A shift in prizes given for official events.

Squirtle

Battle points. ok this sounds good. 
PP Maxes also sounds goods
Everstones eh~
Shards eh~
Good TMs eh~
Decoration items Red Tent or Blue Tent or Slide or Stand. eh~ some people are into this others dont care at all. it's all about personal preference.
Shiny (Gift) competitive Pokemon this would go over big
Shiny (Gift) Pokemon i dont see the point of a untradable shiny that has no value other then aesthetics

imo whatever the final decision is, it should be something that the winner can either use in future tournaments or sell for a reasonably large amount of cash. the prize should NOT be something only available through winning tournaments ofc. but there should be a way to use your prize to better your chance at winning next tournament by using it(if it is a pokemon) or using the money gained from selling the prize to buy pokemon, moves, ect....

all about the next fight

Everstones eh~
Shards eh~
Good TMs eh~
Decoration items Red Tent or Blue Tent or Slide or Stand. eh~ some people are into this others dont care at all. it's all about personal preference.
Shiny (Gift) Pokemon i dont see the point of a untradable shiny that has no value other then aesthetics

imo whatever the final decision is, it should be something that the winner can either use in future tournaments or sell for a reasonably large amount of cash. the prize should NOT be something only available through winning tournaments ofc. but there should be a way to use your prize to better your chance at winning next tournament by using it(if it is a pokemon) or using the money gained from selling the prize to buy pokemon, moves, ect....

all about the next fight

Amen!

Everstones eh~
Shards eh~
Good TMs eh~

all about the next fight

Thank you for providing your opinion on some of the possible prizes given. I do agree that there should be some value given to winners of the tournaments but we might disagree on what is reasonably large amount. I hope that some of the prizes given in future tournaments are direct incentives to competitive players which I believe most of these accomplish. 

I am also open to different ideas as to what competitive players would find enticing as a prize. 

I asked darkshade this in TS, but I feel like it should be asked here as well.

shiny gift competitive pokemon, entirely fine with it but i am curious, will the player who wins it get to chose the iv spread(like 31 in speed 25 in x/x/x and x, or whatever you all deem to be competitive in iv's), and nature/moveset?

What is being discussed and most likely will be the case is IV selection equaling 120 meaning you will be able to choose the IVs of the Pokemon but it cannot total more than 120. Nature will also be able to be selected with the competitive shiny, lastly certain moves might be able to be given as well but this is still only a theory. Darkshade can elaborate more on the last point if he chooses to.

What is being discussed and most likely will be the case is IV selection equally 120 meaning you will be able to choose the IVs of the Pokemon but it cannot total more than 120. Nature will also be able to be selected with the competitive shiny, lastly certain moves might be able to be given as well but this is still only a theory. Darkshade can elaborate more on the last point if he chooses to.

Sounds like an awful lot of work, especially if either the winner or you are too busy.

Sounds like an awful lot of work, especially if either the winner or you are too busy.

All the work will be done by the player and the host at the end of the tournament and I will create it at a later date as has been done in the past and provide it to the SGMs to give out as has been done in the past.

So shiny gift can be trade but shiny comp gift can't is what I am understanding ? or is both not tradable.

Neither, but a shiny gift will typically be a higher tier shiny to show off than the shiny comp gift

At least how I interpreted the posts in the thread

Edited by Munya

I generally like this.

One small question though.

Will the Shiny Swinub from the Santa Photo Art Contest be given a gift ribbon? Because that was not what I signed up for when I decided to spend quite a bit of time to make terribad art.

edit: even though I know I won't win, but still...

Edited by Gilan

I generally like this.

One small question though.

Will the Shiny Swinub from the Santa Photo Art Contest be given a gift ribbon? Because that was not what I signed up for when I decided to spend quite a bit of time to make terribad art.

edit: even though I know I won't win, but still...

Something tells me this isn't retroactive.  They weren't listed as gift shinies so they probably won't be given as such.

Edited by Munya