Genderless Breeding

Kizhaz

Question

In the past we could breed genderless pokemon with other pokemon in their respective egg groups. With the introduction of the new breeding system I feel it would be best to revert back to this change as breeding them with just ditto can be an almost impossible job. It's easy to get 2x31 with random nature, but from there it gets difficult as you cant breed ditto's together to get a better parent, instead you have to rely on catching a decent ditto as the parent.

I don't get it where the problem is. I personally breed in the last time more genderless pokemons then anything else. And I breed enough good pokemon ( 2×31 rest 20+ natured ) to tell that it isn't hard to obtain them. Most of them cost me arround 200-400k and I sell them for arround 600-800k/more or I hold them for comp. And a Hp on a certain genderless is only necessary for a modest magneton with hp fire. Every other genderless pokemon has enough moves to choose from that are good. And I personally find it good that some pokes are rarer then others and that their value is especially higher then others.

The problem is it relies on catching a ditto with 5-6 decent IV's in order to make a decent comp whereas for anything else you can create a better parent through breeding. This acts as a huge barrier in obtaing these pokemon

The problem is it relies on catching a ditto with 5-6 decent IV's in order to make a decent comp whereas for anything else you can create a better parent through breeding. This acts as a huge barrier in obtaing these pokemon

since you can also pass one Iv down yoz don't always need to have 6 decent ivs dittos. Sometimes it is enough if you first make for example a 1×31 natured and then just take some 1×31 2/3×20+ dittos. And the most of my dittos I catch myself. When I go on a catching trip I catch usually arround 80 to 100 dittos in 3 hours or so while doing other stuff like watching Netflix or smt on my second stream or write with my mmo friends or talk in a ts. And of these 100 dittos usually I get 15 to 25 1×31 and arround 10 ones that are 2×31 or 1×31 4×20+. So I wouldn't call it hard to get the dittos

since you can also pass one Iv down yoz don't always need to have 6 decent ivs dittos. Sometimes it is enough if you first make for example a 1×31 natured and then just take some 1×31 2/3×20+ dittos. And the most of my dittos I catch myself. When I go on a catching trip I catch usually arround 80 to 100 dittos in 3 hours or so while doing other stuff like watching Netflix or smt on my second stream or write with my mmo friends or talk in a ts. And of these 100 dittos usually I get 15 to 25 1×31 and arround 10 ones that are 2×31 or 1×31 4×20+. So I wouldn't call it hard to get the dittos

I don't have the time, pc space, nor other stuff to do whilst trying to make 1 measly comp. We shouldn't have to resort to outside content for entertainment whilst playing a game. I can catch half a box full (30) pokemon for any other competitive pokemon, why should I resort to using two full boxes out of the 7? available to make a pokemon. The time and money (high asf catch rate) to catch all the ditto's needed is massively greater than than for any other gendered pokemon, I don't mind if they keep genderless harder to obtain, just not to the extent that it currently is. Catching good Ditto is completely luck based and needs a change

I don't get it where the problem is. I personally breed in the last time more genderless pokemons then anything else. And I breed enough good pokemon ( 2×31 rest 20+ natured ) to tell that it isn't hard to obtain them. Most of them cost me arround 200-400k and I sell them for arround 600-800k/more or I hold them for comp. And a Hp on a certain genderless is only necessary for a modest magneton with hp fire. Every other genderless pokemon has enough moves to choose from that are good. And I personally find it good that some pokes are rarer then others and that their value is especially higher then others.

As Kizhaz mentioned, the problem is that it is entirely luck based, and ridiculously more time consuming than any other form of breeding (for the numbers, see my post earlier.) The "I don't mind of they are harder to obtain" is getting old, we've already establish that we're fine with them being harder to obtain, and it should/will remain that way.

This shows that you might be biased for having good luck. Only about 1,3 dittos in a 100 are 2x31, so your numbers show that you have been blessed with nice dittos. Personal experience can sometimes be too subjective to see the problem for what it really is. Again, as Kizhaz said, having to resort to outside content to be able to play the game is a sign that something is wrong.

Edited by PandaJJ