Reduce Price of Repeat Ball?

Michelle

Question

As I've been hunting and breeding for roughly a week straight, I find myself confined to safari zones for egg groups purely due to the fact that I don't want to spend mass amount of money on pokeballs/greatballs. I love how Repeat Balls are on 2 Island because it is somewhat out of reach for the majority of Kanto, making it a nice hunting reward for getting to a certain point.

Wouldn't mind 1000, 500 would be ideal, 400 or less if I'm being honest. :P

What do you think?

25 answers to this question

Whilst I think that it might not hurt to give these balls a price adjustment, 500 or 400 however, is far too cheap - Let's assume you wish to use repeat balls to mass catch the same species (Which is their intended purpose).

They cap off at 2.5x in PokeMMO, which makes them .5x better than an Ultra Ball.

And a Great Ball is 1.5x

To reach the cap you need to have caught 4 of the same species consecutively, and to reach the efficiency of a Great Ball it would require 2 catches.

Which means you're paying the cost of less than a Great Ball for a ball as efficient as one at 2 catches and paying less than a Great Ball for something better than their catch rate at anything >2 catches.

Assuming $500, this is a ridiculous saving; At 4 catches you'd be saving $700 (Which also happens to be an additional $100 ontop of the price of a Great Ball) on every single Repeat used instead of an Ultra.

Whilst you are limited to a single species temporarily, that is the only reason you would be expecting to use and benefit from them in the first place.

I'd argue they'd sit nicely at 1,200, the same price as an Ultra with the added +.5x catch rate.

Or having their catch rate lowered to 2x to mirror the Ultra and having them sit at $1000.

I'm not sure on $1000 at their current catch rate.

interesting though, at the ultra ball's rate of 2x, and a ditto asleep and 1hp (from desert underpass), there is a very small chance that the ditto will break free (less than 1%). Ofc, with 2.5x it becomes 100% and you may not need to take the hp down to 1, which would save time and thus more money. I'll do the math in a bit...

On a side note, does anyone's catching smeargle take a desert underpass's ditto down to 1 hp on 1 false swipe 100% of the time?

edit: zzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by Gilan

If you are going to decrease the price, don't lower the catch rate. Dittos are the main issue. Assuming the statistics on this are correct, an ultra ball gives a catch rate of 54% for them at 1hp and sleep, and the ultra ball itself costs $1200. Lets say you catch 15 dittos, you're using something like 27 ultra balls, which is 32.4k. With the lack of sources of income, a recurring problem in different aspects of the game, it isn't all that practical. A repeat ball, with a catch rate of 81%, is more effective, and you'd be using roughly 18 repeat balls for 15 dittos, at 27k. That isn't a huge difference, and is still kind of pricy. In the original games, the repeat ball was priced at $1000. It'd be nice if it was decreased at least to that. Still, I'm glad that the repeat balls exist

If you are going to decrease the price, don't lower the catch rate. Dittos are the main issue. Assuming the statistics on this are correct, an ultra ball gives a catch rate of 54% for them at 1hp and sleep, and the ultra ball itself costs $1200. Lets say you catch 15 dittos, you're using something like 27 ultra balls, which is 32.4k. With the lack of sources of income, a recurring problem in different aspects of the game, it isn't all that practical. A repeat ball, with a catch rate of 81%, is more effective, and you'd be using roughly 18 repeat balls for 15 dittos, at 27k. That isn't a huge difference, and is still kind of pricy. In the original games, the repeat ball was priced at $1000. It'd be nice if it was decreased at least to that. Still, I'm glad that the repeat balls exist

I'll tell you right now your math is wrong. The catch rate on a desert underpass ditto at 1 hp and asleep with an ultra ball is something close to 99%

edit: zzzzzzzzzz

Edited by Gilan

unless they have metal powder, yes

Ok just wondering cause my smeargle's sucky and can't do that atm. So yeah... Might as well just have repeat ball the same price as ultraballs, since it wouldn't really change anything.

http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/CatchRate.aspx

He's correct, it's just unlikely that anyone won't hit the higher %

wut. I've gone around 50 desert underpass dittos now, and not a single one has popped out of the ultra ball.

ok. Yeah he is correct. I was wrong. My bad. I shouldn't post on the forums after just waking up.

still though... Am I that lucky?

Edited by Gilan

how is that even possible? even though I'm lucky sometimes, there's no way that the % to catch is 54% if they are 1 hp and asleep

I'm catching 50 dittos right now. 20 more to go. Not a single one has broken the ball at the moment. It appears to be a bug.

brah u got mad rng skills, the rngesus must love you. Half of my ultra balls break ;_;

yep. just caught 50 in a row today. not a single ultra ball broke. I'm suspecting a bug.

How I catch dittos:

I have a level 71 timid Smeargle with a silk scarf (laugh all you want).

I first false swipe the ditto, which consequently transforms into my Smeargle.

I then spore the ditto.

I then false swipe the ditto again.

Then I catch it, or if it wakes up I spore again and then catch it.

yep. just caught 50 in a row today. not a single ultra ball broke. I'm suspecting a bug.

How I catch dittos:

I then spore the ditto.

similar process except I have a level 100 smeargle that "ohkos" dittos with false swipe unless some defensive ones with metal powder

turn 1: false swipe as ditto transforms

turn 2: spore ditto

turn 3: pretty much 100% catch rate with ultra balls, if 1 hp+asleep, its never failed for me

How I catch dittos:

I then spore the ditto.

fair enough, I use a level 65 breloom with lefties:

I false swipe first, it transforms into breloom

I spore ditto

I use ultra ball, it breaks, it wakes up and uses spore

I can't wake up, it uses swords dance

I can't wake up, it uses swords dance

I can't wake up, it uses strength

I can't wake up, it uses strength

I use spore, it sleeps

I throw ultra ball, it either works or breaks

It's still asleep and I throw another ultra ball and by this time I'm cutting at my wrists. It usually ends here

Go to pokecentre and repeat

^

It would be good to place luxury ball in Mysterious Box just like premier Balls

Luxury Balls should be implemented as a daily from the girl on resort gorgeous. Not only does she look for specific things to reward you with items including the luxury ball on default, but it would also bring you to resort gorgeous once a day for the daily trainer grind.

Edited by Michelle