[UU Discussion] Tauros (Banned from UU to BL)

tbh not quite sure why there isn't one for this bull already, but oh well.

I feel like I'm becoming the new Craig slowly

e9a075ae8d04a72cd3ad3e163dd53a4d.png

Notable Moves:

Earthquake

Pursuit

Return

Double Edge

Rock Tomb (rip Rock Slide / dat speed drop)

Quick Attack (dem priority)

Bring in Tauros, drop your foes attack, crush them with a CB Double-Edge.

Got a ghost issue? Trap them with no issue today with a Pursuit, they're trapped taking Pursuits to the day they die.

About to get swept? No problemo, I'll just QA that issue away!

You can run Adamant if you want to hit even harder, or for a little less power, go Jolly and hit a 178 max speed.

Discuss.

Yeah no good steel types to really stop the normal types in the tier. Steelix is 2hko'ed by earthquake which is problematic and no cloyster/forretress to take physical attacks either. Basically rely on predictions with ghost types and hope the tauros user doesn't have an absol which is a quick death for those ghost types. Too bad tauros won't get banned until after the first UU tournament at least

high speed + prioty skill totaly put a pressure where it shouldnt, and we are taking about a poke that does well even in OU[as lead]. Ofc de comes with recoil but if u have to lose 3 pokes to low it down its not realy a strategy there, plus as lead intimiadte forces opponents almost always to switch out since no physical sweeper would stay vs intimidate and special sweepers doesnt stand a chance either, since they dont ohko it but gets ohko'ed

Edited by liotec
  • 2 weeks later...

The UU Council has decided to ban Tauros to BL (or in the case of PokeMMO to OU).

We feel like Tauros is banworthy under the Offensive Characteristic as it is able to sweep most of the meta without too much trouble.

Intimidate choice band makes it the strongest lead in UU and due to the lack of steel types it can run rampant in the UU meta.

Ghosts do not wall it due to Pursuit nor does Steelix due to Earthquake.

On behalf of the UU Council I'd like to apologize for taking such a long time to make a decision and also thank the community for their patience and input.

Tauros is now banned to BL (OU)

• Munya pinned this topic