Ability to Retrieve Parents Before Egg

Gilan

Question

Dunno, just seems silly we can't get the parents back before the egg happens. I've never personally had an issue with this sort of thing, but I know some people who have.

It might be nice, but what do you guys think?

Convenient or unnecessary?

Other Possible solutions:

This is something that worries me when I'm breeding too. When I was farming Paras/ breeding them to make a bug breeder I had like 5 Paras on my party and I was really paranoid about giving the wrong one or having the wrong item equipped. I don't know if I think being able to retrieve the parents is the right idea but I did think of a possible different solution. When you pick the Pokemon to give to the old man, it's summary window could pop up (much like what happens when you catch it in the wild). That way you can check it to be sure that it is the correct Pokemon and that the right brace/everstone is equipped before giving it to him.

i would just put the actual trade box up, like when you trade with a player.

its alrdy there & works perfectly

I just think you the, "You won't get these back" prompt should occur after selecting the pokemon, if you misclick or press the wrong direction and select another viable match but not the intended breeder, you pretty much have to sit there waiting for the egg kicking yourself..

Edited by Gilan

14 answers to this question

this.

im so fuckin paranoid when giving that dude my stuff

i also check them like three times before putting them in , and thats mainly because u cant get back what u put in. considering that u put wrong parents or forget braces in the last step of your breeding process can cost you multiple 100k's is silly imo, i would also like to be able to get them back before they made an egg

This is something that worries me when I'm breeding too. When I was farming Paras/ breeding them to make a bug breeder I had like 5 Paras on my party and I was really paranoid about giving the wrong one or having the wrong item equipped. I don't know if I think being able to retrieve the parents is the right idea but I did think of a possible different solution. When you pick the Pokemon to give to the old man, it's summary window could pop up (much like what happens when you catch it in the wild). That way you can check it to be sure that it is the correct Pokemon and that the right brace/everstone is equipped before giving it to him.

I just think you the, "You won't get these back" prompt should occur after selecting the pokemon, if you misclick or press the wrong direction and select another viable match but not the intended breeder, you pretty much have to sit there waiting for the egg kicking yourself..

tbh if devs implemented in the system that for a fee (preferably pricey like 15k?) to stop the breeding and get your pokemon back the system would be really good (incase you make a mistake etc)

way to take my idea.

but anyways yes this should be needed and ur throwing away more money. devs cmon how can u not like this??

way to take my idea.

but anyways yes this should be needed and ur throwing away more money. devs cmon how can u not like this??

I don't like the idea of a fee.

but yes, your post inspired me to make this thread.

i dont like the idea of a fee but then again that may be the only way devs will put it in.

The whole point of this is to give people a feeling of security when breeding (as opposed to the "oh crap, did I choose the right parents... YOLO"). There is absolutely no reason to put a fee on something so trivial, and it would subtract from the purpose of implementing it if they choose to do so.