[Breed Guide] Breeder Catching

The whole guide is great, I think anything with 50% is worth mentioning.
And do you think a list with common double egg group pokes would be handy? I like slowpokes for breeding starters from monster and water 1.

I will try to expand some of the egg groups with few areas if i find something with more than 50% when I have time.
As for dual group pokemon, I have marked them in boldface (and they should all appear in both their respective egg group lists, so you can just use the search function to fins out which groups they belong to). Or do you rather want me to make a separate list of all the dual group pokemon mentioned in the guide?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

can you suggest a place where you can catch more than one species with 2 egg groups? it would be useful for those who want to pick up non specific IVs for the moment.

I'm not sure if I understand the question - do you want a place with multiple species where all species have dual egg groups, i.e. you want to catch pokemon within as many egg groups as possible in one place? A couple of places that comes to mind:

-Surfing inland in Kanto has only psyduck and slowpoke, both of which are dual egg groups (water 1, field and monster are really good egg groups, too)

-Surfing in most sea areas in Hoenn has wingull and tentacool, although only wingull has a dual egg group.

-Seafoam Islands is the same as surfing inlands in Kanto, but you will also find seel and zubat.

-Route 114 is a great place for dual egg group pokemon - swablu, seedot, lotad, surskit and seviper all have dual egg groups, and zangoose is a popular pokemon. This is also an awesome place for shiny hunting.

-If you like fishing, there's quite a few places where you kind find dual egg group pokemon. One of my favorite's is route 131 where you can find seadra(dragon/water 1) and wailmer(field/water 2)

I'm gonna update the guide as soon as next update comes up, but I'm currently quite busy with school so it would have to wait for a couple of weeks.

I'm not sure if I understand the question - do you want a place with multiple species where all species have dual egg groups, i.e. you want to catch pokemon within as many egg groups as possible in one place? A couple of places that comes to mind:

-Surfing inland in Kanto has only psyduck and slowpoke, both of which are dual egg groups (water 1, field and monster are really good egg groups, too)

-Surfing in most sea areas in Hoenn has wingull and tentacool, although only wingull has a dual egg group.

-Seafoam Islands is the same as surfing inlands in Kanto, but you will also find seel and zubat.

-Route 114 is a great place for dual egg group pokemon - swablu, seedot, lotad, surskit and seviper all have dual egg groups, and zangoose is a popular pokemon. This is also an awesome place for shiny hunting.

-If you like fishing, there's quite a few places where you kind find dual egg group pokemon. One of my favorite's is route 131 where you can find seadra(dragon/water 1) and wailmer(field/water 2)

I'm gonna update the guide as soon as next update comes up, but I'm currently quite busy with school so it would have to wait for a couple of weeks.

this was exactly i asked. thank you so much ^-^

• 1 month later...

Will take hours to confirm IVs on lvl 8 Whismur...

If you're looking for monster breeders, it's probably quicker (and cheaper) to catch slowpoke in the Kanto safari zone at the moment. Can't wait for exact IVs....

If you're looking for monster breeders, it's probably quicker (and cheaper) to catch slowpoke in the Kanto safari zone at the moment. Can't wait for exact IVs....

I am looking for high level field breeders...I don't know, maybe raticate is a good one.

I am looking for high level field breeders...I don't know, maybe raticate is a good one.

Then wailmer is your best option. It's about level 30-40 with super rod straight south of Mauville, 100% encounter rate.
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Love the guide, but unfortunately it appears the fairy section on the original post is out of date.  I'm encountering Surskits while trying to farm Marills Surfing Route 114.

Edit: not a huge issue since any Surskits caught can be bred with Marills, achieving the goal of Fairy anyway.

Edited by Yeseylon
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...