Anime sux 2

Govictory

since the first one got locked can someone tell my why people like Japan shows? they hurt my ears and are overly flashy and really unrealistic and down right have poor story lines

so can you tell me why you like these showes without turning this into a flamebait thread?

Edited by Govictory

I'll just list some things i can't really stand in animez:

-Thin girls ko'ing a big guy. It's not gonna happen in real life, still, it's an annoying cliche

-A guy using a katana against a guy using an hangun. Looking at you cowboy bebop

- The inevitable romance. Or even worse, the harem situation

- A good part of modern animes are placed inside high schools, this is the most redundant clichè.

-Dual wielding

I'm glad i can't think of more right now.

that's horrible, which reminds me of another story because cosplayers -> anime conventions -> people with no social skills

the other day ago, at uni, this one guy was holding a sign that said "FREE HI FIVES"

why do people do things like this, why can't everyone be normal. why can't i be less judgemental

that's horrible, which reminds me of another story because cosplayers -> anime conventions -> people with no social skills

the other day ago, at uni, this one guy was holding a sign that said "FREE HI FIVES"

why do people do things like this, why can't everyone be normal. why can't i be less judgemental

heh, this one time national tv filmed an anime/geek/vidyagayme convention in belgium. First guy they ask was a guy in his 30s dressing up as "The Metal version of hatsun miku" or some shit. It was top cringe.

@Winter

geeze i knew someone like that in middle school

@Glorified Walrus

lmfao that's just so bad.

I went to this local anime convention for 10 years (my sister had an art table in the artist alley thing) and I remember there was this one guy that was in his 30s that every. year. he dressed up as sasuke. but it was so bad

[spoiler]

there was one year tho, where my best friend and I purposely took pictures with bad cosplayers, and everytime we'd like, cross our eyes or make a fucking weird face. cosplayer didn't know hahha

[spoiler]

I remember explicitly, one of them was Seto from YGO with the lime green hair. his wig was atrocious. and he used a credit card for the YGO card. i'll pull up the pic later if i still have it[/spoiler][/spoiler]

You know we're all entitled to our own opinions. I don't see why these topics need to keep popping up. Cool you think anime sucks. Congrats to you for hating something. Should I applaud now or later? Just saying. If the last one was closed it's obvious that another one of these threads was not needed.

Personally, I am very picky about the animes I watch, but that is also true with all shows I watch. Sometimes there are certain animes that appeal more to someone than any Western Cartoons do. You can think it's stupid or dumb to like anime and that it sucks, but to someone else it could be in their interests. This being said, I of course have watched anime and I am drawn to certain ones that involve action because guess what, that's what I look for in Western cartoons too and in tv shows. In the end to me, animes are just another tv show and it doesn't matter to me what you like to watch. Go ahead and watch whatever floats your boat. Like a lot of people say the animes I've watched are shit, well minus AoT that's the only one people haven't hated on too much, but honestly whatever. Can't we all just like what we want to like these days?

I'll just list some things i can't really stand in animez:

-Thin girls ko'ing a big guy. It's not gonna happen in real life, still, it's an annoying cliche

agreed althou skill>bulk

-A guy using a katana against a guy using an hangun. Looking at you cowboy bebop

agreed 90% unless non human vs human. some anime charecters dont give a shit if they got shot.

- The inevitable romance. Or even worse, the harem situation

agreed but hey thats japan for you

- A good part of modern animes are placed inside high schools, this is the most redundant clichè.

agreed

-Dual wielding

got to disagree with you there. i have studied enough to know that it works and works well. obvs you dont use huge longswords like in some animes, but dual wielding light quick blades works pretty well. people rarely practice vs 2x blades and you have a advantage of knowing how to fight vs one or two swords while your opponent does not(theoretically). 

I'm glad i can't think of more right now.

you forgot to mention all the awkward "walking in while the gril is almost or is completely naked" scene's thats in every anime ever.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.