theme's i ever have thought is worth installing! Thanks for posting.

I would suggest making a green coloured theme with the same layout and everything. That would be cool. Anyway, good work!

New versions available
vulpix-dark-1.0.4 | vulpix-dark-plain-1.0.1

Issues implemented:
1) Fixed battle health progressbar so that opponent remaining HP is more visible
2) Changed exp progressbar color from red to purple

Preview
[spoiler]
cKmZ4jD.png
[/spoiler]

Download Original Version Here!
or
Download Plain Version Here!

Aaand one more thing

Thank you all for your kind words!  As for the questions about different color version I guess I can tell you right now that the next one coming will be blue colored spheal theme :) 

Edited by slidingpanda
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you so much for the kind words :)

It looks like there has been some major update recently. I checked my themes and they seem to continue to work correctly. Some newly added GUI windows may not be styled correctly (they will look like default theme) but it seems they are fully functional. I will probably be styling these new elements some time in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I have some Problems.

I use the Xb Controller and if I scroll down, he don't scroll to the End, had this Problem never with the normal Client.
Same Problem if I use S (using wasd) it show not the last items. only if I scroll down with the mouse.

ICgSf.png

default theme work without problems if I use S to go down. ÄÖÜ are missing in battle-font_00 , battle-level_00 and battle-tiny_00.

5D60e.png

The Item is called in German "Äther", but the "Ä" is missing:

okXfc.png

It is hard to see which attack is selected:

iKdce.png

I love red really, but I think its better if you change it to the Original yellow.

NAOze.png

I try to show it you, now you can see it good ;) I have no Idea where I can change it.

Same problem for item selection in the bag.

I hope I did not write to much wrong; my biggest problem is time past and simple present^^.
German problems...

Greetings

Dracken

I did change the sprite, but only the bag is changed :/

kxh2b.png

http://i.epvpimg.com/8vbxg.pngthis is my new version, but I think the second one at the bottom is wrong :/

http://i.epvpimg.com/JRuXg.pngtryed this now, but it is still red :/
hmmm

Edited by Dracken

Hi there Dracken! Thanks for your comment and finding these bugs. :) I'm planning to update this theme since there was an update so I will also try to look at your problems at the same time. I will try to fix the scrolling and add more characters or change the font for the one that has more international characters. I'm not planning on making the highlights yellow, though so if you want to change it you will have to do it for yourself. If I remember correctly the battle buttons are the big ones at the bottom but not the one you changed. The correct ones are on the right and are all grey. Then in theme code they are given hue in this case red. I'm afraid you might not be able to change it by changing images only. You need to make changes in the theme xml files to either change hue color for highlighted button (but then the whole button will be e.g. yellow) or assign new button to battle gui for example the ones on the bottom left. They are not using hue manipulation so you should be able to just draw yellow frame around it as you did. I'm sorry if my explanation is unclear but it's a bit complicated to change it the way you would like it to look.

I understand XML files I have Notepad++ I will look if I can work there.

<!-- Used for attack buttons @ Battle Frame -->
	<theme name="battle-move-button"  allowWildcard="true">
		<param name="font"><font>battle-font-small</font></param>
		<param name="font2"><font>battle-font-tiny</font></param>
		<param name=""><image>button-big-red.*</image></param>
		<param name="border"><border>0,10,5,0</border></param>
	</theme>

So if you Look at Line 6, what means the border?
And I found no image files with button big red, only the "sprites".

I found it in the file images.xml
You definate it at line 54

<alias name="button-big-red.hover" ref="button-big.hover" tint="#D30A44"/>

JqYeb.png

now its complete yellow, but I just wanted a small border :(

P.s.: Your message is better to read if you use some 'Enter' ;)

Edited by Dracken