[Art][Contest] Drawing Cat-astrophe

Munya

wzL0d0h.png

Theme

Design a superhero accompanied by a Pokemon sidekick in an intense battle with their arch-rival villain. The superhero must be your own design.

Rules

• Only one entry per user.
  • Entries are only to be submitted during the contest. Late entries will not be accepted.
  • Entries must contain the user's IGN.
  • The entry has to be completely original. No alterations of existing images are allowed.
  • Of course, all forum rules must be upheld. 

Judging Criteria

• How well the artwork follows the theme.
  • Effort
  • Quality of work

Prize

1st Place (5x31 Bold Skitty WITH Egg Move Wish)

7k6Qc4j.png

2nd Place: 300,000 Pokedollars

Start Date

Now

End Date

20th March (Friday)

Judges: Munya, Noad, FrankIero & Emlee

Best of luck to you all!

Edited by Munya

Another contest already? alright i better get my ass to work :P

Indeed, they are going to happen in rotation at undetermined intervals.  Some might argue that the last art/writing contest ended after the pvp contest so pvp should be next, but it also started long before, and wasn't solely art or writing.

True, true, plus photoshop takes way longer, but you can still get nice results from it

Depends on what you're going for really. Something simple and rough can be done with a mouse and a tool made to (very poorly) imitate pressure. As soon as you want to start adding depth, detail, texture, smoothness, and variety, you really need a graphics tablet though.

A result like this would be borderline impossible with a mouse for instance, but only took a few hours messing around with a tablet.

[spoiler]

vNpU0Ns.png

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Admittedly they can be pretty expensive if your standards are high though.[/spoiler]

Depends on what you're going for really. Something simple and rough can be done with a mouse and a tool made to (very poorly) imitate pressure. As soon as you want to start adding depth, detail, texture, smoothness, and variety, you really need a graphics tablet though.

A result like this would be borderline impossible with a mouse for instance, but only took a few hours messing around with a tablet.

[spoiler]

vNpU0Ns.png

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Admittedly they can be pretty expensive if your standards are high though.[/spoiler]

of course a tablet is gonna give you better results, i'm not denying that, i'm just saying the pen tool is a good cheap alternative if you wanna do something not too ambitious

Gonna buy a Wacom just for these contests :L

huion is a good alternative to wacom; I used a wacom intuos 3 for approximately 8 years (give or take) until my tablet finally kicked the bucket; i decided to try huion, and while there are odd quirks to get used to (recharging the tablet stylus. why the fuck. i still hate this tho the pen has only died on me like once? also the fucking drivers can be a biotch and you have to dig through their FUCKING FACEBOOK PAGE FOR THEIR LATEST DRIVERS THAT'S A SERIOUS WHAT THE FUCK) it's just as good, if not better than my wacom when it comes to functionality and cost a fraction of the price of i guess one of wacom's newer comparable models. like, I use the huion 1060 pro+ and it has double the pen pressure sensitivity than my intuous 3 and that was like a "omg my lineeeessss!!!!"

i can go into more detail via PM or some shit if you'd really like me to talk about it more

[spoiler]

huion should pay me for advertising for them

[/spoiler]