So where are we going now? (Future Updates)

Are the devs working like 24/7 or just on spare time? I know java since, well, since it was created. Finish Hoenn and start Johto is no small job, you also need testers to make sure there is no obvious bugs like dupe/hack itens and pokemon, one wrong update and congratulations pokemmo is over. But unless is a one man job I don't see why it should take months to do. It's easy coding and there is the other pokemon online (the one that closed in 2010) source available too. The very least they could do is a devs blog, at least it would motivate me to donate. Cause really I can't support a game where staff acts like "if you dont like just leave, we dont need to provide u anything u play because u want to" (thats what a CM told me ingame). That's not really a successful business model to follow, seen this 1000 times... 

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible for you to provide evidence of this?

sounds like something i would say... Congratulate that edgy CM for me before he gets fired.

@Viersell: I think the post is pretty clear why... Again, very constructive Viersell.

thank you for demonstrating why suggestion box needs 25 posts. Edited by Malorne

sounds like something i would say... Congratulate that edgy CM for me before he gets fired.thank you for demonstrating why suggestion box needs 25 posts.

Totally off topic YOLO People who have been on the forums forever repost suggestions all the time. The rule us dumb imo and just encourages people to spam the forums like that guy did.

]

Totally off topic YOLO People who have been on the forums forever repost suggestions all the time. The rule us dumb imo and just encourages people to spam the forums like that guy did.

spam=warning point/content ban, fuck if i care lol let em try
Plus; we can determine who is cancerous or not, like that guy for example Edited by Malorne
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay now that the pts is over (i think its over) im wondering a few things maybe some one can answer

Is there gonna be another pts b4 the update or do we have an update to look forward to in the next couple of weeks.
Will the battle frontier be in the next update or was it too buggy/unbalanced
Are you going to w8 until the missing components, battle tent and such, are fixed (if they werent already) b4 implementing the frontier.
If the battle frontier needs a lot of work can we get narrowed ivs, and the pokemon item changes w/o the frontier? (bc that shit worked perfectly imo)

Edited by codylramey

Okay now that the pts is over (i think its over) im wondering a few things maybe some one can answer

Is there gonna be another pts b4 the update or do we have an update to look forward to in the next couple of weeks.

There is a possibility that there may be another PTS.

Will the battle frontier be in the next update or was it too buggy/unbalanced

We hope to fix the bugs that exist and release the next update with the Battle Frontier included.

Are you going to w8 until the missing components, battle tent and such, are fixed (if they werent already) b4 implementing the frontier.

The Battle Tents were available to play in the PTS, it's too early to tell if the whole Frontier will make it into the update.

If the battle frontier needs a lot of work can we get narrowed ivs, and the pokemon item changes w/o the frontier? (bc that shit worked perfectly imo)

This coincides with my answer to your second question.

New physical moves For Flareon 

Flareon kinda sucks on its learnset :huh:  

We won't be handing out moves that are non-canonical.

Are the devs working like 24/7 or just on spare time? I know java since, well, since it was created. Finish Hoenn and start Johto is no small job, you also need testers to make sure there is no obvious bugs like dupe/hack itens and pokemon, one wrong update and congratulations pokemmo is over. But unless is a one man job I don't see why it should take months to do. It's easy coding and there is the other pokemon online (the one that closed in 2010) source available too. The very least they could do is a devs blog, at least it would motivate me to donate.

Actually, it's quite a large task even for experienced developers. They had spent a large chunk of time rewriting the Themable Widget Library to suit their needs, which is also a Java based project. Additionally they have to add in compatibility with several different models of graphics cards, usually less than 10 years old, and also ensure that the client reads from the ROM properly. Then you have to issue of ensuring secure and reliable communication over the internet. Then you have to get the client to pull data from the server to override the ROM in some instances.

It's quite a hefty project and from what I understand they work on it in their spare time and they are not looking to expand the ranks of developers either. The reason for not wanting other developers is due to trust issues. The core group has worked together many times in the past and trust each other looking over the source code. Adding other people to the mix could cause some big problems.