So where are we going now? (Future Updates)

On one of my recent conversations on skype with the devs they let slip that there was gonna be a wilderness area where you could duel other players and risk losing your pokes permanently if you lose but if you win you get an assortment of useful berries, i might get in trouble for releasing this info to the public though

I like it, you have my full support

hoenn has been here for a while now (and its really well done imo) and no im not impatient, i m just interested in what the Devs have in mind where the focus will be on the next future updates since it has been very quiet recently :( Since Kyu posted he didnt like the idea of an official monthly devlog that much maybe he doesnt mind to give us some insight ;)

Secondary hoenn mechanics / Cosmetics for next update primarily.

Dev time has been strained due to upcoming infrastructure changes. We've been facing consistent denial of service attacks for the past few months and we've had to get creative as to how we mitigate them, so that's eaten up several weeks' worth of dev time over the past 2 months.

Battle Frontier is in testing by mods atm. Purely PvE at the moment, but we may end up going a PvE/PvP hybrid for some of tents. A lot of the game modes provided by this are very gimmicky and would struggle to sustain a playerbase though, so not very high priority.

Berries' mechanics are written up but waiting on myself to populate data for them. 

Cosmetic items are being overhauled and if the stars align/Russia doesn't initiate WW3, Darkshade might finally get PokeMMO Sprites v17 done before 2016.

I'd really like to have Contests at least partially done for next update but it has the pre-req of Berries and blox so probably won't get done.

Next update should probably occur some time around May though if everything goes according to plan. I'm not paying much attention to the forums lately aside from Support tasks, so feel free to give me a PM if you're curious or want to discuss upcoming features for the game.

Secondary hoenn mechanics / Cosmetics for next update primarily.

Dev time has been strained due to upcoming infrastructure changes. We've been facing consistent denial of service attacks for the past few months and we've had to get creative as to how we mitigate them, so that's eaten up several weeks' worth of dev time over the past 2 months.

Battle Frontier is in testing by mods atm. Purely PvE at the moment, but we may end up going a PvE/PvP hybrid for some of tents. A lot of the game modes provided by this are very gimmicky and would struggle to sustain a playerbase though, so not very high priority.

Berries' mechanics are written up but waiting on myself to populate data for them. 

Cosmetic items are being overhauled and if the stars align/Russia doesn't initiate WW3, Darkshade might finally get PokeMMO Sprites v17 done before 2016.

I'd really like to have Contests at least partially done for next update but it has the pre-req of Berries and blox so probably won't get done.

Next update should probably occur some time around May though if everything goes according to plan. I'm not paying much attention to the forums lately aside from Support tasks, so feel free to give me a PM if you're curious or want to discuss upcoming features for the game.

>posted on April 1st

Yeah ok dude whatever

Alright. I know you confirmed IV narrowing as something you plan to do, but not this next update. Thanks for the info kyu :)

I think the joke changelog may have some actual clues in them

I think the equipment enchanting is a neat idea and would have a lot of potential to be a great added game feature. If you add durability to items after they are enchanted then the system would add another consumable item that the player makes themselves. The higher tier more expensive cosmetics like donor cosmetics should have a higher durability than the cheaper ones you buy in store. Also i would like the idea of stackable effects (higher encounter rate and repel effect would be cool to stack for things like mudkip and chansey hunting). I know that changelog was just a joke but id be really happy if i saw that implemented in the game (except the higher IV effect). There are so many effects that can be done, and the ingredients to do it can be a combination of berries and shards.

Overhauled Cosmetics sounds good :) maybe even change the blend mode from color to a different

or simply use white assets to determine the lightness of an item once added a color to it so it really is the color you want it to be :p

theres so many options for cosmetics, id go all wild in creating the fanciest hairs, bysicles, cars, wings, hats, tails, and so on...

If they ever do automated statistics i think it just be individual ranks like in the book in your moms house. I would like it most if the system was mostly built around tracking team data though. Maybe you could have a second book that took ranks off the individual player list. The second book uses the data to formulate automated team ranks.

The reason I think it is important is because so much of the game already revolves around team (round table, display team tag in game, etc.) to have all these team things but no way to compare teams other than made up point systems/speculation is a waste. I like your list jj, but official in game list would be nice (hope u agree).

Overhauled Cosmetics sounds good :) maybe even change the blend mode from color to a different

or simply use white assets to determine the lightness of an item once added a color to it so it really is the color you want it to be :p

theres so many options for cosmetics, id go all wild in creating the fanciest hairs, bysicles, cars, wings, hats, tails, and so on...

just no white overcoats plz.
  • 3 weeks later...

I really hope we get 2v2
Person 1 and person 2 vs person 3 and person 4
3 pokes each person for a total of 6.
I have no idea if they are working on this anytime soon or in the very near future but i know they are busy with other stuff right now so i will continue to wait.
(Inb4 waiting till 2018)

Edited by jerryzoo

I really hope we get 2v2
Person 1 and person 2 vs person 3 and person 4
3 pokes each person for a total of 6.
I have no idea if they are working on this anytime soon or in the very near future but i know they are busy with other stuff right now so i will continue to wait.
(Inb4 waiting till 2018)

theres a suggestion for it if you would like to show your support https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/1100-co-op-double-battles/