Improve move relearner

ShucklePwnz

Question

Let us relearn moves from past evolutions.

This would be a nice thing to have so we don't need to make a whole new comp just to have a move from the past evolutions your pokémon has.

Per example, I have a mainly Physical Arcanine which was made way before the split, however with Crunch now being Physical it would be a nice move to have, but Arcanine can't relearn it and Growlithe can, so I would need a whole new comp just to get Crunch which kind of sucks IMO.

There are other examples, like if someone has a comp Slaking but now he wants to get Fury Swipes(call it gimmick, whatever) he also needs to make a new one just for one move.

I'm sure there is also other situations but I'm kinda lazy to research what pokémons would benefit from it.

I think there is no problem with this idea, it would just slightly reduce grinding(which needs to be reduced IMO).

Edited by ShucklePwnz

8 answers to this question

This list can include moves like fake out on Ludicolo, and possibly the examples are endless. We really need this, it''s a shame that we have to go though all of the breeding effort just to get a move back.

Yeah, that's one of bad sides of breeding. And after split many old comps can't gain alternative moves such as Slackoff(on place of rest) on Slowking or Double-Edge on Flareon, learned by lvling on Eevee after gen 4 (dunno if can be learned via tutor, dont have flareon on dex atm, but that's not the point of the problem).

And i don't know if rule "if both parents have same move, it's passed on egg" is still working, can anyone prove that this rule is real? I mean for example megahorn passed on egg rhyhorn etc.

Doing a quick bump on this one, I would love to have a feedback from any GM.

It would be great if this have any chance to be implemented, because honestly its not much to ask.

Losing a pokémon potential because of either a misclick(imagine teaching Thunderpunch to Breloom and misclicking on Spore as example) or the pokémon simply having an Outdated moveset sucks so bad.