Lillycove Lottery System

Kizhaz

Question

As some of you may or may not remember I used to run a weekly lottery draw in game with a thread in gen discussion (prob on page 50+), however it came to the point where I would be only payday grinding in game to have a prize for the week so I stopped. Now with the lack of money making methods in the game I feel it would be a good idea to turn the lottery lady in the Lillycove dept. store to host a similar weekly lottery event as a means to make some cash. Bye tickets from her during the week and have a winning combination of numbers at the end of the week to earn cash prizes based on the amount of matching numbers you have.

Pro's: A fun and not grind infested way to make some money.

Con's: It could end up up as a money sink if the odds are too far-fetched, however the odds would have to be not too easy as to prevent exploitation. eg buying every number combination and making a profit.

Thoughts/oppinions

5 answers to this question

This would be quite nice if you need to do something to get a number (grind), for example:

A ticket has 6 numbers, you need to play 1 hour each day to get a number (or bring me X type of pokemon whatever); so by sundays when you log in you get the results.

I guess this would be useful if near the 60% of the people wins somewhat near 100k at least, or no one would bother. (maybe less days / numbers).

Can you call this thread lilycove welfare check?

A global system would work better. Additionally the lottery in general isn't a "Money Making Method" Even in real life theres a profit margin for the algorithm that prints tickets if you are refering to scratch offs, and the fact that the odds of winning a "pick x" is based on the size of x such that they only contribute a percentage of buying towards the pot. Otherwise there would be no profit for the lottery in which they could donate money to schools/government/etc.

So buying a ticket and picking a random number and then having a number randomly drawn weekly and making it a global event would be neater. Giving players 24 hours to pickup the prize or you lose the chance. To make it more pokemon related you could call it IV Lottery. Talk to the lady, she asks you to pick a Party Pokemon, you do so and it will save those iv's as your submission for the...week/biweek/day etc. Then on a chosen day of the week the game will automatically Randomly choose an IV for each IV type and then post it on a "Message board of sorts" You go check the board. If so many of your numbers are the same you get paid out based on how many IV's were correct. Its a money draw. It will payout for some, if you get really lucky itll payout well but percentage wise the chances are low. It'll give crappy IV pokemon a reason to live (use for lottery).

Edited by Thoth

A global system would work better. Additionally the lottery in general isn't a "Money Making Method" Even in real life theres a profit margin for the algorithm that prints tickets if you are refering to scratch offs, and the fact that the odds of winning a "pick x" is based on the size of x such that they only contribute a percentage of buying towards the pot. Otherwise there would be no profit for the lottery in which they could donate money to schools/government/etc.

So buying a ticket and picking a random number and then having a number randomly drawn weekly and making it a global event would be neater. Giving players 24 hours to pickup the prize or you lose the chance. To make it more pokemon related you could call it IV Lottery. Talk to the lady, she asks you to pick a Party Pokemon, you do so and it will save those iv's as your submission for the...week/biweek/day etc. Then on a chosen day of the week the game will automatically Randomly choose an IV for each IV type and then post it on a "Message board of sorts" You go check the board. If so many of your numbers are the same you get paid out based on how many IV's were correct. Its a money draw. It will payout for some, if you get really lucky itll payout well but percentage wise the chances are low. It'll give crappy IV pokemon a reason to live (use for lottery).

Yeah globally was what I had in mind as for using a pokemons IV's I feel this would be very hard to win. To get even 1 number between 0-31 correct is tough let alone the chance of someone getting 6 correct. And I do realise it isn't really a money making method, when I was writing the cons I seem to have been very vague about that though, whoops.

When I was running the lottery I had 5 numbers between 1-10, matching 3 or more was a winner and it was quite easy (even exploitable at times, thank god no one noticed). However we don't want this to be an instant 'get rich quick scheme either' as it would ruin the economy yet again. Finding a balanced number system is the hardest part about this honestly.

I don't think it should generate money.
A pot could be made depending on how many people buy tickets for that time frame.
Maybe every ~12 hours.
The pot could be split depending on how many numbers you get right / in order.
If there is no winner the pot carries over to next time slot.
If no extra money is generated, it is just a fun way to 'move' money. It would not be a money making method or money sink

I don't think it would make a huge difference as the odds would probably be set too low.

PLus for me personally I have horrible luck with any form of chance in this game. I learned that in my quest for porygon where I ended up sinking 80K to just buy enough tokens and then my porygon ended up having bad IV's. I don't think it is breedable so it is stuck like that.