[Denied] Allow Pokemon to learn 6 attacks

I've always thought that Pokémon should learn more than just 4 attacks so maybe if you guys agree,

after attaining a certain number of badges, or reaching a high enough level allow a Pokémon to learn 6 attacks rather than just 4, maybe have a set level for all Pokémon (similar to evolving) where they can learn 1 extra attack, raising their total to 5 and then again to 6 when they reach a different level.

No.

No. Why would you even suggest that? That never happened in the original game, and there is no reason to, also the game would be changes a lot. MY Exeggutor could have both a solarbeam set with sunny day, and leech seed, giga drain, psychic, and sleep powder.

Also, Alakazam could have recover, calm mind, thief, psychic, and shock wave.

the game would be changed too much. No developer should be wasting time on making this game a noob game for you, scrub.

NO! The thought of you asking this question makes me shiver in anger. Do you realise why they made PokeMMO? And what they want it to become? This is going against all logic of Pokemon. No no NOOOOOOOO D:

*If this is to harsh then read it with a soft, calm and slow voice*

Why stop at the entire movepool/TM list?

I was just about to make a thread suggesting custom moves.

Example:

X-scissor+

Type: ???

PP: 40

Accuracy: 100

BP: 150

Secondary Effect: Changes type to match the weakness of the opponent. If the opponent has a double weakness, hits twice. User always receives STAB.

This thread's tags:

Moves TMs HMs Abilities Ability Attacks Six Badges Badge

The only ones that are accurate:

Moves Attacks Six

that would change some some basic things of pokemon. its like increasing the amount of party members to 10 for ex.

a good reason not to change it is, because it would imbalance the game. some pokes would benefit massively from 6 attacks and others wont. so those pokemon who profit the most will be the strongest and seen in most of the partys. currently, there are like almost no bad pokes or pokes who are by far better than others. dont destroy the balance!

I always found the idea of only knowing four moves to be rather annoying... Why not make it so that out of battle you decide which four moves the Pokemon will use in the next fight. Swap and drop I say instead of allowing them six moves you just allow them to remember all their attacks and then you are limited to using preselected ones before battle. If anything I feel that this would make more sense then giving two extra moves or having a pokemon regulated to forgetting what they've already learned.

For those who QQ saying it's not in the original game! Well this isn't the original game, we have something we can make better then the originals. It's time to move past dated gameplay and move onto something more unique.

I always found the idea of only knowing four moves to be rather annoying... Why not make it so that out of battle you decide which four moves the Pokemon will use in the next fight. Swap and drop I say instead of allowing them six moves you just allow them to remember all their attacks and then you are limited to using preselected ones before battle. If anything I feel that this would make more sense then giving two extra moves or having a pokemon regulated to forgetting what they've already learned.

For those who QQ saying it's not in the original game! Well this isn't the original game, we have something we can make better then the originals. It's time to move past dated gameplay and move onto something more unique.

So you want to change the core game mechanics that the entire meta and every game has been based off, because....?

So you want to change the core game mechanics that the entire meta and every game has been based off, because....?

It's not so much changing core game mechanics then it is adding a new feature to enhance said mechanics. To be blunt why should you be regulated to using the same four moves every time when you could change up the move set and make it so that you can keep refining your play style to be ever evolving, I can't understand how this concept is hard to grasp.

It's not so much changing core game mechanics then it is adding a new feature to enhance said mechanics. To be blunt why should you be regulated to using the same four moves every time when you could change up the move set and make it so that you can keep refining your play style to be ever evolving, I can't understand how this concept is hard to grasp.

Because part of the strategy is picking only 4 moves. You have to be very selective, that's the whole point.

I feel this would turn wallers into gods.

Because part of the strategy is picking only 4 moves. You have to be very selective, that's the whole point.

I feel this would turn wallers into gods.

I do believe you misunderstand what I'm saying. I'm not saying get rid of the four move dynamic of the game, if anything I'm saying to keep it and enhance it allowing you to swap each move out with prelearned ones. Now I'm also not implying you should be able to do something like this willy nilly, every feature needs a way to regulate this so that players can't just swap out moves in a tournament. Perhaps adding a feature to the PC where you have to put your Pokemon in there to swap out the moves and then they have a cool down until they can be swapped again. This would minimize any potential for people to abuse this to their advantage and also keep it so that you have to put some thought into which moves your Pokemon will use otherwise you have to wait for the cool down to be finished before modifying their current move list. This would then keep the game at it's current battle mechanics but allow for more defined move selection.

With this idea in mind I feel that it won't be too different from the present play style and won't change it so much that it will break the game.

I do believe you misunderstand what I'm saying. I'm not saying get rid of the four move dynamic of the game, if anything I'm saying to keep it and enhance it allowing you to swap each move out with prelearned ones. Now I'm also not implying you should be able to do something like this willy nilly, every feature needs a way to regulate this so that players can't just swap out moves in a tournament. Perhaps adding a feature to the PC where you have to put your Pokemon in there to swap out the moves and then they have a cool down until they can be swapped again. This would minimize any potential for people to abuse this to their advantage and also keep it so that you have to put some thought into which moves your Pokemon will use otherwise you have to wait for the cool down to be finished before modifying their current move list. This would then keep the game at it's current battle mechanics but allow for more defined move selection.

With this idea in mind I feel that it won't be too different from the present play style and won't change it so much that it will break the game.

As long as it can't be used on the fly then. Seems like an enchanted move re-learner. I am indifferent.

I've always thought lot's of things, but Pokemon isn't your canon to change.

So no, I dislike this idea.

canon is irrelevant. the devs can do with they want, because they're not nintendo or gamefreak.

If they want to stick to it, their choice.

If they want to deviate, their choice as well.

As a community we can try to influence the devs opinions on where to stick to canon and where to deviate. Pokemon is everybody's canon to change. Everyone can do with it whatever they please in their own works. Similarly to how you like to stick to use existing materials to make your graphics patch, so can i make a gardevoir sprite with wings, for example, and so may (or may not) the devs decide to use different mechanics or implementations or other deviations that they, or we collectively, have decided is a good idea for PokeMMO as a specific project.

Let's all have our own opinions, but not get all religious about it please.