So where are we going now? (Future Updates)

We're aiming for 1 PTS/mo for the rest of the patch cycle, but not sure if that's going to happen. Chess timer thing for PvP that people were whinging about ate up a large amount of time due to the server not knowing the client timings required to make it accurate. Beyond that, not much has changed compared to last PTS and we may not run one for a while.

Aww, poor devs. Forced to fix a giant error in their game just because the entire community was "whining" about it.

I mean its eastly to overlook things. Also, i may be wrong, but the afk timer didnt use to be used in officials the way it is now so seeing when it was about to pop up may not have been necessary.

my concern isn't that they overlooked anything - when the afk button clause became a problem, a few threads in comp alley were made about it and the overwhelming (nearly unanimous iirc) consensus was that a visual timer was absolutely necessary for the rule to be enforced. This was a big deal, too, since the rule is important to keep match lengths in check, which in turn keeps tournament length in check, which in turn takes pressure off staff members running the tournaments and allows them to host tourneys more frequently. In other words, the afk chess timer is an important game addition that helps both players and staff.

But apparently all that was just the toxic community "whining" until we got our way

So where are we going?

We are going nowhere. How are we supposed to know where we are going anyway? The only bits of information we receive from devs come in small amounts and comes inconsistently. For some reason the devs work is a big secret that the community is too toxic to read. All we do is whine right? I think we need to go somewhere that the community is not viewed as toxic. I think the community, especially the forum community, should be tended to. We are the most active members of the small community the game has after all. Why is it too much work to actively reply to the community and at least try to please them. I mean don't get me wrong, I know there is somebody working somewhere on this game, but why is it done so passively in secret without significant input from us? Don't you want a damn happy community? Isn't that the point? If you don't then I guess we are heading where ThinkNice has stated before, where ever the fuck the devs want to go. They're the ones receiving the money after all.

Aww, poor devs. Forced to fix a giant error in their game just because the entire community was "whining" about it.

So where are we going?

We are going nowhere. How are we supposed to know where we are going anyway? The only bits of information we receive from devs come in small amounts and comes inconsistently. For some reason the devs work is a big secret that the community is too toxic to read. All we do is whine right? I think we need to go somewhere that the community is not viewed as toxic. I think the community, especially the forum community, should be tended to. We are the most active members of the small community the game has after all. Why is it too much work to actively reply to the community and at least try to please them. I mean don't get me wrong, I know there is somebody working somewhere on this game, but why is it done so passively in secret without significant input from us? Don't you want a damn happy community? Isn't that the point? If you don't then I guess we are heading where ThinkNice has stated before, where ever the fuck the devs want to go. They're the ones receiving the money after all.

I was more referring to mods whinging at us through private correspondence but if you want to take it personally go for it. 

It's a fully fledged competitive or 'Showdown-style' timer.

For those unfamiliar with the concept, look up https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_clock

Was the whining comment not a joke? It made me chuckle.

Yeah. This type of overreaction is why I don't post often.

I was more referring to mods whinging at us through private correspondence but if you want to take it personally go for it. 

For those unfamiliar with the concept, look up https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_clock

Yeah. This type of overreaction is why I don't post often.

Funny, I didn't even know "whinging" was a word - I thought you just mispelled whining. I felt bad for a moment, until I looked it up and it means basically the same thing. And you referred to it as "people" whinging - it's kind of odd to go back now and say 'no no, I was just talking about mods!' I did take it pretty personally, since I'm the one who made the comp alley thread requesting a timer.

If it was meant as a joke, then you have odd timing, considering the plethora of staff errors over the last couple weeks and the obvious tension between you "superiors" and the community. I'm sure kudasai's "I don't care" video in response to the OT concerns was also a joke, right?

So what is the goal of this clock? Like if someone breaks time clause will there be a winner based off from who took the longest to make their moves.

if you have ever played showdown and somebody activates the battle timer, its just like that, except always on

No this is like a chess timer. It clocks how each individual person takes to make a move. Atleast thats what the wiki said.

if it's like the showdown timer, then it'll take into account how long you're taking to make a move and reduce your timer accordingly. For example, if you're constnatly letting the timer go down to, say, 10 seconds before moving, you'll start each new turn with less time to make your move. That's how showdown's timer works, at least

Edited by Gunthug

if it's like the showdown timer, then it'll take into account how long you're taking to make a move and reduce your timer accordingly. For example, if you're constnatly letting the timer go down to, say, 10 seconds before moving, you'll start each new turn with less time to make your move. That's how showdown's timer works, at least

oh that would be cool.

I love how people get so angry about the mmo not running their way lol BC rude comments always make progress in an online community.....BTW I still want a way to gamble in pvp help me out here devs

For selfish reasons I wouldn't mind a drizzle politoad....poor guy doesn't get any respect without it XD

Seems minor/silly but I would love to see customization in battle, for example my character is dark skinned with flaming red hair, however when she's in battle she's pale with brown hair and is...a boy, hehe. I wonder if this is something that would be possible in the future?

Seems minor/silly but I would love to see customization in battle, for example my character is dark skinned with flaming red hair, however when she's in battle she's pale with brown hair and is...a boy, hehe. I wonder if this is something that would be possible in the future?

It's definitely possible and something we may do in the future.

So where are we going?

We are going nowhere. How are we supposed to know where we are going anyway? The only bits of information we receive from devs come in small amounts and comes inconsistently. For some reason the devs work is a big secret that the community is too toxic to read. All we do is whine right? I think we need to go somewhere that the community is not viewed as toxic. I think the community, especially the forum community, should be tended to. We are the most active members of the small community the game has after all. Why is it too much work to actively reply to the community and at least try to please them. I mean don't get me wrong, I know there is somebody working somewhere on this game, but why is it done so passively in secret without significant input from us? Don't you want a damn happy community? Isn't that the point? If you don't then I guess we are heading where ThinkNice has stated before, where ever the fuck the devs want to go. They're the ones receiving the money after all.

There is so much wrong with this. Hey Craig, I wanna see you try to get this game as far as it is. Everything takes time and to be honest I'm fine with waiting. Heck, I'm happy when there are bug fixes even because that makes the game better. Don't be pissed off at the devs, be pissed at yourself. Crying about the fact that the staff gets money really doesn't make sense. They aren't leeching off of us at all, and if they are who are you to be so sad? It's win/win for you and the staff. Trying to disclaim yourself by stating one good point out of your 10 bad ones is not a good thing to do. Have some reason for complaining, don't cry because the ones working on this game aren't spoon feeding you. People like you are the reason that there are updates that aren't 100% because the devs have to rush just to please your little princess ass.

Sorry for ranting, I'm just really confused about DrCraig's points.

There is so much wrong with this. Hey Craig, I wanna see you try to get this game as far as it is. Everything takes time and to be honest I'm fine with waiting. Heck, I'm happy when there are bug fixes even because that makes the game better. Don't be pissed off at the devs, be pissed at yourself. Crying about the fact that the staff gets money really doesn't make sense. They aren't leeching off of us at all, and if they are who are you to be so sad? It's win/win for you and the staff. Trying to disclaim yourself by stating one good point out of your 10 bad ones is not a good thing to do. Have some reason for complaining, don't cry because the ones working on this game aren't spoon feeding you. People like you are the reason that there are updates that aren't 100% because the devs have to rush just to please your little princess ass.

Well, you've been on the forum for a week, and I really can't say how long you've played the game, but I've been pretty active in the community for a long time and in case you are wondering it's been half a year since our last update. I guess since you are new to the forum you haven't seen the lack of willingness to listen devs show. Might I ask you how 6 months is rushing for my little princess ass? How is half of a year rushing? I have no seems anything rushed, and that is not even the point. I mean it's fucking common sense bro, you make a game so people play it and they're happy. Why the hell would you want an angry community? I'm saying take a step back and reflect on how you could turn this negative community tidal wave around but some people are too naive to see it.

glossing over the fact that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, your last sentence is just flat out wrong - the devs don't rush the updates because of complaints from the community. That's been proven in the past when the entire community whined begged for a rain dance bug fix, and the devs sat on it for ~5 months even though it was confirmed to already be fixed. They just didn't wanna take the server down for only one fix (lel see how quickly that changed when they had to cover their ass with the FAQ changes?)