So where are we going now? (Future Updates)

Well, you've been on the forum for a week, and I really can't say how long you've played the game, but I've been pretty active in the community for a long time and in case you are wondering it's been half a year since our last update. I guess since you are new to the forum you haven't seen the lack of willingness to listen devs show. Might I ask you how 6 months is rushing for my little princess ass? How is half of a year rushing? I have no seems anything rushed, and that is not even the point. I mean it's fucking common sense bro, you make a game so people play it and they're happy. Why the hell would you want an angry community? I'm saying take a step back and reflect on how you could turn this negative community tidal wave around but some people are too naive to see it.

I'm an alt of someone from early 2k13, and I know a lot of stuff about the devs and things like that. I'm just saying if people stop asking for updates, the devs might be more willing to do them. Because when we complain too much, the devs may think we're ungrateful.

I'm an alt of someone from early 2k13, and I know a lot of stuff about the devs and things like that. I'm just saying if people stop asking for updates, the devs might be more willing to do them. Because when we complain too much, the devs may think we're ungrateful.

I doubt they are doing it out of spite lol

No. Look people have every right to conplain. For me it's not the lack of updates. I'd be completely fine if they just gave us constant updates on what they're working on, what's completed, etc.. They had a nice dev log page for awhile and I think I can speak for most of us when I say they should have kept it going. Craig knows what they're going isn't easy, but like a said, doesn't mean he can't be disappointed. Edited by Otulp

No. Look people have every right to conplain. For me it's not the lack of updates. I'd be completely fine if they just gave us constant updates on what they're working on, what's completed, etc.. They had a nice dev log page for awhile and I think I can speak for most of us when I say they should have kept it going. Craig knows what they're going isn't easy, but like a said, doesn't mean he can't be disappointed.

battle timer, battle frontier, both have been mentioned recently as things being worked on

battle timer, battle frontier, both have been mentioned recently as things being worked on

Wow so we haven't had an update in 6 months and have been notified of 2 'significant' changes, one of which was revealed this week. So much communication yo.

Edited by DrCraig

Wow so we haven't had an update in 6 months and have been notified of 2 'significant' changes, one of which was revealed this week. So much communication yo.

i mean, there was the pts, that a ton of stuff in the update notes for it less than a month ago.

I believe that the devs should be more open with what they are doing. Even if it is just minor stuff knowing whats going on more often would make the 6 month w8 for the update less painful. Ofc there are things that cant be exposed too early like the breeding changes. But it would help with community relations if they werent so hush hush about everything most of the time. With thst being said it would be a lot easier for the devs to be more open if the community didnt atk them every chance they get.

glossing over the fact that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, your last sentence is just flat out wrong - the devs don't rush the updates because of complaints from the community. That's been proven in the past when the entire community whined begged for a rain dance bug fix, and the devs sat on it for ~5 months even though it was confirmed to already be fixed. They just didn't wanna take the server down for only one fix (lel see how quickly that changed when they had to cover their ass with the FAQ changes?)

Alright, let me just clarify a few things.

First off, the only changes done for the FAQ were client side. This did not involve restarting/updating the server itself. This client update was not simply for the FAQ. It also fixed a few important connection related issues. (Where you would hang at login/server select during certain networking conditions)

The reason why we don't just 'update' the server with various bug fixes, is that it requires either a full update (Client+Server including things in the middle of being worked on; Not feasible) or manually backporting fixes into the current live server version. This isn't as simple as just rebooting the server, and comes with the risk of introducing additional/worse bugs.

Could this still be done? Sure, but it is not our operating procedure.

lmao, the staff is getting thin in numbers...

Since most people probably won't thank you for your work in the Bug Report section, allow me, as a player, to say thank you for what you've done =D

I always say the same thing, somtimes they're really harsh with them even when they try and they do the best they can, but anyways..

Alright, let me just clarify a few things.

First off, the only changes done for the FAQ were client side. This did not involve restarting/updating the server itself. This client update was not simply for the FAQ. It also fixed a few important connection related issues. (Where you would hang at login/server select during certain networking conditions)

The reason why we don't just 'update' the server with various bug fixes, is that it requires either a full update (Client+Server including things in the middle of being worked on; Not feasible) or manually backporting fixes into the current live server version. This isn't as simple as just rebooting the server, and comes with the risk of introducing additional/worse bugs.

Could this still be done? Sure, but it is not our operating procedure.

Well, I'm not gonna pretend like I understood any of that so I'll take your word for it

Sprite customization support (pulls sprite from your game client folder rather than from the ROM).

Music customization support (pulls music files from your game client folder rather than from the ROM).

Music customization would be amazing!