[Denied]How we could introduce renewable TMs

A while back I opened a thread about obtaining renewable TMs.

This time, I thought of alternatives to just buying them in shops...

A rare item collector has arrived in Hoenn. He is an expert in competitive pokemon moves, and would kindly trade you TMs for items found in the wild. Below is a list of non renewable TMs (aka the reason people stil do alt runs):

[spoiler]TM01 Focus Punch - Focus Band (wild Machoke) 

TM02 Dragon Claw - Dragon Scale (wild Horsea/Seadra)

TM03 Water Pulse - Deepseascale (wild Chinchou/Lanturn)

TM04 Bulk Up - Focus Band (wild Machoke) 

TM06 Toxic - Poison Barb (wild Roselia/Arbok)

TM07 Hail - Nevermeltice (wild Dewgong)

TM08 Calm Mind - Twistedspoon (wild Abra/Kadabra)

TM09 Bullet Seed - Miracle Seed (if implemented on wild pokemon instead of GC)

TM11 Sunny Day - Sun Stone (wild Solrock)

TM12 Taunt - Spell Tag (wild Haunter/Shuppet/Duskull)

TM19 Giga Drain - Miracle Seed (if implemented on wild pokemon instead of GC)

TM22 Solarbeam - Sun Stone (wild Solrock)

TM26 Earthquake - Soft Sand (wild Trapinch)

TM29 Psychic - Twistedspoon (wild Abra/Kadabra)

TM34 Shock Wave - Light Ball (wild Pikachu)

TM36 Sludge Bomb - Poison Barb (wild Roselia/Arbok)

TM37 Sandstorm - Hard Stone (wild Geodude/Graveller)

TM40 Aerial Ace - Sharp Beak (wild Fearow/Skarmory)

TM41 Torment - Spell Tag (wild Haunter/Shuppet/Duskull)

TM42 Facade - Big Pearl (wild Shellder)

TM43 Secret Power - Pearl (wild Shellder)

TM45 Attract - Heart Scale (wild Luvdisc)

TM44 Rest - Brightpowder (wild Venomoth)

TM46 Thief - Nugget (wild Meowth)

TM48 Skill Swap - King's Rock (wild Slowpoke)

TM49 Snatch - Metal Powder (wild Ditto)

TM50 Overheat - Charcoal (if implemented on wild pokemon instead of GC)[/spoiler]

This could add more variety to hunting.

Edited by OldKeith

I would like it if renewable items were implemented at the same time as renewable tms so pp max isn't like 200k. I like your idea on tms keith.

But PP increasing items are renewable, if you are lucky, in the mystery box.

Edited by Munya

Should also be a fee associated with that, i mean, I doubt you are carrying the tools to process metal into discs and then put information on them.  Perhaps a company like silph co or devon corp would have the tools necessary to do so.

Or the lab on cinnebar

Yea but you are bff with the presidents anyway, so they can turn a blind eye on you abusing their TM manufacturing.

Should also be a fee associated with that, i mean, I doubt you are carrying the tools to process metal into discs and then put information on them.  Perhaps a company like silph co or devon corp would have the tools necessary to do so.

Or the lab on cinnebar

Heres my idea. Gets a metal disk mold. insert metal. Have blaziken use flamethrower on them. Leave coding it up to porygon. Problem solved.

Why dosn't some NPC just sell all of the TMs? They could only make money doing it.

• 1 month later...

In case of OldKleith stopping to promote his "idea" on other thread's im going to comment his idea without saying anything that is connected with that o mine from another thread(only to be fair).

Idea of crafting TM seems to be good but there's small rate of getting any of them (only heartscale got like 50% but in real nearly any ludvisc gives u 1 heartscale). And pearls/nuggets are also easy to get, so alternative could be stardust - facade and star piece - secret power. Moonstone is also not so easy to get and could be aslo alternative source to any TM. And community's favorite one, ever stone. And it's good to talk about hunting but it doesnt mean that if they need more than 1 tm they need to grind these items?

And by looking on value of each item, creating one tm, for example my favorite TM 26 EQ:

Proposed OT solution:

soft sand -> like 20k  and EQ is like minimum 40k, adding to this fee we got 20k+F<40k so it's seem to be cheaper but still hard to get.

Proposed jayfeatskydd solution:

soft sand+metal powder -> like 20k +10k for metal powder(it's price can raise after implementing this), adding to this fee we got 30k+F<=40k but it all depends on F cost and metal powder, but still this option is more reasonable than OT's.

Proposed loukenshrew solution+my little adition and explanation of full process:

mold-> bought from npc and can act as a fee? + pokemon using flamethrower(theres no such option atm to use it outside the battle, but theres Flame body ability that could be used to do such kind of crafting since Flame body has no effect in breeding)

All steps of this craft:

1. Buy TM mold from NPC
  2. Use mold and from opened window choose item that u want to put in (metal powder/metal coat)
  3. Use upgraded mold(1/2) and from opened window choose item that u want to put in(any of next stage item like miracle seed, charcoal, mystic water etc)
  4. Give Full mold to the pokemon with Flame body ability
  5. Wait some time(there should be some kind of cooldown to not overthrow trade chat with self made tm's, maybe 15 min or more?)
  6. After certain ammount of time in yout pokemon hold place appear TM

Pros:

• Alternative way to get tm
  • Encourage people to do "hunting" (catching/thief)
  • The only reason to do Alt runs will be hold items and money, no more TM's

Cons:

• Time consuming
  • Forces people to do "hunting"("grind" karma boomerang dude)
  • CD(I think it's not only my opinion that it has to have such thing or otherwise we will drown in sea of TM's on trade)
  • Cost process will be arguable/need balancing
  • People who do Alt's runs for money would still prefer Alt run

Cons:

• Time consuming
  • Forces people to do "hunting"("grind" karma boomerang dude)
  • CD(I think it's not only my opinion that it has to have such thing or otherwise we will drown in sea of TM's on trade)
  • Cost process will be arguable/need balancing
  • People who do Alt's runs for money would still prefer Alt run

Time consuming > I do not actually find the way we obtain everstones or shards too time consuming. It can take long at times, but I think it's the best solution to obtain them and I really like it. It also encourages people to have a reason to go for wild encounters.

Hunting> It is a sort of a grind, but one with variety and the possibility of great reward in a shiny.

CD>what?

Need balancing> Well of course, everything in this game needs balancing, it is up to the developers to find the perfect balance

As for alt runs, they will die when getting anything you need (TMs+PP Ups) is easier post game completion rather than doing an alt run. I would go as far as suggesting that some valuable consumable items should even be removed from the storyline.

Time consuming > I do not actually find the way we obtain everstones or shards too time consuming. It can take long at times, but I think it's the best solution to obtain them and I really like it. It also encourages people to have a reason to go for wild encounters.

Hunting> It is a sort of a grind, but one with variety and the possibility of great reward in a shiny.

CD>what?

Need balancing> Well of course, everything in this game needs balancing, it is up to the developers to find the perfect balance

As for alt runs, they will die when getting anything you need (TMs+PP Ups) is easier post game completion rather than doing an alt run. I would go as far as suggesting that some valuable consumable items should even be removed from the storyline.

CD means cooldown, time gap like in vs seeker usage, u need to wait certain time to battle again with npc and in this situation it means to wait some time in order to achive "crafted" TM

I also dont think that obtaining ever stone/shards are too time consuming but they got percentage frop diffrence according to newest guide, for example nearly all boost held items are rare drop(5% i guess) when most 3/4 of shards and everstones are average drop.

Simple maths:

Statement: Y item have 5% drop rate on pokemon X, so statisticaly u need to catch/check 100 X pokemons to get at least 5 Y items(that' still not guaranted, its only assumption)

And how much time we spend then? 1 checking process = at lest one minute? So 100 pokemons = 100 minutes =1 h 40 minutes for 5 Y items, And by dividing this numbers to check how long will it take to get one item: 100 min = 5 item Y then 20 min = 1 item Y. But it's only when we got 100% encounter rate, times multiples when we got more pokes to encounter and then we notice that item hunt is really time consuming.

And yeah this encourage people to catch pokes/thief in wild for sure, but not everyone is into pokemon hunting. That's an issue which was revealed on forum, coz competetive players wants comps and items now at this moment, and other part of community discard that "easy to get"  idea.

Grind is grind, dont make excuses coz that's called hiporisy :)

Yeah but seeing and reporting unballanced this is also non written job for players.

Alt runs wont die, only sollution to make this problem lesser is to cut payout from first time battles and add new ways to get all sort of items (via any way, not only by crafting) so there will be lower need to get money or at least there should be another way to get yens.

Or the lab on cinnebar

Ok, but the fee has to be a reasonable one.

Ranging from 3 to 5k, since they're trying to discourage alt runs.

• 5 weeks later...