Qwilfish should be allowed to learn explosion

Matoka

Question

Qwilfish in generations 4 and onward can learn explosion via the TM, Pokemon can learn moves they learn in future generations by TM through breeding on pokemmo normally, but because Explosion is a move tutor move in the game that is disabled and we can't use said tutor to teach Qwilfish explosion. Is this intentional, An oversight or possibly able to be changed?

(Pls, I want to pop my balloon pokemon in a spectacular fashion.)

7 answers to this question

Qwilfish in generations 4 and onward can learn explosion via the TM, Pokemon can learn moves they learn in future generations by TM through breeding on pokemmo normally, but because Explosion is a move tutor move in the game that is disabled and we can't use said tutor to teach Qwilfish explosion. Is this intentional, An oversight or possibly able to be changed?

(Pls, I want to pop my balloon pokemon in a spectacular fashion.)

Afaik this is intentional, as it's also the case with Tauros and Rock Slide. Darkshade has indicated in the past that he intends to make these moves available eventually, though. At least, I think that's what he said

Afaik this is intentional, as it's also the case with Tauros and Rock Slide. Darkshade has indicated in the past that he intends to make these moves available eventually, though. At least, I think that's what he said

That's correct, the ways moves are made accessible is as straight-forward as can be;

• If the process of learning a particular move is available, it is able to learn it.
  • Whether a certain species is able to learn a move through an unreleased method is irrelevant, because that method does not exist yet.

It's both easier for us to keep track of and the player to understand this way. (This is also noted in the 'Dex).

Additional TMs are not out of the question, but please do not take that statement as a confirmation of anything.

That's correct, the ways moves are made accessible is as straight-forward as can be;

• If the process of learning a particular move is available, it is able to learn it.
  • Whether a certain species is able to learn a move through an unreleased method is irrelevant, because that method does not exist yet.

It's both easier for us to keep track of and the player to understand this way. (This is also noted in the 'Dex).

Additional TMs are not out of the question, but please do not take that statement as a confirmation of anything.

So is that you saying it's likely to be added to the move tutor list or that it's likely to get a new TM for explosion, or you have no intention of letting us teach it at the move tutor at mt ember, I can't quite tell

So is that you saying it's likely to be added to the move tutor list or that it's likely to get a new TM for explosion, or you have no intention of letting us teach it at the move tutor at mt ember, I can't quite tell

He's saying it falls into priority with other things he plans to fix but don't take that as an absolute answer.

• We will not distribute moves outside of the methods that are meant to learn them. (In this case Explosion on learnt via tutor when it is a TM move).
  • To address situations like this we may add additional TMs in the future, but this is not a confirmation on that.

you have no intention of letting us teach it at the move tutor at mt ember, I can't quite tell

So this

it's likely to get a new TM for explosion

And this, except replace the words 'likely to' with a very loose 'a possibility that it might'.