So where are we going now? (Future Updates)

what happened to the android version u talked about end of last year?

Client is too inefficient atm and opengl es complicates things. Some of the pre-reqs (e.g. more efficient handling of character assets) will hit live next update, but unsure whether it's feasible within 2015.

Hey Kyu, how's it going

It is going

So where are we going?

We are going nowhere. How are we supposed to know where we are going anyway? The only bits of information we receive from devs come in small amounts and comes inconsistently. For some reason the devs work is a big secret that the community is too toxic to read. All we do is whine right? I think we need to go somewhere that the community is not viewed as toxic. I think the community, especially the forum community, should be tended to. We are the most active members of the small community the game has after all. Why is it too much work to actively reply to the community and at least try to please them. I mean don't get me wrong, I know there is somebody working somewhere on this game, but why is it done so passively in secret without significant input from us? Don't you want a damn happy community? Isn't that the point? If you don't then I guess we are heading where ThinkNice has stated before, where ever the fuck the devs want to go. They're the ones receiving the money after all.

Well, you've been on the forum for a week, and I really can't say how long you've played the game, but I've been pretty active in the community for a long time and in case you are wondering it's been half a year since our last update. I guess since you are new to the forum you haven't seen the lack of willingness to listen devs show. Might I ask you how 6 months is rushing for my little princess ass? How is half of a year rushing? I have no seems anything rushed, and that is not even the point. I mean it's fucking common sense bro, you make a game so people play it and they're happy. Why the hell would you want an angry community? I'm saying take a step back and reflect on how you could turn this negative community tidal wave around but some people are too naive to see it.

Wow so we haven't had an update in 6 months and have been notified of 2 'significant' changes, one of which was revealed this week. So much communication yo.

I believe that the devs should be more open with what they are doing. Even if it is just minor stuff knowing whats going on more often would make the 6 month w8 for the update less painful. Ofc there are things that cant be exposed too early like the breeding changes. But it would help with community relations if they werent so hush hush about everything most of the time. With thst being said it would be a lot easier for the devs to be more open if the community didnt atk them every chance they get.

Sorry for the late quote, muted and all

In mid-late 2013 I made a very big post in GD that was about updates. Although, it actually wasn't . It was about the way or rather lack of communication from staff members to us. I tried, to find it. I don't know why it got deleted. I've searched here and in trash but it's not there anymore. In any case, I was talking about exactly these points. And this was what, almost two years ago? Did something change? Yeah, for the first two months after that post things changed, then it got back to 'normal' again. It hasn't changed for two years even when it has been addressed multiple times. At this point there is no reason for me to put any effort into this anymore. I don't want to play a game that is eventually going to kill itself and where I'm only going to be frustrated by the way things are handled.

I would just like you to consider that nothing has changed in two years and that is has been brought up multiple times. Up to you what you think of it.

I would just like you to consider that nothing has changed in two years and that is has been brought up multiple times. Up to you what you think of it.

Ladies and Gentlemen : ThinkNice, my favourite member of this community. 

Edited by bearminator
  • 2 weeks later...

So .. since the PTS ended a few days ago and still no sign of an update + staff said there won't be another PTS (most likely anyway) before the update could someone from the devs give us an estimated arrival time of the long waited update ? would be very appreciated even if its a roughly estimated time doesn't have to be an exact time.

So .. since the PTS ended a few days ago and still no sign of an update + staff said there won't be another PTS (most likely anyway) before the update could someone from the devs give us an estimated arrival time of the long waited update ? would be very appreciated even if its a roughly estimated time doesn't have to be an exact time.

Well from my personal opinion and thoughts, in this second PTS there were not found so many bugs like in the first PTS and the ones we found were really simple, also I read somewhere (too lazy to search for it) a comment from Kyu I think, that they wouldn't add something else that could delay this update that much longer so I think (and Hope xD) it wont take too much, but I could be wrong ofc

Well from my personal opinion and thoughts, in this second PTS there were not found so many bugs like in the first PTS and the ones we found were really simple, also I read somewhere (too lazy to search for it) a comment from Kyu I think, that they wouldn't add something else that could delay this update that much longer so I think (and Hope xD) it wont take too much, but I could be wrong ofc

Yeah i read that too ( the thing about berry planting being a too much time sink ) that's why i was wondering what's keeping the update from hitting the live till now and when will it be.

Yeah i read that too ( the thing about berry planting being a too much time sink ) that's why i was wondering what's keeping the update from hitting the live till now and when will it be.

Waiting on some things from Shu (Related to addons and UI.) In the meantime, Desu's doing some things to help support non-english players. 

When they're both done, update will happen.

Waiting on some things from Shu (Related to addons and UI.) In the meantime, Desu's doing some things to help support non-english players. 

When they're both done, update will happen.

Ok, thanks a lot for replaying and letting us know. GL & best wishes

• 3 weeks later...

How close are we to the next pts? Its been a while since we were updated on progress.

This ^ I know u guys really work hard but honestly this is driving me crazy. I'm an obsessed breeder and I breed and I breed and I breed and I need confirmed ivs T.T
  • 4 weeks later...

Things that need to be done in the next update imo:

- Fix for the horrible Trainer Battle Theme in Kanto

- Gym leader and Champion themes

- Berry planting

- Fix for the Mega Punch visual glitch

By the way, if you guys need any german translators, send me a PM. I'd be happy to help!

edit: Here you can see that I'm actually good at translating things:

b5d3f6a90cc8fa72e49e022449e19d80.png

Edited by Cyen

Things that need to be done in the next update imo:

- Fix for the horrible Trainer Battle Theme in Kanto

- Gym leader and Champion themes

- Berry planting

- Fix for the Mega Punch visual glitch

By the way, if you guys need any german translators, send me a PM. I'd be happy to help!

Contests, Milotic please.