A shift in prizes given for official events.

Squirtle

The only issue I see is: We spend money (a lot) to make comps.  In many ways, the prize is a repayment for not only the money we spend (Some of us Millions on a single comp) but the time we spent grinding/buying/breeding.  As long as the prizes can repay or help the grind process as well as promote entice comp played to come out and play, I see no issue.

I really like the ideas listed, but there is still a concern for how competitive players will be able to earn money. Is a buff to payday coming or some other way to earn money?

I'd like to think they'd earn money the same way any other player in the game could potentially earn money, except with a bit of a bonus with the prizes

I'd like to think they'd earn money the same way any other player in the game could potentially earn money, except with a bit of a bonus with the prizes

Well yes, I'm just hoping there is an improved method to do this in the works. Sorry if that didn't wasn't inferred. 

uhm I much rather have something I can trade or use then a gift shiny Pokemon or even competitive shiny gift pokemon. Seems like a terrible idea. Not everyone values shiny Pokemon that much. Just give me that cash 

I think the prizes will look similar to this, where you get things of value and things that are used as a trophy that you can show off.    https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/50678-pokemmo-doubles-sunday-15th-february/

I think the prizes will look similar to this, where you get things of value and things that are used as a trophy that you can show off.    https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/50678-pokemmo-doubles-sunday-15th-february/

what does that have to do with anything? i already know what theyre planning to do. im saying untradeable shiny pokemon are worthless to some people like me and they should do away with it and just put in straight pokeyen

• Shiny (Gift) competitive Pokemon

Wow, that sounds really cool-

What is being discussed and most likely will be the case is IV selection equaling 120 meaning you will be able to choose the IVs of the Pokemon but it cannot total more than 120. Nature will also be able to be selected with the competitive shiny, lastly certain moves might be able to be given as well but this is still only a theory. Darkshade can elaborate more on the last point if he chooses to.

aaaaand then it's not. 120 IV total is really mediocre. The only pokemon who can really rock that IV total are walls with no real method of attacking; We're talking things like Shuckle or a Dusclops which relies on Wisp/Seismic Toss or Night Shade to deal damage, since they can completely forgo the attack and Sp.Attack IV's, get 31 in each defense, then just dump the rest in Speed.

For any kind of attacker, they're dealing with a situation where it's probably defaulted to 31 on their main attacking stat and 31 speed. So, from there, half their points are gone, with only 58 left. They then have to figure out a way of distributing that to their HP and defenses, which comes out to like 20 HP and 19 Def/Sp.Def. That's absolute garbage. As cool as they may look, that's pretty much unusable as far as I'm concerned; It's not even DIFFICULT to get a comp better than that, so it's not like you'd be saving much money by using these "comp" shinies instead of breeding one yourself, since you could breed a better one pretty easily. And since you can't breed these shinies, it's not like you can improve this.

As for any kind of mixed attacker...yeah, you're fucked. Good luck trying to find a good distribution for a Mixed Nidoking with 120 IV's in total. What are you gonna do, 20 across the board? Ignoring the fact that a stat distribution like that is super bad, you're probably gonna want at least 31 Attack/Sp.Att/Speed on any half-decent Nidoking, which leaves you with...

9/31/9/31/9/31

yeahno.

So, TL;DR: A 120 IV limit heavily favors walls which don't care about either attacking stat and are fine with a slightly damaged speed, or an incredibly slow wall which only needs one attacking stat and can go without 1 31. Anything other than those things gets massively shafted. IMO, at that point, you might as well give a much higher IV limit and allow people to get perfect or near perfect comp shinies, because with a 120 limit, certain shinies can get IV's that are pretty much perfect, while others can't even get a half decent one. IE a 31/0/31/0/31/27 Shuckle is pretty much perfect for everything a Shuckle will do, so it's pretty much a perfect comp shiny, but a 9/31/9/31/9/31 Nidoking is completely useless. 

I don't see what's so good about this - anyone care to elaborate?
Other than the shiny competitive 'mons, which seem cool, don't look that good after the 120 IV limit. Couldn't you just give or show the pokémon you already have with the ideal moveset / nature/ IV and make a gift competitive shiny out of that? 

Edited by AzizFTW

I don't see what's so good about this - anyone care to elaborate?
Other than the shiny competitive 'mons, which seem cool, don't look that good after the 120 IV limit. Couldn't you just give or show the pokémon you already have with the ideal moveset / nature/ IV and make a gift competitive shiny out of that? 

They haven't given a real quality explanation as for reasoning behind this move other than some really glazed over comment about the economy. 

stuff

Yeah I wanted to point this out too. Devs you should know that the comp standard (for anything to be useable in official events) is like 31 speed and 25 anywhere else (MAYBE 20). So if you are giving us a comp shiny than give us a comp shiny and not something we will never see again outside of Viridian battles. Because what's the point in calling a shiny comp that ultimately gives you a disadvantage in tournaments?

The points should be focused on mixed attackers because they'd need the most. IMO this would be acceptable 20/25/20/25/20/31, so that's 141 points. Alright fine make it 140.

IMO this would be acceptable 20/25/20/25/20/31, so that's 141 points. Alright fine make it 140.

nah i can make that comp in less than an hour why would i want to use some shitty comp just cause its different colors. 30+ everything with specified hidden power, and nature or gtfo. only top competitive players make it to the top anyways why would they want to use low iv poke? 

i like it, but there's no reason to run a 20+ att poke if u already have a 31att in ur box, so i hope these look something like this 26/31/26/x/26/31, otherwise they will remain in the box like any standard shiny. well, these shiny will not be tradeable anyways, so why not.

nah i can make that comp in less than an hour why would i want to use some shitty comp just cause its different colors. 30+ everything with specified hidden power, and nature or gtfo. only top competitive players make it to the top anyways why would they want to use low iv poke? 

where were you all this time mane

Not disagreeing with any of thinknice or seniles post here, as I would prefer not to comment on any of that type of  stuff so this is to you directly.

Why does a top competitive player need a perfect pokemon to win?  If they are that good couldn't they pull it off with something less than perfect?

Not disagreeing with any of thinknice or seniles post here, as I would prefer not to comment on any of that type of  stuff so this is to you directly.

Why does a top competitive player need a perfect pokemon to win?  If they are that good couldn't they pull it off with something less than perfect?

I shake my head back and forth, shake my head damn head back and forth

*yes, to that tune by that one girl with that rich dad who was a fresh prince or something

You don't need it to win, but why would you intentionally lower your chances to win with an inferior pokemon when you already have a better one? A more skilled player will win 9 times out of ten anyway, but when you get right down to it, missing certain KO's with worse pokemon or getting KO'd by things you otherwise wouldn't be KO'd by significantly impacts your chance of winning. ESPECIALLY against two roughly evenly matched players, those extra stat points really can make a difference, or if you're haxed with a flinch or crit and need to take more damage than your were expecting to.