[Audio] Music Workshop

Hey guys! I'm Mike and I'm a composer studying Music Technology in South Wales.

I'd like to build a portfolio of music to help boost my career in composition or to even put out on the public music library, but running out of inspiration lately. Writer's block, you may say.

If anyone has any requests for soundtrack pieces or little tunes for their work, I'd be happy to oblige, as long as the project isn't too huge with some sort of looming deadline on it. I'd have to steal all your money for that kind of work! I've got lots of projects on at university myself.

That being said, I'm happy to write any genre from orchestral to electronic, Latin and Spanish music to Japanese soundscapes. I'd be happy to do projects such as soundtracks for small independent games, short introduction tunes for your YouTube channel or a soundtrack for your short film (university projects maybe?).

I don't have a massive portfolio at the moment, but I'll upload what I have to SoundCloud sometime soon. Until then, you can email me asking for examples.

Don't feel pressured to accept whatever garbage I throw at you. If you request pieces and don't like what you hear, you can ask for new ones or suggest modifications. The old ones won't go to waste, they'll just go into my portfolio. Don't be afraid to let me know what you want. :)

Private message me for my email address.

Also, if quite a few requests appear on this thread, you may have to expect a waiting time. Though I can usually knock out about 5-10 minutes of prepared soundtrack in a few hours. It's just a question of if I can find the hours. This thread may only get one request a year anyway. :P

EDIT: If you're requesting soundtracks for video games or films, please send me the films or demos of the game via my email! I don't like working blind. :P

EDIT2: No Covers. It can be difficult to find sheets for the original material or to learn it by ear. I also don't have the rights to the original material and therefore can't use it in my portfolio. I'd rather write original work for projects.

Scrap that. It's fun. Request away.

For any work completed and sent to you, please remember that Copyright applies. Don't sell my music separately.

MY NEW SOUNDCLOUD ACCOUNT! :D

Edited by Caledfwlch

A request for music? An epic (orchestral?) version of the RSE regi theme?

Okay, I'll try that for you MrGloriousWalrus because you're a swell guy!

I'll quickly edit my top post though and say I'd rather not do covers, since it requires me learning the original material or finding sheets for it, which can be difficult sometimes! I also then can't use it in my portfolio because it's not my work. I'd rather write original stuff! But for you, MrWalrus, anything. Give me until Tuesday Wednesday evening.

Edited by Caledfwlch

More tunes have been uploaded to my Soundcloud! Now you guys can have a decent preview of how I write. I'll be revisiting tracks I created before and giving them a makeover with decent instrument samples and a proper mixdown and I'll get them up. Got some energetic tunes to come!

https://soundcloud.com/mjcedwards

Edited by Caledfwlch
  • Kizhaz locked this topic