Transferring To Alts

NikhilR

Question

I'm pretty much running out of space on my main and in order to make space, I need to transfer a bunch of pokes to my alt. If there can be a feature to directly transfer to an alt, it would help a lot.

Getting someone else to store a box full of of your stuff and then re transferring them back is a huge pain.

I searched but I didn't find any similar suggestion.

Edited by NikhilR

24 answers to this question

I'm pretty much running out of space on my main and in order to make space, I need to transfer a bunch of pokes to my alt. If there can be a feature to directly transfer to an alt, it would help a lot.

Getting someone else to store a box full of of your stuff and then re transferring them back is a huge pain.

So basically trading between characters on the same account?

I really like that idea if so.

I think this is why they have the purchase pc space in the gift shop. Don't think this idea will fly given that.

1) You can buy other boxes for 800 RP each (up to 10 boxes).

2) Don't trade to alts, they will close your alt account and you will loose everything.

3) J/K.

4) Or not.

I think this is why they have the purchase pc space in the gift shop. Don't think this idea will fly given that.

With pc expansion, I get max around 9 boxes. This isn't enough to fill your boxes with comps from OU/UU/NU and at the same time accomodate things like caught pokemon which you need to breed with, your previous breeders and dittos. My idea was that I could use the box expansion for my main solely for my comps and use my alts to keep my breeders.

Gift shop items should be more of a luxury but imo this right here is almost a necessity.

1) You can buy other boxes for 800 RP each (up to 10 boxes).

2) Don't trade to alts, they will close your alt account and you will loose everything.

3) J/K.

4) Or not.

You can get up to 9 boxes and imo it is only enough to store your comps. It would just be one alt to store the breeders. And the only reason I'm able to afford a box expansion is through my 2nd place in officials. Otherwise I wouldn't pay real money for it.

They are actually trying to discourage alts

Saying they're trying to discourage alts without doing anything about it is imo wrong. 

Edited by NikhilR

Saying they're trying to discourage alts without doing anything about it is imo wrong. 

Agreed.

About the one alt, I used one too for that reason, and other alts for other reasons (VS seeker, items, TM's). I get all my alts closed because of the I5 ladies lack of codage, even alts who didn't defeated the E4 yet (so impossible to reach I5).

So even if you used only one alt to get another boxes, keep in mind the possibility for it to be closed.

Edited by kemaric

Hoping for a response from the higher ups. 

i ran into this problem and started transferring things to alts with the help of friends and library computers, but it's a major problem and flaw in the game. not everyone has the ability to do this, and further more they should not have to! no other mmo has this problem to my knowledge. even runescape has a better bank system.

the current breeding system encourages breeding dozens of pokemon together into one comp, and that means catching hundreds to get those dozen with the right iv's. further more you already have many other comps, shinys, utility pokes, breeders, ect... and this system just encourages people not to play the game.

i ran into this problem and started transferring things to alts with the help of friends and library computers, but it's a major problem and flaw in the game. not everyone has the ability to do this, and further more they should not have to! no other mmo has this problem to my knowledge. even runescape has a better bank system.

the current breeding system encourages breeding dozens of pokemon together into one comp, and that means catching hundreds to get those dozen with the right iv's. further more you already have many other comps, shinys, utility pokes, breeders, ect... and this system just encourages people not to play the game.

but fred, that's what they want. And noobs usually won't use 7 boxes of space, even if they complete the pokedex etc

I think transferring to alts is a pretty redundant thing to get official support for, when we could be getting more box space.

Box space is also moreso relevant now that a lot of the gameplay revolves around catching 60 pokemon in one sitting. I'd like to see it more accessible.

Yeh but transfering to ults gives us another like 7 boxes... or however many boxes an account gets.

Edited by KaynineXL

I think transferring to alts is a pretty redundant thing to get official support for, when we could be getting more box space.

Box space is also moreso relevant now that a lot of the gameplay revolves around catching 60 pokemon in one sitting. I'd like to see it more accessible.

Well they're kind of taking a step forward with that new release function that was released with the last pts. Its still annoying to have like 5 boxes dedicated to comps, leaving only 4 boxes for stuff like shinies/dittos/breeders/uts/copious amounts of caught pokemon. 

I meant to imply, I think we should just have a lot more than 9 boxes. Transferring to alts is just the wrong way to promote unlimited box space.

'Should just get new boxes when you fill them up, like in X/Y.

But then there's the issue of having to deal with all those people that bought extra boxes

this idea sounds pretty good, but i have never run out of room in my pc but im getting close

[spoiler]stupid dittos[/spoiler]

This is what I do with bad dittos, teach noobs about the breeding system and give them the ditto to play with. They can breed a pre evolution they won't of got otherwise.

If feel the problem with this is that players will use this to transfer Kanto pokémon to their Hoenn account but than again that's healthy right.

That's not an issue at all. Once a player has obtained 4 badges they are able to take the ferry to the other region. After they have 4 badges in each region they can move back and forth freely.