PokeMMO Super League Season 3 - Official Smack Talk Thread (also the general thread)

Thinky Nicey, lf another Showdown tier for this upcoming PSL :<

Could be VGC, randoms, doubles, whatever you feel like. Just to add more variety for us Showdown players. ^_^

Additional tiers will only be considered if signups are bombed. Like getting ~100 signups. Which would mean I could crick up the amount of battles to 10. Minimum of 10 players + 2 subs times 8 = 96.

Then I would add another OU tier and probably either ORAS UU or VGC.

im not mad, im just disappointed 

I snow, I snow.

Hype!

Few comments/questions/concerns:

• Is this the shit talk thread?
  •  SfSkump has a beautiful auctioneering voice, or so I've heard.

I feel like this puts new managers at a disadvantage, especially if when all the managers decide to pay up for their top players. I mean it could just be resolved by having new managers replace old ones and have the ability to retain players from the team of the respective manager. Idk though shits complicated, glad its you're doing this.  I could be wrong about this but I thought I'd raise the question.

Once again, HYPE.

Yes, every PSL thread is a shit talk thread. Except the threads for auctioning and administrative decisions.

LF Skump

As for your concerns, I feel like returning managers should be rewarded for their dedication in some way. Even then they are spending a lot of credits if they would retain top player like Bowser or Frags. Even if you get a strong player for cheap 10k credits is the minimum amount.

Also I cannot stress enough how stupid it would be to include randoms as a tier. Please don't do it. ORAS UU would be cool tho

I never 'seriously' considered Randoms, no worries.

Not too burst anyone's bubble but you should know I posted this thread very early. It all depends on how fast we get the actual tiers running. If it takes 5 months we would be in June, which is when I have my final exams of the schoolyear, and in July I won't be able to start this up. Which would mean I could only start this back up in September if it would take 5 months. So either pray for us to get the tiers up in 3-4 months or be aware that it could still take a long time before we see this starting again.

But in all those months, I hope to gather a lot of donations C:

So let's consider our options here.

Even if we get NU in the first 3-4 months, it will be a very unstable tier and probably be host to a lot of bans and meta shifts through the entire PSL making it kind of a shitfest tier. So why not scrap NU for this PSL and bring it back when everything is more 'stable'. This way we'd only have to wait for UU to stabilize a bit, which shouldn't really take longer than 3 months.

So my first suggestion is scrapping NU from PSL Season 3.

Then we need to replace this tier, we would need to replace it with a tier we have in PokeMMO because it would have been a PokeMMO tier. So I suggest PokeMMO UU, which would also give us more insight in UU too.

The thing I would like more opinions on though, is replacing ADV OU with DPP OU. Also known as 4th gen OU. As our game is slowly transitioning towards gen IV, it may be cool to have this as a tier in stead of ADV OU, that was supposed to mimick our PokeMMO meta.

Let me hear it.

So let's consider our options here.

Even if we get NU in the first 3-4 months, it will be a very unstable tier and probably be host to a lot of bans and meta shifts through the entire PSL making it kind of a shitfest tier. So why not scrap NU for this PSL and bring it back when everything is more 'stable'. This way we'd only have to wait for UU to stabilize a bit, which shouldn't really take longer than 3 months.

So my first suggestion is scrapping NU from PSL Season 3.

Then we need to replace this tier, we would need to replace it with a tier we have in PokeMMO because it would have been a PokeMMO tier. So I suggest PokeMMO UU, which would also give us more insight in UU too.

The thing I would like more opinions on though, is replacing ADV OU with DPP OU. Also known as 4th gen OU. As our game is slowly transitioning towards gen IV, it may be cool to have this as a tier in stead of ADV OU, that was supposed to mimick our PokeMMO meta.

Let me hear it.

yes so much, also i wouldn't want to delay PSL just for an NU tier to be formed after multiple UU tournaments and usage stats and what not

i wouldn't scrap adv ou cause i'm good at it ^^

srsly though, because our game is transitioning towards gen IV it would add more variety in playstyle

since the physical/special split was one of the greatest impacts on comp play ever in pkmn history

as for the replacement of nu:

it would be more fair to replace it with doubles imo

personally i would rather see that replaced with dpp instead of a third uu tier

as for the replacement of nu:

it would be more fair to replace it with doubles imo

personally i would rather see that replaced with dpp instead of a third uu tier

Ah, I forgot we already had UU two times. Then Doubles or third OU would make more sense indeed. I don't really want to replace NU with a Showdown tier because then it would be way too Showdown orientated.

PokeMMO OU

PokeMMO OU

PokeMMO UU

PokeMMO UU

PokeMMO Doubles

PokeMMO Doubles

Gen 4 OU (Matches our meta closer than ADV)

ORAS OU

but using that logic adv matches our meta closer than oras

yeah but fuck adv, 4th gen is way cooler.

(Also, ORAS is a developing metagame atm, so imo it's much more interesting to see; in the span of a few weeks PSL happens, new teams and cores get discovered in ORAS. ADV is pretty much a "solved" game, so it's kinda boring in comparison to something like ORAS.)

ADV is pretty much a "solved" game, so it's kinda boring in comparison to something like ORAS.)

so is gen 4...

EDIT:

Why not making a "Tier of the Week" since everybody seems to want another showdown tier

Edited by Linken

(Also, ORAS is a developing metagame atm, so imo it's much more interesting to see; in the span of a few weeks PSL happens, new teams and cores get discovered in ORAS. ADV is pretty much a "solved" game, so it's kinda boring in comparison to something like ORAS.)

if u want something interesting add randoms, people who have never played adv or gen 4 would have a much easier time transitioning into that from pokemmo than they would oras. 

tl;dr everything else suggested > oras

so is gen 4...

EDIT:

Why not making a "Tier of the Week" since everybody seems to want another showdown tier

Because drafting players for a tier of the week sounds borderline impossible.

Gen 4 is, but you see, Gen 4 > Gen 3. It's just math m8.

if u want something interesting add randoms, people who have never played adv or gen 4 would have a much easier time transitioning into that from pokemmo than they would oras. 

tl;dr everything else suggested > oras

Randoms is bad because it's randoms. Let's not try and compare 2 completely different formats for no other reason than you not liking ORAS.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.