CM needs to act more professional and learn English

LanBruker

So today I was playing some PokeMMO and I noticed that the IV's on my Togepi had gone down, I thought IV's were permanent and so I asked support about this. I got this in response...

"No, Ivs become permanent when your pokemons have a high level. IVs are low levels are not the real IVs, this just give you an idea about ivs."

Earlier that day I asked how the CM got the Title he told me you have to join a Senior Game Master, I asked him what a Game Master was and he said "If you don't know that you probably shouldn't be a CM anyways.

I told him I was just curious and I wasn't looking for any title myself. He replies and says it's a person who manages the game.

Now I just don't think this CM is very professional grammar wise and the way he responded to me was just insulting since first of all I wasn't looking for a title and secondly saying im not able to be a CM because I didn't know what a "Senior Game Master" in other words he could just say its a Developer/Manager.

Thank you and please someone explain to me how the IV system works.

Edited by Noad
Removed image

The IVs your pokemon gains are determined pretty much the moment you capture/breed/etc it, they're permanent and thus can not change.

Low leveled pokemon show IV ranges, the actual number lies between these ranges. As it levels up these ranges become more and more accurate.

I think you can PM Squirtle if you have issues with a certain staff member

IVs always remain the same. Let's say your Defense IV of the Pokemon appears as 22-27 at one point and 27-31 at one point. The correct IV is 27. Now that in the lower levels there are less different possible stats for Pokemon than possible IVs, then a certain stat can be multiple IVs and therefor appear as ranges. But at level 100 every IV will result in a higher stat.

For example at level 100

0 IV - 150 defense stat
1 IV - 151 defense stat

2 IV - 152 defense stat
3 IV - 153 defense stat

and so on.

But IVs never change, the IVs only appear as "possible ranges" in lower level and the range can vary the way like I said it.

He did, explain the Iv system, in more depth than alot of others would.  He only spelled one word wrong that i see, and i think your over reacting a little.  Calling someone out, because you got butt hurt, is a great way to get what you want.  

Anyway~ When you catch a pokemon, it will give you a IV spread.  Ivs have a possiblitly of being 0-31.  31 being the best, 0 being the worse.  When you catch a brand new pokemon, it may say that your attack IVs are 17-31.  This means that your iv is somewhere in those #s.  Now there are a few ways to find out your exact iv.  The most direct way, would just be to lvl it up.  The higher you level the pokemon, the tighter your spread will become.  For Example, at lvl 26 your IVs may be 17-31, when you lvl it to 50, it might be 25-31, or it could be 17-20.  You can also train a certian ev stat on a pokemon for a much quicker, and maybe even a solid # iv.  However ivs cannot ever be changed.  IF it says 17-31 and your actualy iv is 28, it is impossible for you to change that number from 28.

Now with comp pokemon, ivs do matter , although some matter alot more.  A pokemon with 30 attack, can still be viable, but a pokemon with 30 speed, usually is not wanted.  You need 31 speed iv on a pokemon to reach its full potential.  Example would be 30 speed on a jolteon at lvl 50 is 198, 31 speed iv is 200( jolts max speed).  If you want more on how it effects comps ask someone else, not in the mood to discuss all of that.

HPStatCalcGen34.png

OtherStatCalcGen34.png

iv's are used in the calc to determine your stat. they are permanent and determined when you encounter/hatch the pokemon but need narrowing for you to be able to tell what specifically they are. 

edit my feels after posting this

[spoiler]

Ninjas_8b2dab_1706022.jpg

[/spoiler]

Edited by fredrichnietze

Literally the first rule of Chat:

a. You may not harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other persons using our Service (Players and PokeMMO's Staff).

Should have just kept this in private chat. No reason to make it public.

The Community Managers that answer your questions in game and provide support are all volunteers who give up their time to be an in game presence and help to players. A great thing about PokeMMO is that it brings together people from all parts of the world so there will be staff members that have English as a second language. In future you should contact our Senior Game Masters if you feel dissatisfied with a staff member. 

Other forum posters have provided alternate explanations about why your IVs were changing but if you are still unsure you are welcome to message me.