Hyper Beam

-other

Dragon Dance

Thunder Wave

Haze

Heal Bell

Substitute

common ev spread

cb bulky 94 hp 252 att 164 speed (121 stat) adamant  *or just any random speed to beat other dnites which isnt practical but is a thing

cb pure bulky 252 hp 252 att adamant

cb fast 252 att 252 speed adamant/jolly

DD fast 86 hp 252 att 172 speed (134 stat so as to outspeed jolteon/aero after one DD)

Mixed Dnite [Mild/Lonely/Brave/Quiet] with various spreads and movesets

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here we are to discuss the infamous Dragonite which has been causing havoc in OU. It topped the Usage Stats thus far and even if more are taken I can't see any other poke being used more. The beast is obviously too strong for OU.

So I guess I'll start with my input on its offense. I don't do calcs.
It has a massive ATK, Great SATK and a SPE which really does not matter. It has a ridiculous ATK paired with a spammable STAB that is seldom resisted. It has access to Superpower, All Punches, Boltbeam, Fire Moves, Earthquake and a bunch of other stuff which isn't worth mentioning. Dnite has great coverage and can also effectively run a mixed or ddance set. However the CB set is the most overpowered because of Extreme Speed. Espeed either does 90% or ohkos a good portion of the meta which outspeeds it. It is an easy tool to dispose of nearly every pokenon faster than it. Extreme Speed is the most overpowered part of Dnite in my opinion.

And the bulk. Yea it has a 4x weakness but aside from that it can come in on soooo much. It has great resistances, and overall bulk. This bulk which allows it to not be okhod by most ice beams, punches, HP Ices and other wimpy gimmicky shit because this beast is too centralizing.

Ban this beast.

Edited by DrCraig

didn't see any major errors Craig

a lot more sold on this I think it should be banned but ill listen to others opinions

hp ice jolt wrecked by espeed, same with other pokes I like it. also you don't even need to kill some checks and counters because espeed will hit pokemon hard uless the are resisted and not named slowbro and blissey (only 2 I can think of right now with insta healing that don't mind the cb espeed its late here)

bringing a pokemon back to check another is not likely and has been discussed before and is not really an option please refer to the current Sala thread

Edited by Artemiseta

Dragonite is honestly, unpredictable as Craig said. You have to lose 1-2 two pokes or take crippling blows just to find out the moveset of the match.

It is easily the best physical sweeper we have in this game.

My own bias wants this baby to stay just to avoid a wall-based meta (best wallbreaker hands down), but again, it's just too damn strong.

It can abuse Dragon Dance, CB, Mixed sets, Subpunch, or any other devastating combo you can think of. It can OHKO Forretress with Fire Punch, it's primary counter, and can also damage other bulky waters with strong Thunder or Thunderbolt (2HKO most of the time). Swampert is a great option, but this means that Swampert needs to run Ice Punch or Ice Beam, leaving it susceptible to being set-up bait or disable destroyed.  

Many think it's even better than Salamence which was already banned.

Superpower to OHKO Bliss and Lax, Extremespeed to revenge kill a lot and even OHKO some pokes just to throw icing on the cake. 

EDIT: Gunthug gtfo with your salty bs from another thread. I want to see good discussion. 

Edited by DoubleJ

EDIT: Gunthug gtfo with your salty bs from another thread. I want to see good discussion. 

lol you can't encourage vusay's "passion for the game" in one thread and claim you want to see good discussion in another

edit:

Many think it's even better than Salamence which was already banned.

cmon, not you too

Edited by Gunthug

61% usage and being part of the reason that centralizes Slowbro, Metagross and Gengar usage to be 50% as well obviously means it should get hit by the hammer. It is virtually unable to be walled reliably, has a powerful priority tool, and good bulk on top of that (cry for not being able to OHKO it Swampert, not like you were good anyway). You see it nearly on every team as essentially the most risk-free attacker available.

I agree with double j .dnite is fav for mostpeople including me..but I do no disagree that it can be beaten...when I was new I had 6 dragonites as a team not even one was ev ytained or good in ivs I lost to a single jolteon of minardi...thats when I changed my team..
Dnite cant be banned just becuase it is super strong

I agree with double j .dnite is fav for mostpeople including me..but I do no disagree that it can be beaten...when I was new I had 6 dragonites as a team not even one was ev ytained or good in ivs I lost to a single jolteon of minardi...thats when I changed my team..

I forgot how hilarious this discussions could be, thanks for reminding me 

m8….

I'm in favor, Dnite has overstayed its welcome and it is definitely "too good not to use" right now - i.e. Uber. Craig covered most of the relevant points: Dragonite's scary af and it can run like 10 different sets pretty well (Tbolt underrated). I think OU would be better off without it.

Finally, the thread. Get this thing out our meta, now.

My own bias wants this baby to stay just to avoid a wall-based meta (best wallbreaker hands down), but again, it's just too damn strong.

There are quite a few strong wallbreakers to replace dnite, although they lack dnite's nice defensive typing and bulk. Dnite is not only a wall breaker though, the banded set breaks the entire meta thanks to dclaw + espeed. There are also a couple of very strong attackers left (gyarados and metagross), which I think we have to look after dnite is gone. I also think we have to consider a slowbro ban after dnite is banned.

Edited by PandaJJ

imo skowbro and lapras stop it cold. And like I have said before here we are again. Dnite goes and what else follows? Endure rev heracross and blaziken. But you know I'm a noob I don't play in officials. Bring me the uber tier plz.

Superpower destroys Lapras and that's not even that bold of a prediction since it also hits common steel switch ins

imo skowbro and lapras stop it cold. And like I have said before here we are again. Dnite goes and what else follows? Endure rev heracross and blaziken. But you know I'm a noob I don't play in officials. Bring me the uber tier plz.

but they dont, thunderpunch hurts both alot & superpower destroys lapras,

in addition more & more mix dnite are showing up with thunder.

but yea the banning chain has begun.

but they dont, thunderpunch hurts both alot & superpower destroys lapras,
in addition more & more mix dnite are showing up with thunder.

but yea the banning chain has begun.

Ty for recognizing that It has begun. I don't get what people don't realize that in our meta we will have a whole uber tier again with this split. We don't have the moves abilities to be able to stop the dragons from coming in. For us to have a healthy metagame we need the moves updated with abilities or we went back 6 months in time. This is imo take it how you like it.

Where is gengar at in all of this???? My hp fire and fighting taking out everything but it's not tested??? And it can do whatever it wants lets be honest.