"A Mindless Game" - thoughts by DoubleJ

DoubleJ

Hell, I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I hate breeding.

With the changes, it's practically mandatory if I want to play competitive.

The game has lost all interest from me now, since it's quit the only thing keeping me or do something I dislike at a core level.

That's my personal additions to what I agree with in what JJ already said.

So what would you rather be doing?

Playing for incentive. Playing in an Official Master's Series that will not only reward me for my efforts but also let me say, "I AM THE GREATEST!"

EDIT: That's what I would like to be doing. I'm sure other players have different and potentially better ideas for this game. 

Edited by DoubleJ

watching herp gorge his own eyes out with a rusty spoon, watching season 2 of no game no life( never going to happen ;-: ), playing doubles match upstairs in floor 2 of pc, hanging out with my best friend, making knives and or batarangs, playing poke smash, participating in certain unmentionable adult activity's, playing eve, going to japan, going to new zealand, ect.....

Edited by fredrichnietze

watching herp gorge his own eyes out with a rusty spoon, watching season 2 of no game no life( never going to happen ;-: ), playing doubles match upstairs in floor 2 of pc, hanging out with my best friend, making knives and or batarangs, playing poke smash, participating in certain unmentionable adult activity's, playing eve, going to japan, going to new zealand, ect.....

am I your best friend

I had two ideas, one recent, to remedy cash problems --- and one older, to remedy endgame boredom:

Pokemon Castle Siege (endgame content):

The Ferry (to fix cash problems):
Edited by DaBeardedLady

The upstairs pvp system could have been worked on, that was fun to play when it was actually going.

This sucked for a lot of reasons, some of which are:
  • Dueling is much more convenient
  • Because it was open all day every day, matchfixing is very easy to do during non-peak times
  • No rewards means no players, making matchfixing easier, but we can't attach rewards until we're sure it won't suck otherwise they're abused
  • Average Joe™ doesn't know the matchmaking exists because of a lack of publicity
Some thought was given to these over the year, and we couldn't really figure out how to make it suck less, so it's stuck on the backburner until we figure it out.

1. Players have shown that PayDay isn't a time effective method of making money.

2. Hey, I beat you, look at this awesome Gift Comp Shiny I got"

3. A lot of players are fading out and new players aren't garnering the respect of older players because they simply aren't winning.

4. I've logged in game about 10x today and log out after about 10 minutes, because the game is boring and stale. A new region was introduced and that's not even very intriguing.

For me, when the new region comes out it took me like 2 weeks to convince my friend to play with me in it. You could call him very noober-ish. He hasn't played through the region ever and I played through it but only when I was in jr high so I don't remember it either. We play together about an hour or two some days and are working our way through it. Watching his noober-ish struggles brings fun for me. It's totally new exploration and we don't use a guide. It's a blast really.

On #3, I saw that in my old game. Different people say things for different reasons (generic statement ftw). However, it was consistent in the late years of the game that some of the self dubbed champs of the early years (who also hadn't played in years) continually put down the new guys. That also happened until the game went off-line. It drove me nuts honestly. Once someones mind establishes that "do you know of my greatness in 2012" ego, sometimes that never goes away.

I went through that leet no life play when I was 17-19. I drop commanded and my team  dominated in leagues. We played the same 3 guys every time. I bent the rules, exploited glitches, anything to win - and we did. Over 400 wins 25 loses total. Then it was all over and went off-line and I said what happened to my life. Only a legend in my own mind. When you go to work the cash register at Mc D's - no one cares, LOL. So I looked at it and said wow that was dumb, and then I became a semi filthy casual here in pokeMMO. A game I consider much more relaxing personally (prolly cuz i dont tourney). Maybe it's time for you to find what PokeMMO is for me and get out of no life mode JJ.

Although I will mention something I've written 3 times and decide not to post is that sometimes I think without you and bowser (maybe a few others) this game mighta already started the journey down the toilet in the comp scene, rofl. There's just not enough pizazz or players. It's a small, stagnant community. 

This sucked for a lot of reasons, some of which are:

• Dueling is much more convenient
  • Because it was open all day every day, matchfixing is very easy to do during non-peak times
  • No rewards means no players, making matchfixing easier, but we can't attach rewards until we're sure it won't suck otherwise they're abused
  • Average Joe™ doesn't know the matchmaking exists because of a lack of publicity
Some thought was given to these over the year, and we couldn't really figure out how to make it suck less, so it's stuck on the backburner until we figure it out.

Battle points as prizes from upstairs please :p
If you win you get 100 BP for every Pokemon you have alive.
6-0 = 600 BP
5-0 = 500 BP

It's not a lot but if you do enough of them you can buy the things from trainer tower shop you need without grinding quick claw slowbros and thunderbolt primeapes