[Art][Contest] Drawing Cat-astrophe

Munya

give the judges some time, not rushing them.

I bet you're just trying to find reasons other than "you're staff so you can't win" to let an inferior artpiece win.

It's all clear who's the real winner, everyone knows this.

I bet you're just trying to find reasons other than "you're staff so you can't win" to let an inferior artpiece win.

It's all clear who's the real winner, everyone knows this.

Its the biggest debate right now, the pm is practically a blood bath of arguing.

In my opinoun, burittoboi the first entry is the best. Even including the late entries. It has the best perspective and depth and looks the most precise in its space. So even if they do not win in my eyes they do. I was going to enter but mine was going to be late so I stopped drawing when I could not meet the deadline. Think I'll make mine into a banner/siggy C:

Edited by SecretCandy

I am going to go ahead and post the winners, provided the judges allow it, I may post there text in regards to each entry after such, they all had honorable mentions that I am sure they would also like to say things about, also why they picked the winners they did. i will simply be posting first and second for now.  I had also removed myself from the voting table, for reasons.

1st:  RacheLucario

2nd: ZeroZephy

If your forum names are different than your in game names, please let me know so i can deliver your prizes.

Emlees text was directed at people so I will go ahead and assume she is fine with hers being shown.   First spoiler is entirely full of her votes.

[spoiler]

Madnokof: 

Style: 9/10 Consistent and well executed

Theme: 5/10 The heroes are clearly there, but as mentioned there are not sidekicks. The Pokemon in the image are simply apart of the villain's plans.  

Notes: This image is a lot of fun and the perspective well well done. The major downfall is that it didn't adhere to the theme, which has just as much value as the style imo. All we needed were some epic Pokemon thrown past the heros and charging in to save everyone but the image was cut short. We don't see a battle between the heroes and villains, just a struggle in the plot depicted by an image. Great art, nonetheless. 

Total: 14/20 

YagamiNoir:

Style: 6.5/10 Proportions and limb placement are a bit off but (inconsistently so I suggest it is not apart of a signature style) but the vision is still well communicated through the art. Layers are not used to their fullest or at all, which resulted in some technical issues in this situation. 

Theme: 8/10 Consideration was clearly made to the theme here. Well done. 

Notes: I would have liked to see a bit more action from the art. Emphasis of motion is important for a battle, and this also means emotions from the hero and villain. The hero looks a bit mad but his stance is very neutral. Resting uguu face I guess? Good choice with the Pokemon though! And also with the supplementary writing. Well done. 

Total: 14.5/20

LeTyrone: 

I won't be judging this, I am pressed for time and well... I won't take something serious that isn't serious. No hard feelings <3 

Total: 0/20

Ploegy:

Style: 7.5/10 Lines are super inconsistent (try using a smaller brush and use a trial and error method with "swipes" delete and try again until you get a smooth and consistent line going the way you want it to). Some issues with proportions like the villains right (our left side) arm, and fingers. Overall looks good though. The Pokemon are dressed up, which provides some uniqueness, but I would have liked to see a bit more differentiation from their official art in terms of body positioning. 

Theme: 8/10 We don't see an action shot here but it looks very Pokemon! Our hero and villain look like ones we see in a Pokemon game, not exactly life threatening... I like it. I was hoping for a more action like shot but regardless, this works well with the theme and Pokemon.

Notes: Good job. Remember your lines are super important. Colouring is fun but if you get your lines straight/properly curved it makes the a huge difference. Also try not to cut off your image like you did with the background. I look forward to seeing your art continue to flourish. 

Total: 15.5/20

RacheLucario:

Style: 8/10 Darling, I am going to be hard on you. You're bringing your beautiful and dedicated style to this contest but you're darkening it up too much. Your image losses confidence with this. I understand it works with the settings but give that gave some glistening gems, or some fire, or something and introduce a bit more light. The hero in this is beautiful but her shoulder closest to us needs some adjustments. I know you know this though haha. I am just pointing it out because she was breathtaking otherwise and it caught my eye a bit too much. The Pokemon are well placed and unique. I still didn't get my action shot I wanted but the set up is great. The villain is to die for.. but I wish I could see a bit more of them! <3 

Theme: 8.5/10 Works well with the theme, not getting around that. Still wanted to see a battle taking place but this doesn't stray from the theme as is! 

Notes: Great job as usual <3 

Total: 16.5/20

ZeroZephy:

Style: 9/10 Your style is extremely consistent! I adore it. It reminds me of FLCL a bit. Simplistic... yet complex. Great job. I could look at this image all day.

Theme: 7/10 You used a very unique and creative way to get Pokemon into the image. I applaud you for that, but for some reason the transition lost a bit of the Pokemon feel. It would have been nice if they stood out a bit more and their presence was a bit more clear. Maybe some other Pokemon that fit your image theme well could have been thrown in like Bisharp, Skarm, etc. 

Notes: A great image overall. Very complex and entertaining. I can understand some people being confused or overwhelmed by it but I love this level of complexity. Thanks for submitting.

Total: 16/20

First: Rachel

Second: ZeroZephy

Third: Ploegy

Honourable Mentions: Madnokof - You would have scored much higher if more attention was paid to the specifications of the theme. I hope to see more from you on this forum. I hope you're proud of your image <3 YagamiNoir - Great concept and vision, just don't forget to practice the technical aspects of its execution. 

[/spoiler]

Congrats Rachel for winning~

And thank you Emlee for the feedback. I knew my lines were messy but was using a mouse and rushing with them :P but I will kee that in mind for sure ^^

I thought you might be. There are some cheap tablets around though (bamboo). I'd love to see your work with a tablet and you may find it very inspirational to actually see what you're capable of. 

• Kizhaz changed the title to [Art][Contest] Drawing Cat-astrophe
  • Kizhaz locked this topic